Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

Exclusive:: Pics from Raas Kambooni

Inshallah I'll post here some pics from Raaskamboni (and the surroundings) I'm sure most of you have never even seen a pic from this area:

get-10-2010-onm6jisn.gif

get-10-2010-jpzsro6b.jpg

get-10-2010-alh21664.gif

get-10-2010-nofaccko.gif

get-10-2010-gqwfuvy4.gif

get-10-2010-p8dk1g7z.jpg

^ Google Earth, here are the real pics:

get-10-2010-edxh7c6y.jpg

get-10-2010-jq7oppyh.gif

^ More to the west, (close to Kenya).

get-10-2010-rti9iark.jpg

get-10-2010-10gk0bb3.jpg

get-10-2010-zrbopsvd.jpg

get-10-2010-1tadeyu5.jpg

Do you know how much money Somalia would make with tourism, Kenya would be for the Europeans while all the Khaleeji, Muslim tourists would come here.

Timur   

get-10-2010-jpzsro6b.jpg

That's the Jubba river crossing some settlements near Jamaame.

The Jubba river itself stops hundreds of miles north of Ras Kambooni, in fact there's really no large source of water near Ras Kambooni, that's why there are no farmers in that area. By the way, some of your pictures are probably from the Bajuun islands although in fairness they look exactly like the shores of Ras Kambooni so it could be either one.

Lastly, aside from incredible natural beauty, Ras Kambooni is just a massive bush land, its really just useless land, that's why it has a low population in comparison to Jamaame which is prime farm land. The area just outside of Ras Kamboon is quite arid, you don't even reach the bushes until a few miles out.

Showqi   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

come on, there is hot air balloon in one of the pics

:D:D:D ..... Naxar, Good observation

Chimera   

Originally posted by Mad_Mullah:

Inshallah I'll post here some pics from Raaskamboni (and the surroundings) I'm sure most of you have never even seen a pic from this area:

get-10-2010-nofaccko.gif

get-10-2010-gqwfuvy4.gif

get-10-2010-p8dk1g7z.jpg

I can see alot of potential in this area, we could built a new city there from scratch, a planned one at that! It would be a good alternative to Xamar in the South and a potential hub of peace for those running away from war. The geographic shape is also ideal for a port, not to forget the proximity this place has to the Bajuni Paradise. We could attract the middle-classes of Malaysia, Turkey, Indonesia and the wealthy Somalis from the diaspora. Plenty of fertile land aswell to be self-sufficient.