Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Hargeisa of 1991

Lois,

We both have same thing in mind but different ways to implement it. No major difference in reality.

Those who subscribe to the notion of "unity" think that it is better good or bad to be part of Somalia.

Whereas those of us that support Somaliland argue that we shouldn't repeat the same mistakes as we did yesterday. Qof mu'min ah laba jeer god lagama wada qaniino.

So far, our position is vindicated by the peace and prosperiety and the relative progress towards democractic endeavours that seperates Somaliland from the rest. Its something you and I agree to support and advance further.

An old Somali proverb goes: Midho guntiga kuugu jira, midho guud saaran looma daadiyo. I hope you understand the meaning of that proverb.

Anyways good to discussing with you. Hopefully we will exchange more in this medium.

I think enough have been said ,,,,,,,,, hadalka lama badiyo.

Displaying the Hargeisa's tragedy doesn't mean creating problems with Somalia.

^ ma rabo inaan noqdo islaanta ganbada ku dhux tuurtay laba islaamood oo kale oo is daliya ka dib tidhi car yaa iga taabtay...... markaas dagaalka dhinaceeda ka gashay :D

but personally im with Lois Lane on this one.. i too am from North-west somalia....and hope one day unity is restored to our great country....... while we did suffer back in the early 90's we were not alone........ suldaanka at least niyadaad wanaaga baa ku jirta if you wish our southern brothers well.

but truth there are money people from norhtern regions who would prefer unity given the chance

Ilaahay dhamaanteen wadada wanaagsan hanagu toosiyo.

I know there are people in Somaliland who prefer the unity ,,,, it was only 97% remember ??

I think everybody would love to be with Somalia only if Somalia is stable ,,, but to unite with a chaos ,,, HELL NO

Soomaali mar uun way isu iman doontaa Insha Allah but this is not the right time ,,,

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

^ ma rabo inaan noqdo islaanta ganbada ku dhux tuurtay laba islaamood oo kale oo is daliya ka dib tidhi car yaa iga taabtay...... markaas dagaalka dhinaceeda ka gashay
:D

but personally im with Lois Lane on this one.. i too am from North-west somalia....and hope one day unity is restored to our great country....... while we did suffer back in the early 90's we were not alone........ suldaanka at least niyadaad wanaaga baa ku jirta if you wish our southern brothers well.

but truth there are money people from norhtern regions who would prefer unity given the chance

Ilaahay dhamaanteen wadada wanaagsan hanagu toosiyo.

I don't think there is any Somalilander who rejoices what is going on in Mogadishu or the South. Some people used to bring up Faysal Cali Waraabe's comments 7 years ago which were taken out of context as an example. But as Faysal himself explained several times to Mogadishu based Radio Stations, he never meant his comments as the "naysayers" and "anti-Somaliland" neo-nationalists put it.

Again my friend, Somalilanders wish peace and prosperiety for the South and specialy for the much suffered peoples of Banadir region.

Gabbal   

Suldaanka, do you know any who has photos of Hargeisa after the Ethiopian shelling in the late 70's, early 80's?

Gabbal   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

I remember that time ,, those shelling was nothing comparing to what the SOMALI GOVERNMENT done to the city.

Were you present in the city during both episodes JB? What is your personal testimony?

Faynuus   

Waxaa la yiri ma ciil sokeeyaad qabtaa mise cidi hoosteed baa lagaa hayaa. I know it is painful when the same goverment that was suppose to assure your safety bombards you instead. wax la ilaawi karo ma aha HOWEVER, we as Somalis must learn from our mistakes and UNITE for a greater somalia. If we can't foregive in this temporary world, how do we expect Allah to foregive us?

SOMALILANDERS don't be like the jews who after they were nearly wiped off, resorted to committing atrocities ever since instead. See what they do to Palestinians everyday? why am I comparing you wonder, becouse there are many people who are not for Somaliland's independance who hail from Somaliland. they are forced to except seperation from their Southern brothers, a good example is the RESPECTFUL LADY LOUIS LANE.

Soomaliya soomaali baa leh.

Jacaylka

Waar ninyow waagii Caasha-waal Hargeisa wareerisayna ma noolayd? :D

intaas ayaa meel lagu jabay soo jiqiloweyneede

ilaahay ku jecela muxu jiray arwaaxaga icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Suldaanka, do you know any who has photos of Hargeisa after the Ethiopian shelling in the late 70's, early 80's?

I don't really recall how I happened to get a copy of a Newsweek magazine, but when I was in junior school, I remember reading a detailed report about the 1977 war. In one of the pages there was this big picture of one of Hargeisa's famous sha'abka area burning. That is about the only photo I saw unfortunately.

I think if you can look into the picture archives of the major newspapers or magazines you might be able to find that picture or similar one.