Illyria

Proposed constitutional amendments - redrafting the Fed. constitution

galbeedi   
9 hours ago, Illyria said:

f you could elaborate.

President HSM has a known dysfunction both outside and inside Mogadishu. The Bajaaj driver who is from Unaka would tell you how public land were sold to oligarchs, how public streets are even closed so someone could build his illegal business, huge military camps are sold to his cronies and so on. Furthermore, he is probably the most openly tribalist president Somalia has even seen since independence.

He is waging a war against Al-shabaab, yet he appoints an army chief who is not only incompetent, but doesn't even venture outside the military headquarters. Frontline soldiers are demoralized by the way they are deployed and how constantly they are ambushed by Al-shabaab like a sitting duck.

Despite all of that he is the only president who is waging a real war against Al-shabaab. While the poor foot soldiers of Al-shabaab are from the Southwest countryside, from Jalalaqsi or Qoryooley, most of those who run Al-shbaab are from Northern Habro, few D block and HAG members,  but it's business enterprise is mostly managed by people from Galmudug, Mugadishu and few random Somalis based in Mogadishu. 

I do believe that HSM is probably the only president who has the means and the will to eliminate the scrooge of Al-shabaab, and that issue should be the most important issue. If this town of Mogadishu and southern Somalia founds the badly needed peace, Somalia could surpass easily within few years both Kenya and Ethiopia.

Pacifying Mogadishu isn't an easy job. We the diaspora blame the locals by saying that how dare they don't cooperate with authority and eliminate Al-shabaab, yet no nation on earth has even faced an enemy so deadly and willing ito inflict as many civilian casualty like Al-shbaab. People might talk about the so called ISIS, but no one is even close to Al-shbaab in terms money raised through extortion and intimidation. They are the richest extremists in the whole world.

I do believe that the people of Mogadishu are the most resilient among the Somalis. They have survived bombing, stabling, killing and all the evil that is Al-shbaab. Yet they don't afraid anymore. They see finally a light under the tunnel.

In terms of the constitution, I agree consultation is the right way to do it, yet the committees that were founded for the last 12 years haven't moved an inch. There was a parliamentary and professional committees organized by the Farmaajo regime in 2018. They were all squabbling how to get the money Norway was paying to fix and amend the constitution with zero results. Furthermore, there is no money to drag this for years to come while major security, international and domestic files are needed urgently. These Puntlanders knew that HSM was corrupt in terms of his oligarchs, yet they waged a hell bent campaign against Farmaajo presenting him like modern day Siyaad Barre Allah Ha u Nazariistee.

You can't just play with fire and expect the house to survive. Wakhtigu wuu is gurayaa, the threat to this nation is so great, I can't imagine it is still standing.

Let me tell you a little story:

We are all shocked about Al-shbaab young men who storm hotels, kill as many as possible and later killed and their bodies laying on the ground. You ask yourself, how could the leaders convinced these kids to kill their own people and die there like cannon fodders?  this is  something bigger than the Somali nomad who can't even fix a bicycle let alone build explosive belts and latest videos with the most modern equipment.

THese young men are recruited from the countryside who are barely teenagers and are locked in special camp with modern interactive video of indoctrination. They are shown photoshopped pictures, videos and other materials for one years. Most of  Mogadishu hotels are depicted in these  videos  like a place where Somali women are raped by foreigners including white and black men, with rampant alcohol and drugs shown openly and so on. Combined with videos from west bank and Gaza, Afghanistan or other places where videos show slaughter of civilians and other collateral damages. 

If you remember, the Iraqi ISIS were founded by men who were raped and exposed in Abu Ghraib and other prisons in Iraq. They were like mad dogs unleashed to avenge what they thought as a gross violations. So, these teenagers fed with these videos for 12 months could not wait to liberate and  attack the hotels whom they believed Somali women and others were abused . One of the kids who survived was shocked that he never seen any foreigner or even women  in these hotels. 

What I am saying is that these  security issues mixed with business interest of the  Mogadishu oligarchs can only be resolved by someone from these part of Somalia. Let him clean up as much as he can and pave the way for a better leadership for the future. Otherwise we could be debating couple of chapters of the constitution for another 24 months which will distract HSM from the main tasks like fighting Al-shbaab.

Farmaajo had assembled a capable army from Eritrea which is even much better from those who are trained Turkey, for his second term he could have done a lot, yet he was sidelined by C/laahi Dani and company. I understand that Puntland is trying to balance the unfettered power of HSM, but some of these changes will be good for the next president, besides I am someone who believes that there is more dictatorship within the regional states that the federal government.

A billion Chinese with one leader and these Somali nomads want 6 presidents for 15 million people and the debate is going for 33 years. Give me a break.

Arafaat   
5 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

So why oppose SL independence of u believe bunkerka waxba lalama wadaagi karo or is it just pure xaasidnimo . It’s oke for puntland to have nothing to do with Mogadishu but u force hargeisa to be under Mogadishu 

Puntland’s objections are based on rational political calculations, and it seems to have actual political wants it desires to achieve. Just Look at their press statement, look at their spokesperson and press conference and compare that with Somalilands.

Where Somaliland on the other hand has been repeating the same emotional rhetoric and rants for the last three decades, further fueled by wa la na ‘xumeeyay’ iyo wa la ii ‘xaasidiyaa’. Just look at your own post, you see something you don’t understand and jump to the usual emotional suspicion, instead of making an actual rational analysis of what is going on and come with political directions or pathways that supersede the usual elementary egotistic instincts of, ‘wa go’ay’, ‘wa baxay’, ‘wa ka fiicanahay’, ‘wa ka duwanahay’. 

I am sure if Puntland folks were in the position of where Somaliland is, they would have already gained recognition a longtime ago, as they know how to play the political game.

5 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

What I never understood if those in Mogadishu are opposed to federalism. Why on earth accept it in 2003 back in Eldoret almost 21 years ago . Why u accept something if ur not willing to implement or support it . Maxay dadka u daalinayan

Puntland played the game quite well, they managed to convince Somali’s to adopt federalism two decades ago way before others to only realize now what they actually have subscribed to. That’s politics, mon ami. 

48 minutes ago, Arafaat said:

Puntland’s objections are based on rational political calculations, and it seems to have actual political wants it desires to achieve. Just Look at their press statement, look at their spokesperson and press conference and compare that with Somalilands.

Where Somaliland on the other hand has been repeating the same emotional rhetoric and rants for the last three decades, further fueled by wa la na ‘xumeeyay’ iyo wa la ii ‘xaasidiyaa’. Just look at your own post, you see something you don’t understand and jump to the usual emotional suspicion, instead of making an actual rational analysis of what is going on and come with political directions or pathways that supersede the usual elementary egotistic instincts of, ‘wa go’ay’, ‘wa baxay’, ‘wa ka fiicanahay’, ‘wa ka duwanahay’. 

I am sure if Puntland folks were in the position of where Somaliland is, they would have already gained recognition a longtime ago, as they know how to play the political game.

Puntland played the game quite well, they managed to convince Somali’s to adopt federalism two decades ago way before others to only realize now what they actually have subscribed to. That’s politics, mon ami. 

I never said or I never insunated. Or  compared somaliland with puntland . Where puntland doesn’t want independence they all doing this to get something out of Mogadishu. My point was to point maakhiri point of view he sticks to the point that somaliland at all cost must comme under Mogadishu, but believes puntland has the right to  remove it self from Mogadishu. That was my point not to compare sl with the clan enclave with garowe.

having said that. Somaliland claiming the successor state of 1960 is correct sl  recognition is being denyed by politics. Not because of legality. Somaliland will get there all struggles. Take long bad we are willing to go the long path to achieve our goals and kill what’s self of the cancerous union with the bunker. All cards are on the table . I mean how do u get recognition from the parent country as international law states. When the parent state wasn’t even existing or in coma , or now when it recovering but refuse to sign the papers . Well we then. Go fight that paper govt with all we have 

galbeedi   
20 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Hamza is irrelevant now!

Well Che,

Before these changes, to fire the premier the president  had to spend millions of bribes to the members of parliament, and the premier had to fight to stay on. now he will be working for the pleasure of the president. Also, it will be ugly for the preside to fire the premier like his shop keeper. Changes should only happen after the failure or inability of the government to achieve its goals.

10 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Well Che,

Before these changes, to fire the premier the president  had to spend millions of bribes to the members of parliament, and the premier had to fight to stay on. now he will be working for the pleasure of the president. Also, it will be ugly for the preside to fire the premier like his shop keeper. Changes should only happen after the failure or inability of the government to achieve its goals.

Everyone agrees the constitution needed changes. Even Deni and Farmaajo would welcome it if they were in the driving seat.

My worry is the concentration of power in one man.

How come then he pursuaded the entire parliament to dance to his tunes or are u saying he bought them all also farmaajo and deni mps and sheikh dalxiis mps 

lixda qodob ee laga badalay dastuurka.

1.ra’iisul wasaare uu eryi karo madaxweynaha markii uu doono (benefits HSM)

2. Maamul goboleedyada in ay dhigaan doorosho qof iyo cod ah kadibna dowlada federalka dorosho qof iyo cod ah dhigto (benefits HSM for term extension and to play chicken and egg scenario)

3. tiro xisbiyo kooban (HSM pary iyo malxiisyo pary, Hamsa Party and so on)

4. gudiga doorooshooyinka: 18 xubnood waxaa soo wada dooranaya FG, dowlad goboleed shaqo kuma leh (Benefits HSM)

5. Magaca xukunka dowlad goboleedyada:  hogaamiye baa loogu yeerin xukunka dowlad gobolada not president (benefits HSM, ani un baa president ah)

6.Mudo  xileedka : waxaa laga dhigay 5 sano (benefits HSM )

wadan aan lacag laheen, ciidan laheen, badadoodii iyo kharaadkoodii la boobayo, qaar goosteen, waa nasiib daro, in awoodii oo dhan hal qof oo kali tashade ah layskugu geeyo.

in constitition la badalo su aashu ma joogto, waa sidee loo badalin, xagee loo marin, iyo yay dani ugu jirin badalidaas, ma wadankoo dhan mise HSM. 

Deni was very smart. not only he invited HSM to garoowe oo aysan isku fiicneen in janauray  balse gogol buu dhigay, gogashiina wuxuu maamulkeeda ku wareejiyay HSM. Hasan kama faaiideeysan. International comunitiguna waxay u jeedaan wadada dheer ay puntland u soo martay, go aan keedii ahaa in ay aqoonsigii kala laabatay HSM iyo kooxdiisa.

HSM wadadii Farmaajo maray buu marin. Laba sano kahor, deni Farmaajo dabada dhulka ugu dhuftay, markii 1p1v aan lagu heshiin uu parmilamnkii mariyay, meeshay ku danbeeysay waan ogeen, hadana HSM dastuurkan uu qortay,parlimenka uun buu sharafta uga dhacay, ee wadadii oo kale buu marin. It will give Deni, more leverage and force to recognise in the next federal election.

the difference between Puntland iyo dowlad goboleedyada kale.

puntland waxaa loo dhisay in ay iyadu is dhisto somaliyana dhisto. Gobolada kale waxaa loo dhisay in xildhibaan un loo doonto afartii sanaba mar.

Illyria   
9 hours ago, galbeedi said:

President HSM has a known dysfunction both outside and inside Mogadishu. The Bajaaj driver who is from Unaka would tell you how public land were sold to oligarchs, how public streets are even closed so someone could build his illegal business, huge military camps are sold to his cronies and so on. Furthermore, he is probably the most openly tribalist president Somalia has even seen since independence.

He is waging a war against Al-shabaab, yet he appoints an army chief who is not only incompetent, but doesn't even venture outside the military headquarters. Frontline soldiers are demoralized by the way they are deployed and how constantly they are ambushed by Al-shabaab like a sitting duck.

Despite all of that he is the only president who is waging a real war against Al-shabaab. While the poor foot soldiers of Al-shabaab are from the Southwest countryside, from Jalalaqsi or Qoryooley, most of those who run Al-shbaab are from Northern Habro, few D block and HAG members,  but it's business enterprise is mostly managed by people from Galmudug, Mugadishu and few random Somalis based in Mogadishu. 

I do believe that HSM is probably the only president who has the means and the will to eliminate the scrooge of Al-shabaab, and that issue should be the most important issue. If this town of Mogadishu and southern Somalia founds the badly needed peace, Somalia could surpass easily within few years both Kenya and Ethiopia.

Pacifying Mogadishu isn't an easy job. We the diaspora blame the locals by saying that how dare they don't cooperate with authority and eliminate Al-shabaab, yet no nation on earth has even faced an enemy so deadly and willing ito inflict as many civilian casualty like Al-shbaab. People might talk about the so called ISIS, but no one is even close to Al-shbaab in terms money raised through extortion and intimidation. They are the richest extremists in the whole world.

I do believe that the people of Mogadishu are the most resilient among the Somalis. They have survived bombing, stabling, killing and all the evil that is Al-shbaab. Yet they don't afraid anymore. They see finally a light under the tunnel.

In terms of the constitution, I agree consultation is the right way to do it, yet the committees that were founded for the last 12 years haven't moved an inch. There was a parliamentary and professional committees organized by the Farmaajo regime in 2018. They were all squabbling how to get the money Norway was paying to fix and amend the constitution with zero results. Furthermore, there is no money to drag this for years to come while major security, international and domestic files are needed urgently. These Puntlanders knew that HSM was corrupt in terms of his oligarchs, yet they waged a hell bent campaign against Farmaajo presenting him like modern day Siyaad Barre Allah Ha u Nazariistee.

You can't just play with fire and expect the house to survive. Wakhtigu wuu is gurayaa, the threat to this nation is so great, I can't imagine it is still standing.

Let me tell you a little story:

We are all shocked about Al-shbaab young men who storm hotels, kill as many as possible and later killed and their bodies laying on the ground. You ask yourself, how could the leaders convinced these kids to kill their own people and die there like cannon fodders?  this is  something bigger than the Somali nomad who can't even fix a bicycle let alone build explosive belts and latest videos with the most modern equipment.

THese young men are recruited from the countryside who are barely teenagers and are locked in special camp with modern interactive video of indoctrination. They are shown photoshopped pictures, videos and other materials for one years. Most of  Mogadishu hotels are depicted in these  videos  like a place where Somali women are raped by foreigners including white and black men, with rampant alcohol and drugs shown openly and so on. Combined with videos from west bank and Gaza, Afghanistan or other places where videos show slaughter of civilians and other collateral damages. 

If you remember, the Iraqi ISIS were founded by men who were raped and exposed in Abu Ghraib and other prisons in Iraq. They were like mad dogs unleashed to avenge what they thought as a gross violations. So, these teenagers fed with these videos for 12 months could not wait to liberate and  attack the hotels whom they believed Somali women and others were abused . One of the kids who survived was shocked that he never seen any foreigner or even women  in these hotels. 

What I am saying is that these  security issues mixed with business interest of the  Mogadishu oligarchs can only be resolved by someone from these part of Somalia. Let him clean up as much as he can and pave the way for a better leadership for the future. Otherwise we could be debating couple of chapters of the constitution for another 24 months which will distract HSM from the main tasks like fighting Al-shbaab.

Farmaajo had assembled a capable army from Eritrea which is even much better from those who are trained Turkey, for his second term he could have done a lot, yet he was sidelined by C/laahi Dani and company. I understand that Puntland is trying to balance the unfettered power of HSM, but some of these changes will be good for the next president, besides I am someone who believes that there is more dictatorship within the regional states that the federal government.

A billion Chinese with one leader and these Somali nomads want 6 presidents for 15 million people and the debate is going for 33 years. Give me a break.

Boowe ku mahadsanid laba-dhaclaynta, hogatusaalaynta, iyo xogaha, but you did not answer my simple question; if you could try it one more time, and this time do bear in mind I am fully briefed as to the ills and inner goings of Somali politics. Now, try one more time. And one more thing, boowe aashaa hadal, hana gadoodin!

3 hours ago, Qurac&qansax said:

the difference between Puntland iyo dowlad goboleedyada kale.

puntland waxaa loo dhisay in ay iyadu is dhisto somaliyana dhisto. Gobolada kale waxaa loo dhisay in xildhibaan un loo doonto afartii sanaba mar.

Faanka badan iska yaree. It is just another dusty deegaan, even more dusty than the rest. Waxa yar laga dhisay Gatoowe iyo Boosaaso, including garoomada, hay'addo iyo deeq lagu dhisay. They are still using jidadkee dowladii Kacaanka dhistay isku xiro degmooyinka, plus that Boosaaso dekad dowladii Kacaanka dhistay.

Back to Deni wajimacbuus: Xasan waxaa soo saartay Deni iyo xulufadiisa. Iyagaa ugu shubay codadkooda, pleasing Imaaraadka. He knew Xasan, this Xasan is the same one he worked with in 2013-2017. Marka he deserves whatever Xasan is giving him.

MMA saaxiib maxaa dhacay, maantay dadkii cudurkii puntland laga gubi jiray sidoodii baad u hadlaysaa. laba qodob oo ay markasta ka siman yihiin baad soo qaadatay, Waa mida faan ka iyo mida deegaan dusty ah bay degan yihiin.

it is not faan, ee puntland and it is people was always there to protect the qaranaminoda soomalia, i can give you multple example, but not now.

waxaad tiri "waxa yar ee laga dhisay Garoowe iyo boosaaso, oo hayado iyo deeq lagu dhisay" walaal wanaaga puntland iyo waxay qabsatay ilaahay muxuu kuu tusi waayay, sida Dekada Garacad. xagee ku aragtay, iska daa somaliya ee Afrika inteeda kale community iskood wax u qabso dakad ku dhistay. Ma kacaan kii baa u dhisay, mise hayado. 

waa runtaa xasan iyagaa soosaaray, maantana iyagaa ka qaadi kara. waxay ku soo saareen, danta dalkaa ku jirtay, maantana danta dalka ayaan ku jirin in xasan sii joogo. waa sababta saaxiibkaa farmaajo oo aad ogeed sidii ay u soo dhaweeyeen markii uu madaxweeyen noqqday iyo sidii uu ugu abaal guday aad ogtahay uu maantay garoowe taagan yahay, muxuu u aadi waayay qoorqoor ama laftagreen oo ay saaxiibo ahaayeen ee uu dani u aaday.

Samafal   
4 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Faanka badan iska yaree. It is just another dusty deegaan, even more dusty than the rest. Waxa yar laga dhisay Gatoowe iyo Boosaaso, including garoomada, hay'addo iyo deeq lagu dhisay. They are still using jidadkee dowladii Kacaanka dhistay isku xiro degmooyinka, plus that Boosaaso dekad dowladii Kacaanka dhistay.

Back to Deni wajimacbuus: Xasan waxaa soo saartay Deni iyo xulufadiisa. Iyagaa ugu shubay codadkooda, pleasing Imaaraadka. He knew Xasan, this Xasan is the same one he worked with in 2013-2017. Marka he deserves whatever Xasan is giving him.

But with all it's dustiness it has never been the curse of Somalia where famine, Tuugsi and displacement of millions happens every few years. Even more with all it's dustiness it hosts thousands of your lot who live and so happy to live in it's IDPs. So before you talk you need to know where you are from.