Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The Tragedy Of the “Uncommons”: DECONSTRUCTING XINNFANIN’S INSIDIOUS ‘PACIFISM’

Fabregas   

^^ They do not mind peace in SOmalia, as one can see from their support for SL and PL. Infact, the truth is that the TPLF would prefer a peaceful Somalia, one preferably with access to Somali Ports and no threats against her state.

However, they are willing to destroy this peace and support anarchy in Somalia, in order that the group formerly known as Alitixaad, its various ofshoots, and allies, do not take power in Somalia. We can see this from how they actively sought to dismantle and prop up warlords against the transitional- TNG government,which they labeled as been sympathetic to terrorists, ie Alitixaad. It's bit like Uncle Sam policy: they want peace and stability in Somalia, but if some guyz with cimamads start shouting from SOmalia, then the peace will be disturbed( as we have so brutally seen).

NG, when the Somali center fell and the country descended into civil war Ethiopia was presented with a strategic leverage on a historical foe. Ever since that opportunity presented it self to her, Ethiopia has been taking advantage of the Somali divisions and mistrusts. There are tons of evidences one can back up that assertion. The issue is not whether Somalia’s political collapse benefits Ethiopia. That was never in question adeer. The issue is how Somalia can get out of this abyss she fell into! I believe Ethiopia will continue to frustrate any effort that can stabilize Somalia and return it to normalcy! If only our people thought that fact more aptly ,and strategize accordingly…

My suggestions and that of Baashis and like-minded folks here on SOL are low-key in concept. They don’t appeal to our cyber warriors, who in their comfort in the west want to achieve spectacular victories against Ethiopia and America by the backs of what truly is a tired shacb! Absence of their agreements, we asked them to come up with an alternative to what we have today, that can realistically move things to a positive direction. Try to make sense out of their answers adeer!

NG, when the Somali center fell and the country descended into civil war Ethiopia was presented with a strategic leverage on a historical foe. Ever since that opportunity presented it self to her, Ethiopia has been taking advantage of the Somali divisions and mistrusts. There are tons of evidences one can back up that assertion. The issue is not whether Somalia’s political collapse benefits Ethiopia. That was never in question adeer. The issue is how Somalia can get out of this abyss she fell into! I believe Ethiopia will continue to frustrate any effort that can stabilize Somalia and return it to normalcy! If only our people thought that fact more aptly ,and strategize accordingly…

My suggestions and that of Baashis and like-minded folks here on SOL are low-key in concept. They don’t appeal to our cyber warriors, who in their comfort in the west want to achieve spectacular victories against Ethiopia and America by the backs of what truly is a tired shacb! Absence of their agreements, we asked them to come up with an alternative to what we have today, that can realistically move things to a positive direction. Try to make sense out of their answers adeer!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

NG

They don’t appeal to our cyber warriors, who in their comfort in the west want to achieve spectacular victories against Ethiopia !

I'm afraid the tiresome and repetitive analogy of cyber-warmongers doesn't hold. Those who signed the Djibouti Deal live in the comfort of foreign hotels, whilst the majority of the Muqawama who do not want nothing to do with it are sacrificing their lives( on the ground). Are they wishing for war from the diaspora? Thus it's rather misleading to label the opposition to Sheikh Shariffs group and their conduct as irrational cyber warriors, simpletons and confused shabaabs. You make it sound like the opposition to the Djibouti agreement consists only of irrational- youth-warriors or diaspora warmongers, which far from the case, saxiib.

Now, you probably have a great( and moral )case against those that desire the war to be continued till the Xabashis are driven out, given the conditions that SOmalia finds herself in, and the mass suffering that is occuring to the shacab.

Suffice it to say tiredsome and repetitive references to people wishing for more war from their safety or people not caring about the suffering of innocent Somalis adds no weight to your case. That is unless your saying nin kasta oo dibada jooga he has to support Mr Shariff and his friends in Djibouti,khasab, lest I( Xiin) label them as a warmonger!

Fabregas   

NG

They don’t appeal to our cyber warriors, who in their comfort in the west want to achieve spectacular victories against Ethiopia !

I'm afraid the tiresome and repetitive analogy of cyber-warmongers doesn't hold. Those who signed the Djibouti Deal live in the comfort of foreign hotels, whilst the majority of the Muqawama who do not want nothing to do with it are sacrificing their lives( on the ground). Are they wishing for war from the diaspora? Thus it's rather misleading to label the opposition to Sheikh Shariffs group and their conduct as irrational cyber warriors, simpletons and confused shabaabs. You make it sound like the opposition to the Djibouti agreement consists only of irrational- youth-warriors or diaspora warmongers, which far from the case, saxiib.

Now, you probably have a great( and moral )case against those that desire the war to be continued till the Xabashis are driven out, given the conditions that SOmalia finds herself in, and the mass suffering that is occuring to the shacab.

Suffice it to say tiredsome and repetitive references to people wishing for more war from their safety or people not caring about the suffering of innocent Somalis adds no weight to your case. That is unless your saying nin kasta oo dibada jooga he has to support Mr Shariff and his friends in Djibouti,khasab, lest I( Xiin) label them as a warmonger!

RedSea   

Xiinfaniin,

What alternatives have you come up with. Djabuuti agreement?

But wait I thought you said Ethiopia is against the idea of somalis returning to normality? if that is the case, then weren't the Ethiopians present in that conference?

Ninyow you and others have convinced yourself that is the ultimate peace deal. It's no where to a viable peace deal to end the conflict.

RedSea   

Xiinfaniin,

What alternatives have you come up with. Djabuuti agreement?

But wait I thought you said Ethiopia is against the idea of somalis returning to normality? if that is the case, then weren't the Ethiopians present in that conference?

Ninyow you and others have convinced yourself that is the ultimate peace deal. It's no where to a viable peace deal to end the conflict.

^^Actually you are not a cyber warrior if that is what brought you here in this thread.

Originally posted by Brofessor_Geeljire:

Suffice it to say tiredsome and repetitive references to people wishing for more war from their safety or people not caring about the suffering of innocent Somalis adds no weight to your case. That is unless your saying nin kasta oo dibada jooga he has to support Mr Shariff and his friends in Djibouti,khasab, lest I( Xiin) label them as a warmonger! [/QB]

^^Adeer, I’ve always said the stance of those who actually do the fighting on the ground is explainable. In their context, fighting and seeking death may some times make perfect sense. I have never questioned their intent. But as I have said many times, their strategies are not without faults. Sh. Sharif will bring majority of them home with him…so I have no worries about these youths adeer.

Now the cyber warriors reference you are protesting is directed at the likes of A & T. It’s a correct label for those who live in the west quite comfortably yet find any hint of compromise in Somali conflict a dreadful thing! It’s as though they think this Somali conflict will in the end produce a winner, and the contest will be ended! In their mind, victory is around the corner! So why bother with peace talks? Any protest against this label as it regards to these folks has no merit.

^^Actually you are not a cyber warrior if that is what brought you here in this thread.

Originally posted by Brofessor_Geeljire:

Suffice it to say tiredsome and repetitive references to people wishing for more war from their safety or people not caring about the suffering of innocent Somalis adds no weight to your case. That is unless your saying nin kasta oo dibada jooga he has to support Mr Shariff and his friends in Djibouti,khasab, lest I( Xiin) label them as a warmonger! [/QB]

^^Adeer, I’ve always said the stance of those who actually do the fighting on the ground is explainable. In their context, fighting and seeking death may some times make perfect sense. I have never questioned their intent. But as I have said many times, their strategies are not without faults. Sh. Sharif will bring majority of them home with him…so I have no worries about these youths adeer.

Now the cyber warriors reference you are protesting is directed at the likes of A & T. It’s a correct label for those who live in the west quite comfortably yet find any hint of compromise in Somali conflict a dreadful thing! It’s as though they think this Somali conflict will in the end produce a winner, and the contest will be ended! In their mind, victory is around the corner! So why bother with peace talks? Any protest against this label as it regards to these folks has no merit.

Abtigiis   

First of all, I don't live in the west. Second, Xinn is a difficult man to debate with. The moving target analogy works with him. You construct your own version of other's statements and start deconstructing. Who said the widening of the war must be limited to Somalia only? Haven't I suggested supporting gropus who are already fighting in Ethiopia? Some materially (where visible), others by providing safe passages and money. Should would do that inevitable job now or prolong the misery with the assumption that your mystic Peace mission will somehow deliver!!

Adeer peace comes out of the muzzle of a Gun. And even the limited talks you had in Djibouti are the result of Alshabab's fighting back. Who would have bothered about talking to Shariif or anyone else if there were not a daring resistance. I think you discredit that part of the story.

Third, is your myopia. Two years in a life of struggle is too short. How do you catagorically declare it a success or a failure what the Muqaawamaa had achieved? A decade is the right time to assess a liberation struggle! However long it may seem for you.

Beerka jecli, Xaydha jecli la iskuma helayo adeer. This is not circus, it is war with all the consequent collateral damage and heart-breaks. For you to love peace more than me is unjust, on a personal level. For in a span of 1 year [from june 2007] I witnessed the killing of two uncles (abti and adeer), the sentencing to 22 years of a close friend, the sentencing to death of 2 collegues, to name only the family cases. My younger and older brothers are both languishing in Ethiopian prisions in Zeway (central Ethiopia). And I see all this loss as a process to the bigger picture:freedom. For it is not only my family that is losing their darlings.

So, there is no way you will accuse me of in comfort! Adeer, stop dividing the opinion of the people and let us see what a wholehearted support to the struggle can achieve. Easy with throwing around labels!

Abtigiis   

First of all, I don't live in the west. Second, Xinn is a difficult man to debate with. The moving target analogy works with him. You construct your own version of other's statements and start deconstructing. Who said the widening of the war must be limited to Somalia only? Haven't I suggested supporting gropus who are already fighting in Ethiopia? Some materially (where visible), others by providing safe passages and money. Should would do that inevitable job now or prolong the misery with the assumption that your mystic Peace mission will somehow deliver!!

Adeer peace comes out of the muzzle of a Gun. And even the limited talks you had in Djibouti are the result of Alshabab's fighting back. Who would have bothered about talking to Shariif or anyone else if there were not a daring resistance. I think you discredit that part of the story.

Third, is your myopia. Two years in a life of struggle is too short. How do you catagorically declare it a success or a failure what the Muqaawamaa had achieved? A decade is the right time to assess a liberation struggle! However long it may seem for you.

Beerka jecli, Xaydha jecli la iskuma helayo adeer. This is not circus, it is war with all the consequent collateral damage and heart-breaks. For you to love peace more than me is unjust, on a personal level. For in a span of 1 year [from june 2007] I witnessed the killing of two uncles (abti and adeer), the sentencing to 22 years of a close friend, the sentencing to death of 2 collegues, to name only the family cases. My younger and older brothers are both languishing in Ethiopian prisions in Zeway (central Ethiopia). And I see all this loss as a process to the bigger picture:freedom. For it is not only my family that is losing their darlings.

So, there is no way you will accuse me of in comfort! Adeer, stop dividing the opinion of the people and let us see what a wholehearted support to the struggle can achieve. Easy with throwing around labels!

A & T, perhaps if you send us a postcard :D from the battleground, I'll drop my Diaspora warrior label!

On a more serious note, you don’t have to run away from this label. If you believe war is the only option we have, you should defend that proposition. It’s you who came here shooting words from his pen and accusing people with myopia and like. And lest you construe this cyber debate as an attack on your persona, it’s not. Your pains are probably real and unjustly inflicted, but sharing them does not advance your argument. It does not add meaning to the pool of information of Somali sufferings we already have. Again that’s not to minimize your tragic experiences. The opinion of your people is already divided. I am not dividing it. 18 years of unrelenting civil war had hardened people’s stances. I don’t believe more wars have the answer to our people. I don’t believe war is the only option for us, Somalis. In fact, I believe Somalis of today have no capacity to fight in a meaningful way for the reasons I’ve already delineated here! My yardstick for success is probably different than yours. I am not impatient adeer. To the contrary, I am willing to lose today’s battle to win tomorrow’s wars when I am more united and better positioned.

Sh. Sharif raac waryee waxba ma hayside. Don’t lose your power of positive thinking…and think big waryee

A & T, perhaps if you send us a postcard :D from the battleground, I'll drop my Diaspora warrior label!

On a more serious note, you don’t have to run away from this label. If you believe war is the only option we have, you should defend that proposition. It’s you who came here shooting words from his pen and accusing people with myopia and like. And lest you construe this cyber debate as an attack on your persona, it’s not. Your pains are probably real and unjustly inflicted, but sharing them does not advance your argument. It does not add meaning to the pool of information of Somali sufferings we already have. Again that’s not to minimize your tragic experiences. The opinion of your people is already divided. I am not dividing it. 18 years of unrelenting civil war had hardened people’s stances. I don’t believe more wars have the answer to our people. I don’t believe war is the only option for us, Somalis. In fact, I believe Somalis of today have no capacity to fight in a meaningful way for the reasons I’ve already delineated here! My yardstick for success is probably different than yours. I am not impatient adeer. To the contrary, I am willing to lose today’s battle to win tomorrow’s wars when I am more united and better positioned.

Sh. Sharif raac waryee waxba ma hayside. Don’t lose your power of positive thinking…and think big waryee

Abtigiis   

Waad salaaman tahay adeer, Saakana ma sheekhii unbaad la soo toostay? How easy must be for you. Sheekh unbaa dabada la iska qabsadaa ileen. PM kii ma heshay?

Abtigiis   

Waad salaaman tahay adeer, Saakana ma sheekhii unbaad la soo toostay? How easy must be for you. Sheekh unbaa dabada la iska qabsadaa ileen. PM kii ma heshay?