Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

Misleading Statements From Wardheernews (An Invitation To Puntlanders in SOL)

Xudeedi   

http://www.wardheernews.com/Editorial/wdn_editorial_61.html

Although the editorial is steered in a relevant direction, the basis of its accusation is story bound and misleading. It refers to the regions of “Sool, Sanaag & Cayn” as disputed territory, which clearly signals “Wardheernews” geographical unawareness and appropriate political positioning. Majority of Sanaag region is secession free and values Sultanate tradition and Puntland allegiance as governing principles.

The editorial states “In the past, Puntland went into two loosing wars with Somaliland on said territorial question”. This statement is awfully a preconceived notion and translates from the solitary dire perception of secessionists. Puntland and secessionist Northwest have never fought a war, merely nothing more than border skirmishes with minimum casualties.

Wardheernews goes on to draw attention to the Donald Payne incident with a blind motive as if the Americans are not the policy makers in the region, with Ethiopia aligned as its camouflaged strategy carriers. The U.S policy in the region has never changed and Ethiopia remains a key U.S procedural enforcer. If Mr. Payne is sincere with the message of his press release, then should he not rightfully accuse Ethiopia in the same regard?

Puntland’s current administration has made mistakes that need to be addressed without misgiving, centered with key issues as the Sool mess in its forefront. Save for Wardheernews bias and lack of knowledge on the subject matter, SOL Puntlnaders ought to audaciously discuss key obstacles the state faces in order to take part in correcting the system.

Xagla Toosiye’s endeavor to take back Sool Region.

Discriminate border policies (Ceerigaabo & Gaalkacyo)

The administration must set the stage for multi-party elections

Security & Clan disputes

Faroole’s Son’s appointment as an advisor (His visit to Hargaisa and link to secessionist in-laws)

Delays in Haylaan Regional Council appointment

The ONLF incident

ETC

NASSIR   

Brother, PL just like SL is a bargaining chip of the national pie, and WardheerNews has always been in favor of the secessionists, even publishing a conpiracy theory from an unidentified Ethiopian freelance (who could be one of their own)that the former Italian Somaliland would be divided into a four states, inclusive of Puntland, whereas the current "Somaliland" would be recognized as a state of its own. A potential dicey situation!

I blame our self-interested elites, elders, and Sultans and their chronic silence in an important issues where their lands are either tagged "disputed" or claimed by any group in the world, does it matter if it's clan. In other words, the bankruptcy of leadership for this Sanaag and western Bari community is very manifest despite "Ilka-jir" being paraded as the one who would fill the vacuum.

Here I did comment on a similar case.

UZTAAD   

there many errors and lies in this so called editorial

In the past, Puntland went into two loosing wars with Somaliland on said territorial question. Consequently, with the reality on the ground hugely favoring Somaliland, which has ruled these regions for most of the last twenty years

code:

there was several border skirmishes between puntland and Somali-land and majority of these skirmishes puntland was victorious including in 2003 when rayaale was chased away from Las Anod.

another armed clashes in September 2004 in which somaliland was soundly defeated around Ariadeye where many prisoners were taken by puntland forces.

somaliland only won the last one In October 2007 due to overstretched puntland military obligations in Mogadishu and else where

somaliland has never ruled this territories there was some individual politicians who got employment from Hargeisa but there has not any somaliland authority there.

it seams that President Faroole is currently avoiding war with somaliland over Las anod because of the other imminent dangers from shabaab which is common enemy of both puntland and somaliland but if puntland decides to liberate its territory in military means it will take only matter of hours not even days because puntland forces and far more superior than SNM militia who are known for their weakness in the battlefield.

Saaxil   

Nasir and the other die hard Puntlanders who are blindly supporting Farole and his stooges with the killing and selling of innocent Somalis to their Ethiopian Master is mind boggling.

Its great to see such crack between Puntland supporters and their mouth piece Wardheernews.

I will be watching closely such a new film with a an excitement from not too far distance in Goljano.

Waaheen   

Previous Wardheernews editorials were on many cases very critical about Somaliland’s policies and some of their leadership. I am not yet convinced that Wardheernews is a choir that is singing a tune that is in line with all the ambitions of Somaliland. Probably they will agree with some and disagree with others. But what this editorial shows is that they at least look at the issues concerned somewhat objectively.

As per this particular editorial, in my view it merely points out few issues, most prominent of which is the fact that recapturing Lasanod is currently not a priority for Faroole’s administration and transferring ******is is not in Puntland’s interest. I might disagree with some of the phrases used in the article but the fact remains that in both cases they are right on the money.

Waaheen

Abtigiis   

Wardheernews got its fact upright and the editorial is insightful. I saw Xuddeddi disputing some of the facts, like the fact the Puntland is indeed defeated politically and militarily on the Sool and Sanaag issue (which he belittles as a border skirmish yet we know it defines much more than that!).

But one wouldn't expect a fair appraisal from some people who have long resolved to stick to the official lines of their admin. I wouldn't be surprised if Puntland Diaspora Forum reacts with yet another Press Release as a rebuttal.

Xudeedi   

Brother, PL just like SL is a bargaining chip of the national pie, and WardheerNews has always been in favor of the secessionists, even publishing a conpiracy theory from an unidentified Ethiopian freelance (who could be one of their own)that the former Italian Somaliland would be divided into a four states, inclusive of Puntland, whereas the current "Somaliland" would be recognized as a state of its own. A potential dicey situation!

I blame our self-interested elites, elders, and Sultans and their chronic silence in an important issues where their lands are either tagged "disputed" or claimed by any group in the world, does it matter if it's clan. In other words, the bankruptcy of leadership for this Sanaag and western Bari community is very manifest despite "Ilka-jir" being paraded as the one who would fill the vacuum.

Here I did comment on a similar case.

Nassir: Could not agree more

Oodweyne:

At the outset, if it was not for the wretchedness of your in denial, you would long have spotted that secessionist Northwest is nothing more than an opportunist ambition designed with the intention to bargain for the bigger pie. As I have numerously stated in SOL, “it’s much easier to sing you the recognition song, nevertheless much more difficult to develop tangible advancement”. Those who you cheer for in Morgan’s old palace understand this bargaining chip Nassir speaks of, yet they stack up dough at the expense of the innocent civilians like Oodweyne (miskiin).

Uztaad:

Indeed the editorial displays many errors that truly shed light on Wardheernews long concealed shadow and its deceiving information haulage.

Abtigiis & Tolka

Adeer Sanaag region has for centuries been governed by tradition speared by men of great caliber revealed by both Arab and western anthropologist. Nevertheless, we solers know the influence of emotion guided by your statement and I must warn you that such level of animosity for your kinsmen could be very dangerous. The people of Puntland commiserate with the struggle of its kinsmen in eastern Ethiopia and loudly condemn anything unparallel to their well being. Let me reassure you that cheerleading for secessionist will only debase your position.

Saaxil   

Oodweyne you lost me, its tough to follow your thoughts. Horaa laguu yidhi adigu iskaga dhex bax hadda. Ha kharibin oday goobta " labadii baadil ku heshiisaa xaqay isku diriraan"