Saalax

New Goojacade and Maraaga (third day war in Ceelafweyn town)

Saalax   

Dozens dead mainly on the East Burco community. Currently the Bohol community is fighting two fronts (One in Sanaag and one in Sool). The Sanaag one is decisive victory, dozens dead on the enemy side and prisoners captured.

image.thumb.png.db0323311d95cf171aac6560956df83b.png

I can't understand why this conflict keeps re-igniting.  I always thought it was the normal Somali clan conflict over grazing land, deegaan, or aano? Is there a bigger issue at play?

It should have been put to bed by now.

Saalax   
7 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

I can't understand why this conflict keeps re-igniting.  I always thought it was the normal Somali clan conflict over grazing land, deegaan, or aano? Is there a bigger issue at play?

Wa complicated conflict. 

Arafaat   
On 8/27/2023 at 4:05 PM, Che -Guevara said:

The Somali region is full of local conflicts, all are complicated, many have been simmering, some frozen and then you have the real open wounds such as Elafweyn, that have past the point of being able to cool it down and don’t need much to re-ignite it. And all have one thing in common, that they can’t be solved on their own or as a stand alone conflict, without addressing the wider underlying common and shared principles and social contract of, (urban/rural) communal/ individual rights, responsibilities, relationships, ownership of commons (land, resources, power). And this needs to be addressed on the level of the broader social contract that goes beyond individual localities, regions and clans, and can be only addressed on the broader level of Somali social contract.