Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Somaliland will always be part of Somalia!

Fabregas   

Bear with me a moment here. I am trying to work out the rationality of those that are insistant that Somaliland is part and parcel of Somalia and will always continue to do so. Note that I am not a Somaliland supporter or anything like that.

According some members of this forum; no matter what happens "North-Western" Somalia is part of Somalia and there is some kind sacred Somaliast doctrine that purposes they stay that way. However, Somaliland has it's own government(albeit not recognised),military, passports and the T.F.G have no real jurisdiction over them. Djibouti, N.F.G and Ocadenia were part of Somalia and now they are not. Thus, if one day, Somaliland would be recognised that by the international community would those ppl insist that SL is part and parcel of Somalia?

Lastly, doesn't constantly claiming the seccionists(spelling?) are evil like, anti-Somalia and traitors increase their resolve and support for their ideology. In other words, doesn't the demonisation of Somaliland by the Somaliasts on this forum achieve the opposite, ie make Somalilanders more demanding for a break up with Somalia?

Bokero   

GJ

Hear hear

I will add one more thing.. (by the way am NOT from SL), IF they ppl of SL have sorted themselves and the rest of us are insistent on death, destruction and collaboration, why should they wait for a partner that may never recover!

I say to my brothers and sisters in SL well done and good luck and i hope you establish a successful, progressive and pluralist country that will make all of us proud.

^ that would have been good if all the stakeholders in the region have agreed on to secede from the rest of country. We dont see that, do we? All we see is that one clan is in favour for secession and the remaining clans are against it.