Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

A call for the creation of a Juba federal state..to make peace

A Juba federal state of Somalia, which will be made up of Gedo, Lower & Middle Juba.

Capital Kismayu.

Power sharing like this, the President will be from Gedo....

The Vice President will be from Afmadow- THIS CAN BE ROTATED

The other post of the executive will go to other clans of the region and not to the above mentioned two. A cabinet of say no more than 6.

A parliment of 40, 10 from every state. A reserved 10 for minority clans [those without guns]

The Mayour of Kimsayu will be from, Morgans clan.

Coloow   

Smith bro,

Gedo and Lower juba have nothing in common. Gedo borders Middle jubba, bay and bakool.

Lower Jubba and lower shabeele (with the HQ at Barawe/Jilib) would make the richest "state" in somalia. An appropiate name would be the coastal state.

Afmadow, Buaale, Saakow should be incorporated in the mid west state (bay, Bakool and gedo)

We shouldn't allow tribalism and the thugs to redraw the borders of regions in somalia.

Gabbal   

Lower Jubba and lower shabeele
(with the HQ at Barawe/Jilib) would make the richest "state" in somalia. An appropiate name would be the
coastal state

Afmadow, Buaale, Saakow should be incorporated
in the mid west state (bay, Bakool and gedo)

You do know that the Lower Jubba and the Lower Shabeele do not share a border right? So if those cities were to be incorporated into a "Midwest state", how would it be possible to have a "state" consisting of two regions (L.J/L.S) that do not share a border and are not connected? It seems as though you are redrawing the maps.

somalia.jpg

Second, I think a "Jubbaland State" is conceivable composed of Gedo and L/M Jubba ((not in the way Smith described it :D ), primarily because the Jubba does only go through those regions, that share a border,they are the only regions to share a border with Kenya, and the access to sea for land-locked states would be balanced

I think there should be 7 states, plus the seperate District of Banadir, in the Somali Republic.

1. Jubbaland State consisting of Gedo, Lower/Middle Jubba with the main port at Kismayo.

2. Southern State consisting of Bakool,Bay, and Lower Shabeele with the main port at Marka.

3. South Central State consisting of Hiiraan and Middle Shabeele with the main port at Cadale.

4. Central State consisting of Galgaduud and Mudug with the main port at Hobyo.

5. Northeastern State consisting of Nugaal and Bari with the main port at Boosaaso.

6. Northern State consisting of Sool,Sanaag, and Togdheer with the main port at Maydh.

7. Northwestern State consisting of Waqoyi Galbeed, Saaxil, and Awdal with the main port at Berbera.

The 7 states of the Somali Republic.

Coloow   

Smith, bro

Tell me how a resident of doolow, Luuq, Buulo xaawo etc could be ruled from Kismanyo and not Baydhabo?

Jubadda Dhexe is geographically proximate to shabeelada dhexe than the central part of Gedo--don't you agree?

I think the southern part of somalia should be divided in four main states:

Puntland, - The capital would be Bosaso

Midland (Galgaduud to balcad). The capital_ Beledweyne

Coastal state (Merca to Kismayo) The capital Jilib

Southwestern (Half of middle jubba, Gedo, Bay bakool). The capital Baydhabo

Xamar (Banadir) should be accorded special status.

Gabbal   

^^^I guess you didn't understand my point redface.gif

Caaqil it seems as though qabyaalad is working under your post, which is making you to redraw the maps.

Coloow   

Horn of africa,

(I wrote smith thinking he was the one who quoted me) smile.gif

Blv me bro, there is no qabyaalad (on the contrary, I think the person who contempletes a gedo-jubba alliance is the one who thoughts are coloured by qabyaalism).

The jubba hoose and shabeelada hoose have geographic proximity,, But I fail to see how Doolow, Luuq, Beledxaawo, bardheere etc could be adminstered from Kismayo.

Such a thought is only valid if one departs from the qabyaalad-qurun thesis.

My suggestion has alot to do with geography and is based on the premises of NOT rewarding tribally induced war bounties!

Caqil,

Thanks for your response,

Brother there is already two states in Somalia.. Puntland and Somaliland, with minor issue of SOOL and SANAG, each has its capital, parliment and formal structure.

Now I agree totally with the Midland, central state..Capital either Jowhar or Bledweyne. Southern Mudug, Galgaduud, Hiiraan, Middle Shabbele etc.

Banadir with the Capitla Mogadishu should have special status.

The south is where the dilema lies, should there be a Southwestern state as the RRA envisaged or should there be two states?

1)Puntland State

2}Somaliland state

3)Central/Midland State

4)Southern state- one or two states

....Banadir and Bajuni Island special status.

This is the best formula, each state will have good population size, natural assets, economic centres.

Coloow   

Smithwestern bro,

You are right. The problem as well as the solution to the somali problem lies in the south.

With Allah's help, the so called peace process in Kenya might help southerners (puntland included) form a broad form of government. When that is done and the somalis forget about previous atrocities (and forgive each other), somaliland would come banging on the doorsteps. I think we should give some time to think to our brothers in somaliland. If, and when somalia becomes an economic might and prospers, the whole world (including somaliland) would want to join them.

Who wouldn't want to be part of a progressive nation`? A natíon that has learnt from past mistakes).

The goodness with the federal system is that power would be centralised and there would be a stiff competition between the states. The southern regions of Shabeele/Jubba have the upper hand in terms of agriculture (a sector we should support with subsidies as the EU-does), the midlands and Puntland have the entrepreneurial spirit.

There is of course the obstacle of "warlordism" mentality. The people have gone through such horror that creating trust would be difficulty- we have the warlords who would lose come peace.

Since, war and destruction has failed us, I blv a better strategy to offset warlordism is the carrot. Any future somali government should find mechanisms to get people into work!

Gabbal   

two states in Somalia.. Puntland and Somaliland

Currently there are "Puntland" and "Somaliland" states in lieu of a stateless Somalia.

If there are states being decided for the federal government, I think the majority ;) of Somalis would object to established "Puntland"/"Somaliland" states as it was not collectively they were decided but partially by the people that reside there.

Imagine if every clan/sub-clan wanted a state? :rolleyes:

wareer badanaa <----- have to thank feebaro for this redface.gif

Puntland and Somaliland are going no where dear Horn. Rememebr the United States of America did not have 52 states created all at once.

They evolved, so the southern states problem have to be addessed rather than destroy what already works.

In the case of Puntland all that nees to be done is to strengthen its institutions, Police, health, education and help bring about a greater economic development. Puntland is joining the new federal formula.

The case of Somaliland there needs to be open dialogue, to bring it into the new union.

Gabbal   

They evolved

So why are you and were you more then eager enough to decide what states, the current regions, should be part of? redface.gif

So why are you and were you more then eager enough to decide what states, the current regions, should be part of?

It was a suggestion for the Juba regions to evolve out of conflict thats all. ;)

Rahima   

Mudug should be separated into Lower and Upper Mudug, probably by making the dividing line right through Gaalkacyo.

The people of this region can never seem to agree upon anything (probably why most of the troublemakers call it home); therefore asking them to collectively govern a state is to warrant disaster.

Aside from that adjustment, I personally feel that HA division would best suit our people.