Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Listing of Puntland’s Ignoble Actors

Yes I agree but the sincerity of some people's criticism could be doubted as being coming from different perspective, you know we are Somali...

We could say that about everyone here including you and I but still shouldn't negate people's cricisms considering the fact that the charges are actually true.

Emperor   

^Well, I know I am no different from any Somali nor have I said that but I wouldn't interrupt for example if my SL peepz decide to have their own opinions on something important to them.... will not put my traces there, aigh

Horn rushes in , adeer I dont have to defend anyone least for clan reasons, Puntland is a state I love and it contains all sorts of people good and bad, short and tall and so on. Gagaab and the rest are ******, they have failed.

As for the state, violence is not the answer, we need to get rid of these groups. Thats my opinion as a Somali who hails from Puntland and loves it.

Thus lets name them all. He is no 1.

So far we have three names.

1- Cadde

2- Gaagaab

3- Samatar

Given his tenacity in defending this act, I would also add somalipride to this preliminary list of hall of shame.

Geeljire, brother there is no parallel between the tragedies that sadly continue uninterrupted in Benadir and what happened in Puntland. And the intent of this thread was no in that spirit.

Thankful   

Given his tenacity in defending this act, I would also add somalipride to this preliminary list of hall of shame.

I'd be more then proud to be in the company of these men. Thank you! If it weren't for them it would have fell a long time ago.

Posted by Che

Geeljire...No DNA neccesary. Reer Bari aa gaaban yihiin oo madoob yihiin. Horaa lagaa soo saaraa.

I was wondering and disgusted on how people attacked you and question what you were, I now completely understand!!!! We need to weed this immaturity out!

Miskiin,

Ma maqashay "bilaadil bun" in Arabic and in English the Land of Punt where the Egyptian queen Hasebshout (sp) traded for franksence and myrrh (beeyo iyo maydh). Read below, as the Bari region has has the largest production of myrrh & frankincense

Queen Hatshepsut's expedition to the Land of Punt: The first oceanographic cruise?

by Sayed Z. El-Sayed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Queen Hatshepsut ruled Egypt from ca. 1503 to 1480 B.C. In contrast to the warlike temper of her dynasty, she devoted herself to administration and the encouragement of commerce. In the summer of 1493 B.C., she sent a fleet of five ships with thirty rowers each from Kosseir, on the Red Sea, to the Land of Punt, near present-day Somalia. It was primarily a trading expedition, for Punt, or God's Land, produced myrrh, frankincense, and fragrant ointments that the Egyptians used for religious purposes and cosmetics.

We do not know when the ships returned to Kosseir, but Hatshepsut herself informed us in lengthy inscriptions on the walls of her beautiful terraced temple at Deir el-Bahri, near Luxor in the Valley of the Kings, that "the ships were laden with the costly products of the Land of Punt and with its many valuable woods, with very much sweet-smelling resin and frankincense, with quantities of ebony and ivory . . ."

The queens' artists immortalized this homecoming in murals on the walls of the temple, which depict not only potted myrrh saplings and sacks of frankincense, but also fish and other fauna and flora collected during the expedition. The drawings on these walls are so accurate that the famed ichthyologist, the late Carl Hubbs of Scripps Institution of Oceanography, told me that he was "able to identify the fish to the species level" from the drawings!

The ancient Egyptians with their penchant for accurate information, and for making precise observations of the environment, had amassed a store of knowledge of the geography, hydrography and meteorology which enabled them to undertake seafaring ventures. In order to navigate to Punt, they must have known the navigational peculiarities of the Red Sea, in which northerly winds bring rough weather from the end of June to December while mild southerlies prevail the rest of the year.

We do not know whether or not Hatshepsut sent other expeditions to the Land of Punt, but later Egyptian monarchs reached the south of Africa and beyond. Herodotus informs us that Necho II, King of Egypt (ca. 600 B.C.) sent Phoenician sailors down to the Red Sea and along the coast of Africa. In the third year they returned through the Pillars of Hercules (Strait of Gibraltar), and reached Egypt via the Mediterranean Sea.

According to William A. Herdmann, author of The Founders of Oceanography and Their Work (1923), it is doubtful whether the circumnavigation of Africa was repeated until Vasco da Gama rounded the Cape of Good Hope from the west two thousand years later, in the 15th century.

PA, dhulkaas from Suudaan, through Eritareeya to Soomaaliya meel ee tahay lama hubo maanta.

Xabagta, luubaanta iyo waxaas, yes, dhulka Soomaalida badanaa laga helaa, but still dhulalkaasba waa laga heli karaa qaarkood.

Waxaa aniga kasoo horseedaa is that Soomaali la baxeyso ama deegaankooda ugu magacdaray erey shisheeye oo aanan afkeena ku jirin. Haddii la Soomaaliyeen lahaa la garay, oo Buntilaan ahaan lahayd. Erey Soomaali u dhigmo ha helaan, haddii kale ha iska dhaafaan.

Gabbal   

^Touch up on your history. The concept Punt might have included Eritrea and Sudan has long been negated. Every sign including the type of Frankicense most desired by the Ancient Egyptians points to the area between Berbera and Boosaaso.