Illyria

Proposed constitutional amendments - redrafting the Fed. constitution

galbeedi   

In these pages, we have been criticizing every president who comes for the last 12 years and it didn't change much. The next one after HSM could be even more dangerous and more criminal that we might ever see. 

Omar Geelle  might even bring his own son in law if don't win this war or move to one person one vote. Let us help HSM defeat Al-shbaab.

galbeedi   

This is bad according to the intelligence community. Mogadishu was getting better in terms of security, so why fix it  if its not broken.

As Maakhiri1 said, Galmudug is now the epicenter of many things including the offshore oil blocks and the fight against Al-shbaab. Qoorqoor wasn't doing good in terms of the war effort. Millions of dollars have been loss for the war effort and lately Al-shbaab retook many places liberated last year.

IT is a shake up.

galbeedi   

Also, the last SYL bombing hit very close to Villa Somali which just few hundred meters from the hotel checkpoints. Mahad Salaad filled most of the management positions with his own  community and they might just leave and take the all  files with them.

9 hours ago, galbeedi said:

In these pages, we have been criticizing every president who comes for the last 12 years and it didn't change much. The next one after HSM could be even more dangerous and more criminal that we might ever see. 

Omar Geelle  might even bring his own son in law if don't win this war or move to one person one vote. Let us help HSM defeat Al-shbaab.

Alshabaab cant be defeated by amisom the same way taliban was and couldn’t be defeated by the United States.  The strategy hassan sheikh is trying to defeat shabaab with macsiwslay isn’t much of a strategy at all. Hassan ulusow is very divisive  he has now driven away the only stable state that was a signotary to the bunker. Puntland  how is he going to defeat shabaab the country is so divided now . Hassan sheikh has no solutions at all 

Daljiraha Xabashada has been expelled ayaa la soo warinaayaa. Xasan is also trying to close xuramaha Xabashida in Garoowe iyo Hargeysa. Xasan Socdaal can't stand Deni's delegation meeting with Xabashada, but Muuse Muqayil ma kala jecleen wuxuu sameyn jiray.

10 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Mr. qurac, the issue isn't about C/laahi Dani or HSM, it is bigger than that.

In terms of Awdal support, Allah is my witness HSM isn't interested in Awdal or Khaatumo either. It is a fact. There are oligarchs and people whose HSM fears  more than anything we have ever seen  in Somali politics. The ruling class has unfounded fear of the D block taking power from them and might even sacrifice some fundamental values of the nation. The separatists have 35 votes combined 9 other from Omar Geelle and these 45 members are fighting us in Mogadishu with help of Omar Geele, and it seems HSM won't do anything Geelle didn't approve.

Now, on the topic.  I know Gracad was done without the help of the Somali government, yet now isn't the time to travel to Addis and kiss Ethiopia for business or other diplomatic reasons. While Abiy Ahmed has lowered his rhetoric about taking the sea, that threat didn't disappear yet,  and the federal government is fighting him in diplomatic arena. Visiting Ethiopia for deals at the moment seems to be aiding and abetting the enemy, it is a no no in foreign policy affaires, unless you have the same mentality like the Hargeisa regime.

It wasn't Gogol, but a political maneuvering by Farmaajo and Shariif to be relevant again. Dani could deal with his old friend HSM if he wishes. It's just a phone call away.

Now let me move to the big picture.

We all agree that HSM isn't the right president in terms integrity and avoiding clan animosity. It is who is and we can't change. Yet, those issues are not disqualifications for him to rule as he sees fit for the national interest. At the moment HSM and the super majority of the parliament thinks that the next two years should not be wasted on constitutional matters and the usual unending Somali debate. Farmaajo lost two years when Dani and company dragged his term until it is too late and then demanded he appoint a provisional government. 

Now, only two years are left of the four year term of HSM. Most us believe that rather wasting time , he should concentrate and finish the war on Al-shbaab.

THese so called democracy in Somalia is nothing but a useless pickering of a people who born to talk until cows come home. I my experience , I have been to different political and non profit organizations and every simple issue that should have been debated and resolved half an hour takes four hours without resolving. That is nature of the Somali debates where everyone  wants  to be heard without saying anything meaningful.

Let this guy clear Al-shbaab as much as he can and wait what happens and see how  the next election plays out. If he fails to clear them from central Somalia and lower Shabeelle for the next two years, his chances of coming back is almost zero.

Furthermore, if C/laahi Dani want to fight HSM, he should within the Somali political landscape. Find regional allies, convince your idea to others and try to improve things for the next year. Bringing foreign powers to the equation and weakening the state might help you in the short term to sideline HSM, but it's effects will be deadly for the future. We have seen how the TPLF took advantage of the internal divisions.

If I were the leader, I wouldn't even debate a day with these useless regional leaders. My army would march to reach Raascambooni and Lawyacado without anyone's permission.

Galbeedi why do u think or why would u think hsm who wants re election would entertain awdal where he can’t get any votes , yes hassan sheikh is against somaliland quest for statehood yes , but he also cares for coming back to power so why would he sacrifice supporting the internet state called awdal against somaliland then alienating the larger clan in Somaliland  who then would oppose hun. What is there to gain from him just put ur self in his shoes what would u have done

Illyria   
On 4/3/2024 at 2:33 PM, galbeedi said:

Kacaankii Barakaysnaa, O God,  we miss it too much , especially now. You know Illyria, if I make a party called 21 October, I have no doubt it could get the most votes.

See, trouble with nostalgia, selective memory, and misplaced loyalty is they all hinge upon fantasies derived from unreal events and times whilst ignoring horrors of the same, an ailment, which bedevils the human psyche, nonetheless I could appreciate the underlying sentiment.

Also, when I walk the old landmarks like schools, government ministeries, military bases and other agencies, I know the public owned the land not the oligarchs. You pass Dugisiga  sareYaasiin Osman, Bartamaha, 15 May, and Saqaawadiin, and be shocked how huge this public spaces were for our students. Huge hospitals with gardens and open spaces. Igadaa Ha xasuusinine.

That we could not deny, my brother. I observe similar thing in all the major cities I visited, and I always ask myself, imagine had we saved and kept the old institutions intact, preserved the old heritage, designs etc, but then I am reminded of the legacy that which led to the current state, something most Kacaanists tend to deny, and ignore. 

puntland leadership has always been stealth sessionist ( Gooni goosato aan radaarku qaban), especially Faroole and Dani. The good news is the people of Puntalnd are some of the most nationalist among Somalis if not the most.

Here, you are being dishonest in your thinking. Surely, you are not equating years long, ongoing custom and trade outpost at Tuurdibi with the infamous MoU, which technically signed away prime Somali coastal land to Habasha, are you? If so, you are not being genuine.

Furthermore, during MOU between Muuse Biixi and Abiy, and grabbing of the land, not one single regional state people had demonstrated against Abiy Ahmed. Of course the people were against , but the Maamuls had discouraged any public showing except in Mogadishu were people had openly demonstrated.

Now, let me say few points about the "Wax ka bedelka Dastuurka"

I definitely don't want someone from Mogadishu to organize district elections, absolutely.

That was a leadership failure on the part of your beloved leader, HSM, who instead of rallying the public against the invading enemy, chose to fiddle with the Constitution in further instilling division and  chaos amongst the nation whilst jetting from one foreign capital to another with broken limps.

Do you recall a SINGLE meeting or conference at the national level  to address or discuss implications of the MoU? Do you recall FMS heads being congregated to discuss looming crises? Do you recall intellectuals of any kind in Somalia, and abroad discussing or debating the issue? All because of failure of leadership, and the buck stops with your beloved President.

Can you tell me the real reason Puntland refused last year's meeting of regional leaders and HSM other than stupid feud with HSM and Dani?

The conflict started with the proposed changes to the Judiciary branch of government by HSM, who sought to bring all Powers under the FGS, after which Deni excused himself, appointing a Consultative Committee, which drafted contested issues releasing the following 10 points at the heart of the conflict between PL and FGS:

1) Develop clear and strict safeguards of the national sovereignty with SSC-Khatumo question at its heart,

2) Completion of the Constitution, where guiding principles of power-sharing and consensus, participation, inclusivity, politically or otherwise, are adhered to,

3) Devise an agreed upon inclusive national security programme,

4) Agree upon a natural resources management and sharing plan,    

5) Delineation of, and separation of Federal-State powers, and collaboration of institutions, as outlined in the Constitution,

6) Create an agreed upon National judiciary system, defining Federal-State functions and roles,

7) Formulate a transparent National economic and treasury programme with defined, and agreed upon guidelines,

8. What form, or type of Election at the Federal level to be adopted,

9) Determine as to the status of the Capital city, along with its rules and regulations,

10) Work out a political solution prior to any amendments are presented to Federal institutions.

Now, read the said 10 points, and tell me where PL was wrong?

Puntland should demand and ask some changes in terms of the management of the election, but threatening sessions isn't one of them.

PL is not seceding, for its people do not wish to be cause of the destruction of Somalia. That role is being assumed by our brothers in NW, and cousins in Xamar. Be just in your disposition in apportioning blame. Let me remind you of what the late Dr. Galaydh said 'the break-up of the nation is being administered in the South'.

Illyria   

Xaange is not being truthful, and is only protecting his position. PL withdrew from the 2018 agreement after the FGS reneged on all subsequent agreements, and do not wish to deal with the FGS in its current form, or have any projects funneled through its institutions.

And it is doing all right without its noise. Here is one of the ongoing projects, all financed through local taxes, for the re-construction of the road connecting Garowe - Galkacyo.

GKP7uF_XQAAg0fk.jpg.a9f75c000ea01609f7a77f44fdcca983.jpg

GKP7uHAWcAAi7WL.jpg.0cbd4cd6facf7ca0dcb209c940f14a64.jpg

Arafaat   
On 4/4/2024 at 12:54 PM, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Galbeedi suu Xamar u tagay cambuulo iyo bun ayee siiyeen filaa iyo midoo yar murqaha u dhisto. Galbeedihii Alberta ka tagayba  ma'aha oo Nooloow Xasanoow Nooloow ku haayaa.

Naah, it wasn’t the cambuulo nor the cambaro’s, but VIP treatment, bullet proof iyo igu sawir in a suit that knocked Galbeedi over(for now atleast). 😂 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

15 hours ago, Illyria said:

Xaange is not being truthful, and is only protecting his position. PL withdrew from the 2018 agreement after the FGS reneged on all subsequent agreements, and do not wish to deal with the FGS in its current form, or have any projects funneled through its institutions.

And it is doing all right without its noise. Here is one of the ongoing projects for the re-construction of the road connecting Garowe - Galkacyo.

GKP7uF_XQAAg0fk.jpg.a9f75c000ea01609f7a77f44fdcca983.jpg

GKP7uHAWcAAi7WL.jpg.0cbd4cd6facf7ca0dcb209c940f14a64.jpg

Always waa laga gardaranyahay miyaa? Faroole ayaa lahaa xiriirka ayaa u jarnay 15 sano ka hor. Gaas ayaa saas lahaa. Deni kaba soo daran. Madaxweyniyaashana Shariifka, Xasan, Farmaajo iyo Xasan ayee ahaayeen.

Filinkaan dal aad ka tirsantahay dowladda maamusho hadaa isku dhacdaan xiriirka u jareynaa, as though dal shisheeye yahay camal - filinkaan ma soconaayo ee wax kale la imaada.

Illyria   

You should have included Cadde Muse when A Yusuf was the TFG President.What do you think is the root cause of the conflict now? Who do you think is in the wrong?

Postscript:
MMA, When you write in Somali with that broken drawl, I pause thinking I am conversing with a teenager. Just busting your balls.