Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

The Official Opening of Burco's Second Bridge.

N.O.R.F   

Cara, the money was raised through people in the diaspora. When you see what you paid for (however small in comparison to others) its all the more enjoyable.

u_2d_2007-2-7-8-56-54f_P2070438.JPG

Traffic will no longer come to a stand still when it rains buckets. :cool:

Sky   

Northerner,

Congrats on the project you participated in for Burco Boodhweyne. How long did the implementation of this project take and how much money was involved?

I like the street lighting.

Lake   

The bridge is a little too short from the ....But I'm still happy for them.

They need to really work on the Roads to Bebera--To Hairgesa...To Erigavo.

Jaylaani   

Financed, Engineered and built by SOMALILANDERS without a single dollar from elsewhere. Now that is determination.

The HARGEISA’s second bridge is about to take off as well.

The Burco airport is about to be finished too…

Next, Somalilanders need to focus on Berbera airport. The run ways are great but there is no terminal. I was very disappointed. That airport need to be invested in.

Castro,

The road between Burco and Berbera is repaired. There are some water damages in the one between Hargeisa and Berbera. It has nothing to do with the Ethopian trucks. It is due to floods and lack bridges.

Tone,

You're 100% correct, therer is no raod between Ceergaabo and Burco. That need to be addressed.

Castro   

^ I'm talking about Berbera-Hargeisa. And yes, overloaded trucks heading to Ethiopia have something to do with it. Check your sources atheer. But I didn't ask that to lay any blame or take any swipes at Somaliland. Furthermore, roads are meant to be traveled on but putting limits on weights make them safer and last longer.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Castro:

^ I'm talking about Berbera-Hargeisa. And yes, overloaded trucks heading to Ethiopia have something to do with it. Check your sources atheer. But I didn't ask that to lay any blame or take any swipes at Somaliland. Furthermore, roads are meant to be traveled on but putting limits on weights make them safer and last longer.

Castro,

No need to check my resources. I was there 5 months ago. The damages are due to water damages and lack of bridges. Those trucks also travel from Hargeisa to Wajaale. That road has no visible damages because the Italians who built the highway construct water ways underneath. The road between Hargeisa and Berbera has no bridges and there are numerous of flooded rivers with no boundaries during the raining seasons.

However, I agree the oversize trucks don't help the condition of the road either.

Congrat to all Burcawis, this is indeed excellent work and great acheivement. the southerners should take this as an example and start rebuild as well.

Somalia ha noolaato! haysracdo! Cadawgeed hajabo!

Fanisha   

Congrat to Reer Burco for their hard work! way to go :cool:

Jaylaani,

Anaa indhaheyga ku arkey last January 30 trucks oo itoopia u socda oo ka soo dagey dekada Barbara. Markaan locals ka waydiiyay waxay yiraahdeen waxaa jidka Hargeysa iyo barbara u dhexeeya dilley trucks ka Xamuulka u sida Xabashida.

Jidka Hargeysa iyo u dhexeeya Barbara waxaa burburiyey culeyska. Waa hubaal