Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

****** Cabinet--------

LANDER   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

Also did the PM tell the 40 MP's from Somaliland that they would not get any important posts?

And what would happen if they all flew back to Hargaysa tommorrow because of the way they have been treated. Brother think outside the box for once, our adversaries have got us where they wanted...

Smith, couple questions for you. Would a man of Honor trust a treasonous snake? if your answer is no, why would you expect Geedi to trust any of those appointees?

If you still wondering what kind of wlc these ppl would receive in Somaliland, I think this article, which I agree with 100% sums it up:

TRAITORS DESERVE NO MERCY

Abdulkadir Idan — London, England — 3 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The so-called Somaliland representatives taking part in the peace conference wept as they heard that their treason bore no fruit. These are men that sold out their nation, their people, their honor and their rights, just to feed their greed. They will plead for mercy from the Somaliland people and the government and I plead with the Somaliland government and the Somaliland people to not answer their plead and to subjugate and shun them. Traitors deserve no mercy. These are cowards who only follow their own interests for greedy purposes. What kind of a signal would we be giving if we allowed them to return? The government of Somaliland should not allow any individual who took part in the so-called peace conference for southern Somalia to set foot on Somaliland soil. If they do they should be arrested and charged for treason. These individuals took part in a conference, which we had no right

to take part in. They took part on behalf of a fake clan, which doesn’t exist in Somaliland. The Somaliland government stand on this issue will be closely monitored and if it brushes this incident under the carpet it will further prove the incompetence of this present administration.

We must send a clear message to all Somalilanders and to the wider Somali community that we will not tolerate traitors and people who create fake clans or part take in the affairs of neighboring country. The election of a criminal warlord as president of southern Somalia and the unstable situation which still exists in that country puts further pressure on the

international community to recognize Somaliland. If we take a liberal stand and grant pardons to these traitors others will not hesitate to do it again however if we take a hard-line stand then all will understand that there are limits that cannot be passed. These traitors choose to be part of southern

Somalia so let them, let them reside their forever and to never return to Somaliland. These are men who deserve no mercy. They are men with no morals and no conscience. The Somaliland community all around the world will monitor the stance of the government on this issue and this is one issue

that cannot be swept under the carpet. To allow them to return to Somaliland would be a crime in its own right. It is time the Somaliland government ends this cycle of appeasement and deals with the issues and makes a genuine attempt to solve them.

Like all great nations a traitor is never rewarded but punished regardless of gender, age or race. Why are we any different? These men surrendered their rights of citizenship when they participated in an illegal act. To allow them to return is against the laws of the nation. The government must

act according to the laws of the land to do otherwise is not in the interest of the Republic of Somaliland .A harsh crime requires a harsh sentence.

Abdulkadir Idan

London, England

OG-Girl, what was that about Afmadow and Mr Tarax?

MAC, it seems that you went of on another rant, the Ministers are not 45, who said that?

As for Somaliland I think it was wrong of our PM to ignore them, but we shall wait and see the outcomes. Also I dont think they are traitors by any means.

OG_Girl   

Nothing wrong with him , but he is not from Afmadow, he is my dad's first cousin ... and never even him or our ancentries been from Afmadow. Just cause some people we share same sub clan from there doesn't mean we can represent them... if they wanted and care about accupied Somali land they easily say he reppresents from our region where he was born and raised before they came to Mogadisho as a refugee !!!

Salam

OG. are you saying your uncle should not be a minister. It seems he is already an MP representing the clan and he used to be a minister in the Siyad Government so I dont see how he is disqualified?

OG_Girl   

Don't get me wrong "my" uncle is just fine as others..lol just they shouldn't lie and say he is from Afmadow .. they just should say where he is from .. or just leave the region and just address by his sub clan!!.

what a goverment, you can be PM member by your Clan not your origion or nationality, even they can fake your identity to make you fit the position redface.gif .

Don't suprise after 10 years .. OG_Girl from Afmadow is PM , how don't ask me :D

Salam

LOL, you are right my sister its not the location but the clan that he represents.

There are 12 MP's from his and they chose him out of the 12, and because he is the closest to Afmadow he represents the clan that lives there. Just like there is only one minister from Gedo and Cabudwaq...

Rahima   

And this is what i disagree with in Somali politics. Instead of selecting people in the government based on merit, qualities, achievements and what they can do for their country, selection is based on that which they had no control over.

To me, Somali politics is so backward at times I wonder if its beyond repair :rolleyes: .

AYOUB   

Originally posted by waayeel:

Veterans Affairs,

Is that the same as Wasaaradda dhaqan celinta iyo Tabarada Maleeshoyooyinka? :D

Here is a big problem with Tarah, Jess and others from OG region. They took parliament seats allocated for Afmadow people by bribing Guy called Suldan Ali Sokor. The people who live in Waamo are 'masaakiin', peace loving so instead of creating lot of problems for the new parliament and the government they just kept quite. Tarah and Jess should not be in the Somali parliament nor should they be in the new government. But it’s like other injustices in Somali politics only time will solve.

OG_Girl   

^^^ Tell me one single person who deserves in this clown cabinet!!!!!Tell me who elected others to represent their clan? Well don't carry for Afmadow people and how peace loving people they are!to just exclude people from accuiped Land!!!

Since whole goverment bassed by clan formula not by regions.. I think their cousins from Afmadow can apoint them since they are our closest by blood.By the way Tarah and these from Afmadow not just sub-clan connection but we share 4th or 5th grand father so isn't even clan is family connection.

But there is not about where you from as your self explained earlier I think since every one agrees that the region is Somali and also people are Somali. They have right and all rights to represent their region in Somali goverment.

PS: I am not defending this Goverment but I am following their logic and if that the logic Somali politics today.. Who is better than "Tarah" to represent his cousin from Afmadow!! :rolleyes:

Salam

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

[QB] ^^^ Tell me one single person who deserves in this clown cabinet!!!!!Tell me who elected others to represent their clan?

No one but at least they are who they are? And they are appointed by their clan leaders (warlords, businessmen, clan elders and sometimes themselves)

Well don't carry for Afmadow people and how peace loving people they are!to just exclude people from occupied Land!!!

I said this because your uncle Jess spent more than 8 to kill in the name of the people of the region and when he lost run away to leave the people of that region to pick up the pieces. Because they come from the 'Occupied Land' doesn’t give them the right to represent other people in the name of sub-clan.

Since whole goverment bassed by clan formula not by regions.. I think their cousins from Afmadow can apoint them since they are our closest by blood.

So you telling me people from Afmadow don't have anyone better to represent? Think again! Anyone with a little knowledge of the people in Afmadow know that even before Tarah, Jess and likes came to Somali there were very highly qualified people from Afmadow people who were ministers, MPs, or any other profession. Only when people like you uncle came to Somila and played siyads Game of Militarizing, destroying Somali institutions the people of Afmadow lost their power.

By the way Tarah and these from Afmadow not just sub-clan connection but we share 4th or 5th grand father so isn't even clan is family connection.

Allahu Akbar! Most Somali tribes have connections with people in the neighboring countries (or Occupied Somali Lands). Some even have closer links then the one you mentioned but no other tribe or politician said I will represent because I am closer reletive. What happen was Scandal and no matter how they fake their backgrounds, they will stay outsiders.

But there is not about where you from as your self explained earlier I think since every one agrees that the region is Somali and also people are Somali. They have right and all rights to represent their region in Somali government.

Unless we (Somali people in the republic) belief there is no nation state called Somalia just tribal lands that used to be prior 1960s.

Sorry for the length! I was just trying to make myself clearer.

OG_Girl   

Nothing to appology wallalo. I wasn't deffending My uncle Tarah..By the way Jees is not my uncle.. rer Afmadow are much closser smile.gif

I was first one pointed that he isn't from Afmadow and that is dead truth.. But talking about their formula and following their logic he is in right side and safe since he is same sub sub-clan, he is the right one !

About being oursider thanks for reminding "Me" .. I know as long my Land isn't with in Somali Republic that I am ousider.But do favor to us and Stop calling our land Somali Land just point our region name!.

First time I prefere to be called that I am from Kilinka 5 or as my grand father calls kildega 5!! ( kettle 5).

Salam

Salaan...

I see my brother didn't make the list this time, so I am officially against this newly nominated armaajo, err cabinet. At least he should have been given Wasiirka Jacburiska portfolio.

Darn you so-called Sheekh Aadan Uuloow Kuuloow Madoowe for stealing my brother's seat. :D:D:D