Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Girls Girls Girls

Blessed   

^^yeah, but at least she has the decency to dress modestly sis. It seems to me that she is thinking about it and you never know she could be working on it....

None of us are perfect sis. Whilst the hijab is visible and so more people comment on it.... there are many other tenets of Islam that we need to work on - some such as Iman, Aqeedah and prayer proceed the correct form of hijab in their importance.

P.S the general view of the Muslim man's dress has also been subjected to cultural interpretations. The most popular version being that of Asian / Arab customs...

NGONGE   

^^^^ Woow!

The moderators are out in force (or are they mistaking it for a Xijaab?)! Seems that I’ve caused a bit of a ruction amongst the womenfolk of this site. No harm intended. :rolleyes:

Of course, Ameeenah’s comments would carry more weight if she didn’t have that aviator. Vested interest methinks. icon_razz.gif

Blessed   

^^Waar maxaa ku haya? I've already agreed with ya on principle.

I said what I said in my last post because the sister was being harsh on some1 who clearly isn't here to defend herselve. Hijaab ain't the end it all of Islam, it's only a small part of it.

What is wrong with my avater? It's the masri style khimar...see my neck is covered... I look very prettymodest methinks (new word) :D

Ameenah sis thats why i didnt say anything to her. Who knows? She could be better than me and far more learned.

If u read my post u could see that i did not insult her or put her down.....i was just comparing her to the picture ngonge showed. It seems to me that it doesnt matter if someone is wearing the masar if they are not covered modestly....laakin on the other hand....... But thats my opinion..... smile.gif

let us nat call an Arab TOWEL-head or a Somali STONE-head :cool: but let us call OG_GIRL an XPERT icon_razz.gif , she beein da one n ONLY person here with the cuttin edge knowledge of Islam. i bet she NEVER dresses like 1 of those pictures presented by NGONGE, neither does she wear a GUCCI "masar" like Ameeenah or Aeryn sun:p

OG_Girl   

Allah Johhnny Naughty B, you just want to put me in trouble. I do wear my black cover summer and winter doesn't matter when tempture is 50c still I wear my Black cover out of my Arab culture , let not say Islam , cos I wear only black coloured Hijab and that is my culture :D

Johhny Naughty B, Stop teasing this poor girl ;)

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Allah Johhnny Naughty B, you just want to put me in trouble. I wear my Black cover out of my Arab culture , let not say Islam , cos I wear only black coloured Hijab and that is my culture
:D

OG_Girl Thanks for sheddin a light on this , somalis had ALWAYS problem differentiatin between the ARABIC culture n ISLAM :D . seems that ISLAM was delievered to the somalis as is without WARRANTY icon_razz.gif