Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

supreme definition of a political tribalist

Fabregas   

In politics, the supreme definition of tribalism consists of demanding the formation of so-called independent republics which in fact have a tribal basis; failing this, tribalists demand " federation with regional autonomy" with the distribution of political and adminstrative power following tribal lines.

Source: The State in Africa: the politics of the belly. Jean-Francois Bayrait, p43.

Abtigiis   

So you are literally saying JB is a tribalist. Brofosorre, balaayaad dhigtay. Infact, I read the politics of the belly but never remember what was in there.

Fabregas   

Dont make beef between me and JB warya. I was reading this book and I thought it was an interesting definition? what do you think?

p.s. the it is crap book

Abtigiis   

Dear Brofossore,

I think the book is full of generalisations such as the excerpts you posted.

Ngonge

Fight for your copy right. Kids are wasting it everywhere. You can't invent a dealy weapon and leave it at the hands of infants. At least you should have written "keep out of the reach of children" on it.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by B_G:

^^ u gone krazy 2day? Ngonge?
:D

BG

Read again and tell me if you still think Ngonge's 'stuff and Nonesense' should end up in the hands of dangerous kids. Of course, I don't expect the delinquent kid to understand the insiuations. His cranium needs to grow to decipher it.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by B_G:

In politics, the supreme definition of tribalism consists of demanding the formation of so-called independent republics which in fact have a tribal basis; failing this, tribalists demand " federation with regional autonomy" with the distribution of political and adminstrative power following tribal lines.

Source: The State in Africa: the politics of the belly. Jean-Francois Bayrait, p43.

Nothing new ya BG. Many a country has gone down that route previously. With regard to Somalia, have we ever known anything but tribal/regional autonomy (prior to the Barre era)? What many need to recognise is that Somalia has a better chance of working with a certain amount of regional autonomy. Are there any disadvantages?

NGONGE   

Far be it for me to claim the coining of that phrase but I just can't sit back and watch the Shakespeare fan of all people abusing it in such a way. Well, not unless he regards dried milk as some sort of nonsense. Arr reer puntland kibir badana, ma caana boorahay diidiin? icon_razz.gif

^^^ :D lol@Ngonge

Saaxiib, nin alwaax ah, ayaa caano booorihii umada soomaliyeed oo dhan u diidan. Show wuxuu mooday monopoly bahasha inuu ku heesto.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California