Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Muqdisho: World War 5.

N.O.R.F   

I was recently with the son of the man who has been going between the two Sheikhs in reconciliation efforts.

The crux of the issue is a major position within the government.

Its just that sh.Aweys wants to show the world who is the boss,he wants to humiliate shariifka and punish him for his deeds,simple as that.

Thierry.   

Norf

I hope that’s the case, for a mere position can be solved easily.

The President has reached out to all groups, his Foreign Minister said he will talk to anyone interested. Its time for the defence to start flexing some muscle, I have said sooner or later he will have to start playing hardball.

NGONGE   

^^ It does not sound like he reached out to anyone, saaxib. Reaching out should mean compromise and not just talking to them and telling them what he wants done. It is obvious that the opposition are not happy with what Sh. Sharif is offering (if he's offering them anything to begin with).

If there is another war and fighting in the Somali capital it is he who will shoulder most of the blame.

Thierry.   

^^ compromise about what, they want Shariah he wants Shariah, they want posts in government he is willing to sack some of his ardent companions to get them in government. Sh Aweys says get the Ugandans out and we will talk, Al Shabaab say even if they leave we will fight you. The President tells Aweys I too want Ugandans out but they along with my small troops defend my government against Al Shabaab who you don’t control.

Saxiib it’s a deadlock and the good Sheikh is being cornered more by the day, if he doesn’t organise himself militarily now he will later be forced to do what every man dreads (ask help from ones former foes (Ethiopians))

NGONGE   

^^ The idea was that HE was the peace man, saaxib. He was the one that will fix all these 'Islamic' groups,etc...

What has he done so far? I have not heard any of the opposition admitting to having spoken to him. I have no heard him say that he spoke to them. All we hear are announcements by each group about their demands or what they intend to do. On his part, we keep hearing him say that he will do this, that and the other. It all seems to be done for the media not the people concerned.

Raggan need to talk face to face.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Thierry.:

Saxiib it’s a deadlock and the good Sheikh is being cornered more by the day, if he doesn’t organise himself militarily now he will later be forced to do what every man dreads (ask help from ones former foes (Ethiopians))

and will you still cheer for him if he does that, ya thierry? ;)

ngonge, talk about what? war ninka they declared him a gaal and refused to speak to him or his representatives. deep inside, despite the peace talk, i think he wants to ino madaxa ka tumo his opponents. but of course he doesn't have any real army. And if he relies on foreigners he might lose face.

Malika   

Is the 'Whole of Somalia' only Mogadishu? waa bila 'capital city' move it else where,engage other 'Somalis' in the process,if need there be an army then there should be a wider selection from various points right across Somalia..

*I feel like Muridi here,rumbling away*

I am tired,of this being made to be about Mogadishu and its citizen, the bloody nation consists of many regions and why arent these people/regions involved in bring the elusive peace?

Even though I support S.Sharif,I think he needs to start thinking bigger then Aweyes and co.

:mad: