Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Pope appeals for solution to Somali conflict

VATICAN CITY, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Pope Benedict on Wednesday appealed to the international community to help find an end to the violence in Somalia, where clashes have uprooted a million people.

The German pope, addressing pilgrims and tourists at his weekly general audience in St Peter's Square, said he was following events in the African country "with trepidation".

"I appeal to those who have responsibility, at the local and international level, to seek peaceful solutions to bring relief to that dear population," he said.

The Pope also encouraged humanitarian groups that have remained in the country to help Somalis despite the difficulties and dangers.

(Reporting by Philip Pullella; Editing by Giles Elgood)

nuune   

Zack Subxaanallaah, ma waxad rabtaa inuu POPEKU ku dhaho in da name of the father the holly ghost and the spirit, Innaa Lillaahi

NGONGE   

Did he prescribe a few prayers that the Somalis should whisper to save themselves from all this sin? A couple of Our Father? A hail Mary full of grace?

Anyway, nuune looks like you watch too much Father Ted, saaxib. :D

The Pope would have said it in latin ;)

In nomine Patris, et Filii,et Spiritus Sancti! He then would probably follow it up with something nice about Ethiopia :D

RedSea   

Originally posted by Seekknowledge:

ducada ha diidin qofyahoow

It's not excepted by Allah anyways as long as they are non Muslims, so what is it good for?

:rolleyes:

how do you know what Allah will except or not? I do believe their is a islamic story about a man who killed hundred people and went heaven and another went because he said he wasn't going to heaven.

hey, hey hey, no name calling buddy, golden rules remember, but like i a said,ignorant or not, i would be careful before telling whose prayers God will accept or reject. That is, unless you have God on speed dial like Bush, fanatics of all religions think alike don't they?

Fabregas   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Did he prescribe a few prayers that the Somalis should whisper to save themselves from all this sin? A couple of
Our Father
?
A hail Mary full of grace
?

Anyway, nuune looks like you watch too much Father Ted, saaxib.
:D

The Pope would have said it in latin
;)

In nomine Patris, et Filii,et Spiritus Sancti
! He then would probably follow it up with something nice about Ethiopia
:D

I remember a long long time ago Father Ted, in one episode, gave a kick up the buttside to one of the catholic priests :D