General Duke

****** Cabinet--------

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

Wats Iskaashiga Gobolada.

it is another way of saying there is no room for you in the cabinet

it is another way of saying there is no room for you in the cabinet

:D

Che...I expected some common sense but alas.

They could have divided the cabinet more venly. For example

-Take out Xasan Abshir and replace him with some one elese as his clan got the Presidency.

-Take out both Musa and Cumar Finish and replace them with MP's from clans who are not in the cabinet.

Out of the *** give at leats 4 to Somaliland...

Basically share power between the clans as the 4.5 formula states...

Rahima   

The most puzzling part is how this division can actually surprise some. This is politics after all, and the worst kind to top it off, Somali politics -dictated by the misuse of tribe.

What did you all expect? Have you all forgotten that the conference was basically an amalgamation of the same men that destroyed our country in the first place, with the blood still fresh on the hands of some? They added to the disaster by electing one of the worst for president, hence this division of cabinet is of minute importance.

I personally am not surprised and did not expect any better. Somalis are allergic to the idea of justice; each man is out for their own. But at the same time, I don’t see why qabiil is of such importance; the position should be given to the right person regardless of lineage. If by chance there is a majority of one qabiil then so be it, but this is in an ideal society where discrimination along such lines does not occur, Somalia is excluded obviously.

All in all, like I’ve said previously, we really don’t have much of a choice, we must accept all garbage that they throw at us. We aren’t in a position to be crying about the level of unfairness, no one cares about fairness, so lets not waste our breath and just make duca that Allah gives us success with this attempt.

Smith bro I don't know what made you so mad about this cabinet. You seem rushing before even the construction of the ministers finished. This leadership is trying to satisfy tribes and but also to satisfy all those groups that have guns which is alright to me. Neither justice nor equality was applied in Somali conferences in general and this one certainly indorsed the formula of 4.5. What most Somalis want is to have peace even if they lose out of ministerial portfolios.

The Somaliland issue the MP did the right thing. He knows that sland group in Nairobi are not representative and they could create problems if prestige posts such as foreign ministers are awarded. So the guy knows how to play his cards well.

We will see which minister will be rejected by the parliament and which one goes through. Before that keep the faith.

Hanan, the surprise is that neither talent nor lineage was the base for the selection of ministers. It serves no real politic the course the government has taken. Either the President is a genious or ??

Saxardiid, if you think its easy for me to writte this then you are new to this forum. However if guns are important then why should some important warlords be left out?

Look its in everyones interest that this project works and that we get a government.

Also did the PM tell the 40 MP's from Somaliland that they would not get any important posts?

And what would happen if they all flew back to Hargaysa tommorrow because of the way they have been treated. Brother think outside the box for once, our adversaries have got us where they wanted...

NASSIR   

I hope this cabinet receives plenary acknowledgment and public congruence.

Recent News

EU executive to fund Somalia reconstruction talks

- Friday, December 03, 2004 at 10:58

NAIROBI, Dec 3 (Reuters) - The European Commission will spend 1.5 million euros ($2 million) on talks aimed at rebuilding Somalia, as the anarchic African nation prepares for the arrival of its new government, officials said on Friday.

"In support of the outcome of the Somali Reconciliation Conference, the EC has decided to provide further support to an ongoing and extensive series of public consultations on issues essential to peace building and state reconstruction," the EU executive's delegation in Kenya said in a statement

OG_Girl   

Wasaaradda Wershadaha, Md. Cabdi Maxamed Tarrax. (Afmadow )

:confused:

To just make their freaking 4.5 work they even fake Identity of the people. If this guy from Afmadow I am from Bosaso!!!

Salam

Smith

However if guns are important then why should some important warlords be left out?

Who? As I said before and the PM confirmed it today there are more ministers to come and the formula of 4.5 will be maintained. Next 24 hours more ministers including vice PMs will be announced.

Look its in everyone’s interest that this project works and that we get a government.

yes we have the gov and God willing it will move to our homeland soon.

Also did the PM tell the 40 MP's from Somaliland that they would not get any important posts?

They don’t have much to contribute in this face of the government bcause the priority is to sort out southern problem (Mogadishu to be precise).

And what would happen if they all flew back to Hargaysa tommorrow because of the way they have been treated.

we don’t need trophy ministers and it will be good for them to visit their families since they are exiles from home for long time. Somaliland issue will not be settle until and unless southern problem is solved i.e. Peace and security for the main cities.

Don't be too emotional its just Somali politics. Nothing works the way it should be, always on the opposite side.

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

quote:Wasaaradda Wershadaha, Md. Cabdi Maxamed Tarrax. (Afmadow )

:confused:

To just make their freaking 4.5 work they even fake Identity of the people. If this guy from Afmadow I am from Bosaso!!!

Salam
This is another way of saying which tribe he is from and nothing to do with where he is from.

Abdullahi Yusuf is the erstwhile clannish crony who still is caught in the old archaic mentality of clan animosity. He is not in tune with modernity and nation building. This clan baron wants to settle scores and create more mayhem and carnage among the people of Mogadishu.

I anticipate gloomy days coming. Forget about peace, unity, harmony, reconcilliation and compromise as long as we have a vile warlord as aleader. These words are not even in his vocabulary. the distressing thing is that his whole clique have no other vision other than to dominate and pursue policies of dissarry.

i had been informed that his immediate sub-clan is involved in the Gelinsoor hostilities and provinding arsenal to both sides.

I somehow trust that the people of Mogadishu and Hargeisa will understand the clannish octogenarian’s undertakings and not be deceived into jingoism and idle talk of patriotism. I hope they come up with a better alternative to save the nation.

i think mr Tarax was the head of the western Somali liberation front ( Somali refugees ) and the head of Hayadda Qaxootiga Soomaalida galbeed.

he is from Dhagaxbuur in the Somali section of Ethiopia .

40-45 cabinet ministers? what a joke!!! this is to appease some mogadishu clans and bigshot players who were left out of the game?

Ulusooow will have wasiirka sanuudda iyo sarifka lacagaha qalaad?.

gacmadheere will have wasiiirka dhuxusha iyo qoryaha?

cabdikariim ali axmed will have wasiirka cara-maanyaddda iyo bacaadka?

ina-liiqliiqato ( or some one from his clan in the parliament ) will have wasiirka qashin aruurinta iyo nadaafadda?

what you will do with somaliland group?

create more bogus portfolio?

wasiirka la dagaalanka cayayaanka iyo shimbiraha?

wasiirka dharka iyo maacuunta?

wasiirka maqaayadaha iyo biibitooyinka?

wasiirka budka iyo bakooraddaha?

wasiirka muufadda iyo maraqa?

wasiirka qaadka iyo geeyrasheeynta?

this is a farce!!

you can't build a nation with Qabiil. criminal warlords and illiterate clannish nomads have no clue about governance. it is an alien concept they can't still grasp what it really means.

forming a clan assembly for them and maybe having a bi-polar form of government where abdullahi and his cronies will deal with Qabiil and the other government will consist of educated modern somalis with no clan allegiance!

that would have been a better comedy!!

bilan   

i do not understand why they need 45 ministers, all they need is 2,wasiirka kudaafada,and wasiirka burcada,that is the only thing we need right now. but did anyone get the irony,cumar finish wasiirka awqaafta what a joke.but i hope they will stop killing people