Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Xamar-warlord media’s: shock anger @ the ARABS

Xoogsade   

Jumatatu, waa runtaa, consensus and reconciliation that means reconciliation is the way to go. A/Y was given the confidence and the vote as the president of Somalia, so he better be inclusive and talk to everyone, be friends with them instead of inviting unnecessary confrontations that serve no one. The man surely needs a speech-writer of some sort who expunges all nonsensical inflammatory rhetorics from his speeches. I am hoping A/Y gets good lataliyayaal who aren't emotional or self-centered, people who put country first and tribe distant 100th. He might succeed with the right people although I really doubt whoever he confides in will tell him what is best, but rather, I am afraid, in hopes of scoring big in his book, they tell him what makes him smile :D sheekadana hadhoow noqoto libaaxii inta dawacada neefkiiyoo dhan wada siisey cabsi darteed qosol la dhacay oo yiri: "Dawaco qeyb wanaagga waa taqaan" :D You can't trust somali polititians. They are out there for themselves. Dadkaa lagu salladey.

Two years of consensus and reconciliation we with the help of the outside world formed a government. The government is made up of every faction, cloan in the country. Every illiterate with a gun gained a position, they all contested an election and they all swore to work in the restoration of the country no matter the result.

While Juma and others are trying to be smart, it’s the warlord’s who are making difficult for Geedi, they resent Geedi’s position, they mock him and label him a traitor, when as we all know he is a saint compared to them.

It is Geedi who represents, Mogadishu more than any other, he was born, educated and worked there, it should be left to him as the PM and cabinet to decide what the government does, they [warlords] are in a minority, that’s why they are using Inda Cade and Mr Jihad to create further obstacles. No one is planning to destroy the capital, for Qaynyare, Suudi, and Ato are not the capital nor do they represent the good people of Mogadishu.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by General Duke:

It is Geedi who represents, Mogadishu more than any other, he was born, educated and worked there, it should be left to him as the PM and cabinet to decide what the government does,

It is this mentality that is hampering the whole process sxb.And furthermore it creates a reason of conflict among people and ofcourse it can only be created by Yeey cause his way of ruling is to create animosity among brethens...as once said ' god ha qodin, hadi aad qodiid na ha dhereyn, wa intaas aad ku dhacdiide..' .

Who is minority and majority here Duke how do you measure it? Or is it that all those who opposse 'adeer' Yeey are minority? Cajiib..!

It is this mentality that is hampering the whole process sxb.

Geedi is the PM, due to his position he must be respected, his and the cabinet’s decision are vital they are the executive branch of the government.

Indeed the PM needs the support of cabinet colleagues and every decision he has put before the cabinet. For example if 63 out of 73 support his decision then its final, no one minister, MP or speaker can come against this.

All we have to take is the example of PM Tony Blair his decisions are respected and implemented, regardless what Clair Short or Robin Cook thought. In this case Ato and Musa should resign and wait it out for who know what may happen tomorrow.

It’s the fact that we don’t respect the positions of power or that our Speaker, MP’s do not know their job description, it indeed takes time getting used to a new job.

Intel   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

You remind me Tom and Jerry

ahahah

Which is which OG… Tom the strong but thick and Jerry the weak but clever

OG_Girl   

:D @rokko, you want to put me in troubles don't you!!

Ok, let me put like this and ofcourse this is my own opinion. Adeero is damn smart but weak.. the other side are strong " in Mogadisho" but aqli dameer... icon_razz.gif They've been controling the capital over 14 years why they couldn't atlease create state like Somaliland! They kicked out o ther Somalis long time ago redface.gif

PS: I had to edit my post to avoid some troubles icon_razz.gif

Salam

POLITICAL LECTURES YOU GIVING JUMA IS TOO ADVANCED TOO COMPLICATED FOR HIM, THESE GUYS ARE ALLERGIC TO LAW AND ORDER

:D maybe, but its a duty to enlighten our brothers here.

when i see Juma and Gen.Duke converse...i need not wonder why Somalia is the way it is today

guys by looking at what positions you two stand regarding this government... i can deduce that is none other than tribe orientated reasons.

At the end of this month, Hopefully, we will know if the rival factions in this transitional government will work out their differences or continue their ill-advised policies of exclusion and hostility.

The government of the warlords, for the warlords, by the warlords was supposed to be inclusively compromising and consensus-building one.

Now, we all realized that is not the road pursued by all the opposing illiterate loonies in Nairobi hotels.

Warlord Yeey is ailing octogerian and unfit to lead a destroyed nation like Somalia and ironically the inexperienced young prime minister Ghedi is not capable to take his supposedly lead role as the government's pricipal executioner and put the ceremonial president in check.

Warlord Yeey needs to sit down and consult with his more powerful counter parts, namely the three buffoons, namely, Qanyare, Ato and yalahow. These three are the real power brokers now and are the ones who made the Arta process unsuccessful.

Indha-Cadde, though decisive and impressively effective to change the formula on the ground, is part of the "Sama bixinta" and can be contained like his other sidekick in Kismayo Hiiraale. These two allies are just auxiliary supporters of these big canons of Mogadishu and they could be reosoned. Both Merka and Kismayo are more peaceful than Xamar. Mohammed Dhere's threat and provocation is irrelevant.

If Warlord, Ina-Yeey, insists on his disastrous inflammatory rhetoric and policies, and if he remains captive to his Ethiopian benefactors, and ignore his somali populations will and call then, he should be sacked and sent back to Garoowe. there is nothing good of his deceptive leadership. he is a man of division and is still caught in early clannish days and if not confronted now could re-kindle worser clan animosities that would be more disastrous than the ones seen so far.

Let there be no more reconciliation peace conferences outside of Somalia for a while.

Mogadishu groups have to pacify the capital and get their marauding militias into those designated camps outside of the city as they illuded.

The Bay -RRA- group has to settle their differences and not use force or Ethiopian patronage to eliminate those who are not in tune with their SRRC strategy.

Let us not exonerate one warlord and blame the other for the inevitable failure of this whole Embagathi sham. It is going to be another false start and another illusive attemp just like the previous fourteen failed conferences.

What we need to work on is to establish peace and stability in Somalia for another year or two and make sure that all somali Sub-clans in conflict to engage each other peacefully inside Somalia and reach lasting peace accords.

After peace and stability returns and flourishes in the capital and other southern regions, with the formation of one functional Banadir administration in Xamar, after Ina Yeey give up the ghost in his home region, after the other warlord’s influence and tyranny dwindles to nothing and they all perish, let Somalis of good will and good intentions meet in Borame( it worked for somalilanders) or pick any other city and start forming a government of genuine reconciliation dominated by civil society members. Let us not crown one man as the president but have a Council of elders and intellectuals consisting all these peace loving Somali nationalists regardless of their clan. After a decade of that experiment, with a generation of skilled technocrats trained to lead the nation to the road of unity and prosperity, then we can have our nation back on its feet.

macaliuu

although your proposals seem irresistable...there are a lot of blockages to be overcome

i very much doubt ina Yeys government is going to succeed but the million dollar question is will Somalia ever reach peace in the next 10 years or so?

however i do have an hunch that tells me that somalia will be divided into 3 or more autonomus or maybe recogntion seeking states temporarly some even permanently in the next few years.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Ok, let me put like this and ofcourse this is my own opinion. Adeero is damn smart but weak.. the other side are strong " in Mogadisho" but aqli dameer...
icon_razz.gif
They've been controling the capital over 14 years why they couldn't atlease create state like Somaliland! They kicked out o ther Somalis long time ago

36_2_44.gif36_2_44.gif36_2_44.gif

macalimuu, some good points made indeed.

The PM and President and cabinet are all in tune, there are a few ex warlords who either will change their mind or be sacked from the cabinet, remember no one can sack an MP but ministers must support the decesions agreed upon even if its not to their liking.

Government must move to Jowhar and Badoa and send a team ministers and law makers to Mogadishu to work on bringing about a tangible change of security.

All money and resource must be channeled to the creation of the new army and security forces made up of all Somali clans and under the control of the government to bring to order in every corner of the country. Then the real job of reconstruction can start..

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by General Duke:

The PM and President and cabinet are all in tune, there are a few ex warlords who either will change their mind or be sacked from the cabinet, remember no one can sack an MP but ministers must support the decesions agreed upon even if its not to their liking.

People in SOL say that they see the animosity, hatred and mistrust among the Somali people in me and Duke. I dont blame them but it kind of puzzles me when they fail to understand it is a mentality of 'ana iska leh' that am encountering. I have no qualms with who is the president or either the pm but my opposition is the form of application which has gone wrong from day 1.

The above statement said by Duke and said many times by our PM says it all. It is the mentality and unorthodox behaviour of Yeey and were present in all the institution that he led. The behaviour or the desire to make decissions unilaterally.The failure to understand that this is a government of national reconciliation which needs the joint and common effort of all those involved. Singling out one,let alone a whole group, as an out cast will have a serious repercussion and lead to its disintigration.

Am not suprised at Duke because his sources are none other but those who are failing the process which had the hope of millions but are now witnessing its destruction by the very ones who were entrusted to make it work.

Will somebody also tell Duke that this government does not belong to Yeey,Geedi et al but also too Muse Sudi, Qanyare,Sharif , Atto et al. And unless Yeey and his handpicked PM come to realise this and the fact they should disregard outside influence that promises a total rule they will never rule a tiny village in Somalia let alone the whole country.

This is the core of my stance and opposition against the damaca walan oo Duke iyo 'adeeradiis'.

Hence my fellow Nomads if am wrong forgive me and correct me but if I have a reason then please forgive me for the distasteful language I have used in the past and intend to use in the future cause it is the language of communication I can interact with Duke and co.

:D

Juma

you have made some valid points... but the truth of the matter is that Yalaxow and co don't want a government( now i don't mean the innocent ppl of Mog)...you must be wondering why i say that first ...firstly they have far too much to lose i.e lucrative bussinesses and secondly they believe that Yey hails from a clan that they supposedly frred themselves from. Therefore they use clannish ideas such as lets not let the enemy back into our territory... to win the trust of the ppl.

Above all i believe that these men are of the same level but i don't think that their no.1 reason for opposing the government is because they care about Somalia or even their clan but because they will lose their luxurious lifestyles...and to be honest if i was in their position i would do anything in my power to destroy any form of law and order

And as for A/Y he does not care about Somalia but all he cares about is that he has the power and if he ain't on the top he doesn't support any government we just have to look at how he was against A/qasim's gov...

i would say lets call it quits and stop giving ppl false hopes