Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Somaliland?

somali thinker

I'm sorry, somewhat tacky i realise, but my articulate gland seems to be out of action lately.

But whats the difference between a somali and a somali?

ElPunto   

Originally posted by SomaliThinker:

Caano Geel thank you for posting a clearn example of all talk and no solution lool. You may think its cutie to post cartoons like this, but what it really shows is you are not up for a real debate to finding solutions to somali peoples ills, Plus i can find countless pics by aminarts.com that shows your side in bad light too old boy, but i be big enough not to post it cause it be on my side pointless and not really not stopping the divide that exists in somali culture. Your response with that comment is good direction of the state of how somalis view each other.

What do you believe is the problem that needs a solution with regard to Somaliland?

Xaruuri   

You sometimes wonder and question if some members of this forum are rational. One such member is this chap who calls himself Mujaahid Red Sea. He is accusing the writers of the articles presented here as hell bent on defaming the entire region of Somaliland. These two writers are condemning only Mr. Faysal Waraabe who is nothing but an embarrassment to that part of the world which FYI I am also from. Indeed I do agree with the writers that the burning of the Somali Flag was despicable act. It is beyond me why this gentleman is making this Yahoo and Loony known as Ina Cali Waraabe synonymous with Somaliland? In my opinion there is no worst defamation than that to the people of Somaliland. It is a ridiculous claim and he should be ashamed of himself.

From what I gather from his writings I believe Dr. Ali Bahar is a northern unionist who is from the great province of Awdal. Like any other community, the people of the North have diverse views on any issue including whether to secede from Somalia or not. Only those are delusional would deny that fact. We should respect that if the democracy that Mr. Mujaahid and company shove on the throat of people exists in Somaliland. Otherwise it is a mirage and we should admit that.

Xaruuri

NASSIR   

Well said Xaruuri.

Duke-U r very welcome and I agree the people of Mogadisho are now creating a positive climate for their city and realizing all other trumped up charges of conspiracy against the TFG.

PRESS RELEASE-For Immediate Release:- Hargeisa Secessionists Desecrate Somali National Flag (NSPU)

January 22, 2007

The Northern Somalis for Peace and Unity (NSPU) strongly condemns the recent, despicable act of desecration in which Hargeisa-based secessionists burned the Somali national flag. Ironically, the ingrates burned Bluuglay at the very site where it was hoisted for the first time on the first parcel of Somali soil that was decolonized. It is a sad commentary that the mutinous secessionists would go out of their way to insult all Somalis, irrespective of home region or place of residence, in this way.

It is also a shameful affront to the memories of our forefathers who struggled and paid a high price for the realization of this, most memorable event of independence on June 26, 1960.

NSPU also categorically rejects the dishonest, mob-like demonstrations in Hargeisa that the secessionists orchestrated in that city some days ago for the sole purpose of deceiving the international community into thinking that northern Somalis would want to secede from the rest of the country.

Nothing is further from the truth. A plurality of the Somali people in the northern regions are unalterably opposed to the often repeated fabrication by the secessionists that there is a separate entity called “Somaliland”; when in fact three (3) out of the five (5) northern regions in the former British Somaliland Protectorate are against secession and are solidly in the pro-Union camp.

To prove this point, on the same day the secessionists organized their pathetic demonstration in their enclave, large counter demonstrations were held in the cities of Badhan and Hadaaftimo in the Sanaag region. Huge pro national unity demonstrations similarly sprang spontaneously in Las Anod, the regional capital of Sool and in Buuhoodle District of the Cayn region. Meanwhile, residents of the Awdal region, in the far northwest, have simply refused to buckle under pressure and join demonstrations orchestrated by absentee secessionist politicians who came to the region to foment rebellion.

All these point to the illegitimacy and bankruptcy of the clan-driven, blind quest to secede the northern regions of Somalia from the rest of the country. But the secessionists had never, in more than dozen years, let facts or reason get in the way of their chasing of what is patently a hopeless pipedream; namely, to revive a long-dead colonial entity (British Somaliland Protectorate) and use it as a tool to dismember Somalia and establish a one-clan hegemony over the other Somali clans of the north.

Yet, the secessionists persist in trotting on that fruitless path without any prospect of ever realizing their subversive project. Characteristically, they never miss an opportunity to spew and hurl hate-filled invectives against other fellow Somalis, especially their brothers and sisters in the southern regions.

On this particular occasion, unalloyed fear about the current, realistic prospect of Somalis succeeding, at long last, to once again reconstitute the central authority of the country has gripped and traumatized the secessionists. After all, their whole strategy for separation and secession was predicated on the assumption that anarchy and lawlessness will continue to plague the south, particularly the capital city of Mogadishu and its vicinity. Thus, in an apparent state of panic, they threw out all pretences to civility and decorum to the wind and proceeded to wantonly desecrate the much-loved symbol of Somali unity—the beautiful national flag.

This disgraceful act of delinquency bordering on sedition was orchestrated by rabble-rousing politicians, led by none other than Faisal Ali Waraabe (Faisal the Hyena). Mr. Waraabe and the other reprobates of his ilk have proved, beyond doubt, that they would stop at nothing to incite their already agitated constituency to rebellion. And, for what purpose, one might ask? For what purpose, indeed! Since, hell will freeze over before the secessionist miscreants get their way!

It is quite befitting that most of the intransigent, narrow-minded Hargeisa politicians, who campaign to dismember the Somali Republic hold foreign Passports. Their unreasonableness is a function of the options that they have, which are not available to their often misled and frequently propagandized constituency. That is, to catch the next plane to such foreign capitals as London, Helsinki, Sydney, Stockholm, etc., after it becomes apparent to them all that their ill-fated obsession with secession is doomed to failure.

When that day comes, (as surely it will) the likes of Mr. Waraabe would have no qualms about leaving for distant shores with the poor local citizens holding the bag! So, brothers and sisters of northwestern Somalia, beware of those who will tell you that they are going abroad to seek “recognition” for ‘Somaliland’. They are either going abroad to stash the thousands of dollars they stole from your meager resources or to indulge in their yearly routine of returning to their foreign residences, and lament all the mistakes they made over the years in their goofy “jihads” against their fellow Somalis.

Long live Somalia: United, Peaceful, and Prosperous!

For further information, please contact: Gamal Hassan Director, Communication & Public Relations Unit (NSPU) 5470 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, Ontario. K2C 3M1 Canada E-mail: info@somaliunity.org website: http://www.somaliunity.org/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NORTHERN SOMALIS FOR PEACE & UNITY (NSPU) is a grass-roots Somali advocacy organization with Branches in Somalia, United Arab Emirates, Canada, USA, UK, Sweden, and South Africa. We are dedicated to the promotion of peace and unity among the long suffering people of Somalia. We believe the ‘Somalia problem’ can only be dealt with within the framework of a holistic strategic approach aimed at the empowerment of a central government to rebuild national democratic governance institutions and restore law and order throughout the country. NSPU believes the balkanization of Somalia is a recipe for future conflicts and a bleak future for the Somali people, who are bonded by ethnicity, language, religion, and shared centuries-old culture and traditions.

Those are the losers ,,,,,,, i don't care what they write and the solidarity they show to the not existing governments ,,,,,,,,, one thing i know is they are not welcomed even by their wives and close families. They have time, computers and internet connection then they write what comes to their mind.

RedSea   

Xaruuri, no need to start the guesing game here.The simple matter of the fact is that there many other issues to deal with right now.Then to sit there and bash a peaceful somali region.

These men should be coming out against the invasion of Ethiopia into Southern somalia.If they really do like their country,then shouldnt' they express concerns over the latest development in Southern Somalia,I think so.

On the latest article,the NSPU has came out firing when the somali flag was burned, however none of them expressed concerns when the Ethiopian flag was waved over Xamar.that is what I like to call hypocratical and two faced.

They hide when the real issues come to surface,but however when a dude in Hargeysa says something,they all seem to have an ear for it and rather swift response follows.

Wish people could be truthful to their believes.

Those are the losers

Do you mean the nobodies.

They used to put few good arguments in the old days but now they are heading straight towards silly street.

Liibaan   

Red sea,

You are hypocritic

Just admit that you are another hardline secessionist that defends his clan militia based in Hergeysa right or wrong

The reason you are against TFG is tribal (Puntland factor), its not Ethiopia and C/Yusuf

Hows your adeer Waraabe, you admitted that you admire his hate massages (for you it is frankness), Do you still believe that Waraabe is like president of Iran, even after his nazi comment? I think so, since both waraabe and you expressed joy over the burning of Somali flag

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

quote:

Those are the losers

Do you mean the
nobodies.

They used to put few good arguments in the old days but now they are heading straight towards
silly street
There is where they belong to ,,,,,,,,,, let them be there until the end of the world. :D

SOO MAAL   

Garaad,

All somali political groups have same and one political platform and thats qabiil

True, TFG, Somaliland, Puntland ,and mogadishu warlords are all factions based qabiil, as well they are all xabashi puppets

ICU had a good outlook, but still qabiil, hasty military expansion, and xabashis ruined their chance

Anuu waxaan oran lahaa soomaali mar uun bal Illahay haa ka baq

RedSea   

^I agree,Insha Allah.

As for Garaad, my buddy you never seem to get it.You simply refer me as hypocrite yet you can't really come up with anything to back up your false accusation.

I thought I told you enough about my positions when it comes to Faysal Cali Waraabe,it's not my problem if nothing will penetrate into your thick skull.

As for the TFG, well you just shot yourself in the foot, by saying the TFG is(Puntland).So there you go, you support them,because you consider yourself Plander right? c'mon now.

I wonder if Geedi,Ismail Hurre,Sifir,Kaluun, Caydiid and all those others are from Puntland as well?

As for the ICU,they made "threats" against my region,Somaliland,yet I didn't appose them,why?

Back up your accusations please or simply don't make any pal.

Som@li   

Faysal and his Nazi Tactics

Ali H. Abdulla

January 22, 2007

Fasyal Ali Warabe is the chairman of UCID, one of the three political parties registered in Somaliland. He is a controversial person who does not usually calculate his words like most politicians do. His strategy to reach power relies on negativity and statements that are meant to alienate Northern Somalis from their brothers in the South.

A resume posted at the website of his party lists his work experience in Somalia as follows:

Regional Director, Ministry of Public Works, Somalia

Director of Planning & Building, Ministry of Public Works

Chief Engineer, Mogadishu City, Somalia

President of a Private construction Company ( AYAAN)

The resume conspicuously leaves out the dates Faysal held these positions in Somalia. However, a quick investigation revealed that he never participated in the SNM campaign against the regime of Siyad Barre and was considered a loyal civil servant until the final collapse of the government. This clearly illustrates that Faysal was a loyal member of the same regime that he now accuses of killing his own people.

Past statements by Faysal never elicited much reaction from Somalis, but it seems that he has gone too far this time by comparing the Somali flag to a Nazi flag used by the ****** to kill his folks. To him, the flag is just like a rag that can be replaced at will.

Being born in 1948, and a Hargeisian, Faysal could have been one of the elementary school students standing under the same flag he now derides, repeating the famous words of Tima Cadde “Kanna sib, Kanna Saar” as the blue flag was being hoisted in Hargeisa, a few days later it also replaced the Italian flag in Mogadishu, thus ending the era of the ugly British and Italian rules in Somalia.

Dr. Ali Bahar eloquently details the history of the flag in his article ‘Time Tests Man’s Soul; Hatred Overtakes Faisal Warabe’s Soul”, and there is no need to repeat that here.

The tactics of Faysal reminds one of Hitler and the Nazis who believed that the Aryan race to which they belonged was superior to all other races. Many statements attributed to Faysal smack of disturbingly similar Nazi believes. When the Islamic Courts swung to power in many parts of Somalia, he proclaimed that people from Mudug are not qualified to teach Islam to the off-springs of Bani Hashim in Somaliland, the family of the Prophet (Peace be upon him).

It seems that Faysal lacks wisdom, vision and charisma and reverts to sensationalism to garner the support of the people of Somaliland. Most Somali-Landers do not take him seriously and dismiss his words as immature. However, Faysal should be taken seriously and should not be dismissed lightly like the German people initially dismissed Hitler and his demagogy. As we all know, Faysal always calls for an open war with Puntland over Sool and Sanaag, and he can guide us unwillingly into a destructive war that we cannot afford. Given the fact that Faysal is a heartbeat away from becoming the president of Somaliland in the event of winning the presidential elections due to be held in a few years, a close scrutiny of his actions and words is a must.

Somalis usually have a non-written code where people respect the feelings of others. Normally, any perceived affronts are remedied with a compensation known as Xaal. Instead of offering a proper “Xaal” to the millions of Somalis he insulted by burning their beautiful flag, Fasyal brazenly offered a halfhearted apology attributing the act to a bunch of youth. To add insult to injury, his apology carried a bigger insult when he compared the blue flag to a Nazi flag, rendering his apology worthless.

Faysal should know that more than 6 million Somalis love this flag and are ready to die for it. They are all offended by his statements and demand an explanation and a proper “Xaal” for insulting their national symbol.

Such actions merely bring about tit-for-tat reactions such as the retaliatory burning of the Somaliland flag in many parts of Sool and Sanaag. This reminds me of the words of Sheikh Hamza Yusuf who in a lecture advised Muslims against burning the US flag to avoid triggering similar burnings of Muslim flags bearing the “Tawhiid” such as the Saudi flag. It also reminds me of the sayings of the prophet (PBU) who warned us against insulting others lest they insult us back including our forbearers.

As a northerner and a believer in Somali Unity, I would like to express my regrets for the actions of Faysal, and I hereby call upon all Somalis from the North to express their indignation at his words and actions. I also call upon Faysal to grow up professionally and start calculating his words. One can achieve ones goals without insulting or belittling others. Our religion and culture call upon us to respect the feelings of others.

I would also like to remind our brothers in the South that the behavior of Faysal is not representative of the general population in the North. A recent party held in Dubai, in support of a peaceful change in Somalia and the restoration of law and order, was attended by a large audience from the North and the South. Although many people do not agree with the tactics of the TFG and its reliance on Ethiopian troops to enter Mogadishu, the attendance expressed their desire for peace and stability and the restoration of the Somali State. The following sampling of individuals from the North who attended the party clearly shows that Faysal is climbing up the wrong wall:

Mr. Hussein Bulalae, the ambassador of Somalia to the UAE, is from Berbera. He participated in the failed 1960 coup led by Xasan Kayd. He sponsored the party and expressed his full support for the resurrection of the Somali state.

Boqor Buur Madaw is a traditional leader from Western Sanaag. He played an important role in brokering a peace deal between the current president of the TFG and his former adversary, the current President of Punland. He was also instrumental in the release of Zamzam, the young girl who was wrongly accused of being a spy and raped in Hargeisa jails. In the party, he expressed his hope and desire for peace in the South and advised the TFG to opt for peace with all sectors of the Somali society. Unlike Faysal, the boqor used to be an SNM fighter who knows the horror of war and always strives for peace.

Abwaan Cali Sugule, a northern artist, who worked up the audience into a big frenzy by reliving his famous song, “Waabaa beryey bilicsan arooryo baxsan maalin boqran”.

The daughter of the father of Education, Maxamud Axmed Cali, who expressed her emotion on the stage when a Somali singer started singing “Haybad waxaad kuleedahay dhulkaaga hooyo”

A number of businessmen from the North who contributed handsomely to the expenses of the gathering.

Engineer Faysal Xawar, from Eastern Sanaag who gave a nostalgic Power-Point presentation of Somali history from the days of the Pharaohs till today.

These northern individuals and many others nullify the hatred of Faysal towards anything Southern and symbolize hope for all of us; that Somalis will reunite peacefully in the near future.

As for Fasyal, if he insists on this ugly Nazi path, I would like to remind him of the main character in the famous poem “Kibir”, a character similar to his own and who refused to acknowledge others and respect their rights. I invite him to read the whole poem and try to understand its wisdom.

“Inta uu kashbacay oo kibroo kamman wan weyn yeeshay

Yuu niman karaamiyo colba leh kiish ka buuxsadaye”

Ali H. Abdulla

E-Mail: aliegeh@gmail.com