Sign in to follow this  
Gediid

Report of the Secretary-General on the situation in Somalia

Gedid

I think your link doesn't work, at least from my side. Here is an alternative link:

http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/RWB.NSF/db900SID/HMYT-6A3N5L?OpenDocument&rc=1&cc=som

Reading the report, I couldn't help it but what came to mind is Yusuf Garad's Laanta Somaliga ee BBCda. :eek:

I have indicated in this report some areas where an expanded United Nations role will be required in the immediate future.

Such a role will include, among other duties: (a)
assisting in the continuous dialogue among Somali parties for reconciliation;
(b) assisting in the effort
to address the issue of "Somaliland";
© coordinating support for the peace process with Somalia's neighbours and other international partners; and (d) chairing the Coordination and Monitoring Committee as well as playing a leading political role in peacebuilding activities in Somalia. Thus UNPOS staff will need to be augmented in the following key areas: political and military liaison, information, civil police,

disarmament, demobilization and reintegration and human rights.

So, addressing the Somaliland issue is in his agenda? Lets see what he has got for us. Certainly, Somaliland has turned out something that can not be hidden below the carpet. :D