Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Am I going to be bald? Yikes

blog300610_naomi-campbell.jpg

naomishairline.jpg

The 40-year-old has been wearing straight hair extensions for years, but it turns out all those glues and chemicals have really messed up her natural curly hair underneath.

"It looks like traction alopecia, hair loss caused by the use of extensions," a hair expert from the Institute of Trichologists tells The Daily Mail.

"It is very common in people who wear braids and tight buns, as well as extensions."

Source

Tight buns? Braids? Really? Does that mean I'm going to be bald since 90% of the day my hair is in a tight bun? And I used to braid it a lot a couple of years ago.

Anyway, hopefully people would stop putting all these crazy chemicals into their hair.

An interesting take on it

Ibtisam   

I cannot stand black women with fake hair. I feel like they are hating on being black. I mean like their own hair is not good enough or they have some complexity about what good hair entails.

so ha ka so daceyin, so dadata, they don't deserve it anyway. Belayo loo ma yeedo, black people have some much more and better volume hair than caadan people, then they cover it up for horse hair or virgin indian hair. shid.

Juxa   

braiding hair is most painful thing in the world, as a child i had my hair braided (the usual somali labo-galan thing), which i completely hated

now iska dhaaf braiding eh, i dont even do tight-bun

Blessed   

I think her problem is all the weaves, gluing and threading she been wearing since errm.. forever. I've never seen Naomi with natural hair?

I thought braiding helped hair grow. I really like natural looks like braids, twists and curls.. all I'm told are bad for your hair baryahan?