Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

President Yusuf meets Ghadafi of Libya...

Madaxweyne C/laahi Yuusuf oo kulan la qaatay Hoggaamiyaha Dalka Liibiya

le_somalipre.gif

Talaado, May 09, 2006 (HOL): Madaxweynaha Dowladda Federaalka Soomaaliya, Mudane:C/llaahi Yuusuf Axmed iyo Wafdi uu hogaaminayo oo isniintii gaaray Wadanka Liibya ayaa kulan la qaatay Hoggaamiyaha Dalka Liibiya Col. Mucamar Al-Qadaafi.

Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya ayaa intii uu kulanka la lahaa Hoggaamiyaha Liibiya wuxuu uga warbixiyay xaaladda Soomaaliya, isagoo ugu baaqay Col. Qadaafi in uu ku lug yeesho geedi socodka loogu jiro nabadeynta Soomaaliya.

Madaxweyne Yuusuf sidoo kale wuxuu u sheegay Dhiggiisa dalka Liibiya in Golaha Dowladda Federaalka ay haatan ku wada sugan yihiin magaalada Baydhabo, halkaasi oo ay dowladda Federaalka howlaheeda ku sii wadato.

Madaxweyne C/llaahi Yuusuf iyo wafdigiisa markii uu gaarya Liibiya waxaa ku soo dhaweeyey gegida diyaaradaha dalka Liibya madax sare oo ka tirsan Xukuumadda Liibya oo u ka mid yahay Wasiirka arimaha Africa u qaabilsan Liibiya Al-sayid Cali C/salaam Tareki, Mustafa Kharoobi iyo madax kale oo waa weyn. Waxaa kale oo soo dhaweeyay Safiirka Soomaaliya ee Liibya Dr. Maxamed Xuseen Ilka-Dahab iyo weliba qunsulka Soomaaliya u fadhiya Liibiya C/casiis Maxamed Ciise.

Madaxweynaha ayaa loo soo dhaweeyey si heer Qaran ah, iyadoo imaatinka madaxweynaha ka hor magaalada Tripoli wadooyinkeeda lagu arkayey Calanka Soomaliya oo ka babanayay. Madaxweyne Yuusuf iyo wafdigiisa oo ka kooban todobo xubnood waxaa ka mid ah Xaaskiisa Marwo Xaawo Cabdi Samatar iyo Wasiiru-dowlaha xafiiska madaxweynaha Dr. Khaalid Cumar Cali iyo xubno kale.

Madaxweynaha oo aanan la ogeyn inta uu joogayo dalka Liibya ee uu casuumada ku yimid Madaxweynaha iyo wafdigiisa oo degen Funduq Kabiir oo ku yaala faras magaalaha Caasimada Tripoli ayaan waxaan arkayey Jaaliyada Soomaaliyeed ee ku nool Dalka Liibya oo isu qaban qaabineyso sidii ay ula kulmi lahaayeen madaxweynaha iyo wafdigiisa, inkastoo aan la ogeyn in uu la kulmi doono iyo in kale.

Saciid Axmed Cali Anteeno

Hiiraan Online, Tripoli Libya

saciidanteno@yahoo.com

Castro   

This SOB thinks he's Phileas Fogg. What in God's good name is he doing? Did he think he was "elected" so he could fly all over the place?

Abdillahi Yussuf needs to go pronto.

^^^ Comrad, calm down. This part of the fund rasing excercise. He will go back soon after a stop at Kampala and then Nairobi he should arrive at Baidoa..

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Castro:

This SOB thinks he's Phileas Fogg. What in God's good name is he doing? Did he think he was "elected" so he could fly all over the place?

Abdillahi Yussuf needs to go pronto.

LOL, LOL - I love the Fogg reference.

Castro   

General Dukeow, ninkani is fund raising to fatten his own bloody pockets. He wants to be another aabo Siyaad for it seems that is the only statesmanship he's ever known. I'm getting wearier by the day of his actions and even worse, his inactions.

Awoowe, the faith you have in Phileas Fogg is not substantiated by the facts on the ground.

Comrad, dont be rash, I see nothing to merit you geting you worked up. What must he do? Where will he get this power to do the actions you deem fit? Come on, a bankrupt nation without a central governemnt for 15 years, unable to access even its own capital. Faced with incompetence from within and external threats.

Consider this, the TFG in one and half years is united, has a home in an important region, Bay, has around 5000-7000 troops under training, 200 or so graduated police officers , international support is grwoing. We have not had the money nor the arms embargo lifted and yet the TFG is building a strong millitary capability.

Comrad, I believe that it will take time, be patiant. Baidoa is the route to Mogadishu and to peace.

If you have specific points then by all means fowrad them...

Castro   

Yes. First, how transparent is all this fundraising? Can we see the books? Funds raised so far and how they were spent? Second, what, if anything, will the government do to stave off the looming disaster in Muqdisho? Third, how long will this "transitional" phase continue? Is it indefinite? What sort of dates are we looking at for the Permanent Federal Government (the PFG)?

My frustration was the source of the outbursts above. I'm stunned the president would travel this much, this early in the "presidency". I mean fund raising or not, all this travel is costing millions awoowe.

Yes. First, how transparent is all this fundraising?

Quite transparent, but so far the TFG has had many pledges but not much delivered. For example the Arab League promised $26.0 million, they have paid zilch. The many that has been delivered has been spent on recruitment and cost of housing the officials. The priorities of the executive, is to spend the money on the new armed forces in order to give itself a chance. But as it does not control a single sea or air port and does not collect taxes, money from the outside world is vital.

what, if anything, will the government do to stave off the looming disaster in Muqdisho?

Its main aim should be to avoid getting entangled in this quagmire. It is detaching itself from the warlords in the alliance, by sacking them [ no confidence motion already in place] from the cabinet and to lobby their clans to replace them in the parliament with other more suitable. It has taken the above steps with the aim of isolating the warlords. There has been communication between the TFG and the courts and this has been so far positive.

Third, how long will this "transitional" phase continue? Is it indefinite?

The government term is five years, after this period there will be new elections with the view of creating the first Federal Government. The date should be October 2009 for the new election. The remaining three and half years will be spent on improving security as well as building the institutions for the future government to inherit.

If you look closer at what is happening, there is much to be optimistic about. The fact that the Parliament is together, the training of the police and armed forces, the opening up of diplomatic offices, for example in China, and the Arab and African nations. The fact that the government is not engaed in battling any clan and region and has stood up to demands of personalities such as Qaynyare, Mohamed Dheere and the like. For the above reason the future bodes well.

There are a number of problems and players; internally we have a weak and often confused Prime minister, warlord ministers and a number of incompetent officials. Externally the US and its war on terror is putting unwanted pressure on the TFG, the campaign by many clan based organisations in the Diaspora bent on propagating a false hoods in order to gain some elusive advantage, Somaliland, Puntland and even Mogadishu clan groups are all working over time to keep the status quo going. The two faced Ethiopians present a clear and present danger.

As for the old mans travel, it was for medical reasons which kept him the UK and then the community that exercised their right and demanded an audiance with him. He met close to 600 individuals in London. Then he went to Sweden and now at the request of Ghadafi he finds himself in Libya..

One more thing, the money for travel is either coming from countries that invite the president, his own or the Un's poltical office in Somalia which sets aside a some money fro travel use by the TFG in its effort to bring Somalia back into the international community.

Castro   

I hope the two of you are right. Three and half years is short enough to find out if any of this is true. And you will have to excuse me if I remain skeptical of Abdillahi Yuusuf and his TFG until then. They really have very little to show so far, despite good General Duke's best effort to highlight, what he believes to be, progress being made on the ground.

^^^ You have right to be critical, as we have had many failures in the past. All I say is ;ets not lose hope, this is after all our country.Yusuf will go and so will all these old men but the nation and its people will remain.

Generalle, let me know when the TFG army is going to bring a sense of law and order in the south, especially Kismayo where good HornAfriik is busy reporting its looming regional admin :D .

^^^ The issue of Mogadishu is paramount, Kismayu is not more difficult than Jowhar or Beledweyne. As for the administration, the JVA are a small part of that equation... They will toe the line eventually and we should not waste too much time on that issue..

Gabbal   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Generalle, let me know when the TFG army is going to bring a sense of law and order in the south, especially Kismayo where good HornAfriik is busy reporting its looming regional admin
:D

HornAfrique, good Xiin.