Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Don't call us militias says the ICU. We are Islamic Forces Got it?

Calling Islamic forces “militias†prohibited from Somalia journalists

By Aweys Osman Yusuf

Shabelle Network

Mogadishu 15, August. 06 ( Sh.M.Network) The Union of Islamic Courts has for the first time announced that the media or journalists should stop using the term Islamic “militias†and rather use Islamic Forces in a press conference they held in north Mogadishu.

Formation of Islamic security forces

The Union of Islamic Courts information official Abdirahman Ali

The Union of Islamic Courts information official Abdirahman Ali Mudey pointed out in the press conference that the Islamic courts would form new special security forces whom he said would secure the capita city, adding the forces will be dressed in soldiers’ uniform that will distinct them from ordinary people.

Another development

Another new Islamic court named Towhid belonging to Jiidle tribe (but goes under the control of the Union of Islamic Courts) has been opened in Mogadishu today. In its opening ceremony, the Court chairman Sheik Ahmed Abdulahi specified the Islamic law would be enforced and old rulings used by cultural elders would be dismissed.

Sheik Ahmed stated that every judgment of the Court would be based on the Islamic law,

“I am telling you today that the Islamic law is the only approvable ruling for the Muslim community, and Allah is never pleased with another law other than the Islamic lawâ€. Said sheik Ahmed speaking to spectators.

Warning for the jounalists

The Islamist information official said that the new forces would be on duty pretty soon.

Abdirahman warned that calling the Islamist forces “Militias†would be unacceptable.

This the first time the Islamic Courts refused their forces to be called “militiasâ€, although their forces are uninformed and are lacking the proper soldier or police training.

What punishment the journalist, who uses the word “militias†in regard to the Islamist forces would face, was not pronounced.

^^Waa runtood, the word militia is not in our language and it doesn't reflect the nature and manner of the Islamic forces who are morally and ethically highly trained.

Our country is in emergency situation, and under the ethiopian occupation who had already seized certain parts of the Galgaduud region.

Let's fight against our enemy and drive them out of our country.

War wixii dhiig islaam lahoow ka kaca meesha!

me   

^^^They should work on their credibility first. They are not the 'Somali Army' yet. If they become the 'Somali Army' and attract people from all regions and show us that they are willing to respect all Somali no matter their views or lineage then the ICU militia can become a Somali Army.

Look at Hezbollah, Hezbollah respects all Lebanese factions no matter their religion or political association. The ICU is more concerned with banning things and calling their opponents anti-Islamic then they are with becoming a respected force in Somalia.

They need to become a better alternative to the chaos in our country. The ICU should work on their credibility. They have shown us that they know how to communicate with the Somali people. Now they should come with a message that attracts us all.

Or they will be deconstructed like all those groups that came before them.

The TFG can learn allot from the ICU in terms of how to communicate with the Somali people.

The ICU has done very very well, but they can do better. Take notes people.

About the Ethiopians & the US, I am beginning to think that they are supporting the ICU via proxies and that they want to build them up so that they can destroy them later.

They will not invade now; they will wait for a nice excuse. Some spectacular thing will happen and the ICU will take the fall. In the line of Sept 11 and the invasion of Afghanistan. The questions are when? And who will be our Karzai?

When? I say in 2 years from now.

Our Karzai? Hmmmmm that one is hard.

If you think I lack imagination, give me 2 years smile.gif

We the Somalis have become a pawn in a never ending war orchestrated from far away.

RedSea   

Originally posted by me:

^^^They should work on their credibility first. They are not the 'Somali Army' yet. If they become the 'Somali Army' and attract people from all regions and show us that they are willing to respect all Somali no matter their views or lineage then the ICU militia can become a Somali Army.

Mr. Me, you see you wouldn't say such thing, if you had any idea or the least knowledge about these holy warriors of the courts. Did you know that the top two field cammanders are both reer Hargeysa? o yes they are. I don't know what Somali "army" you are speaking of, but these men deserve better and they deserve the support of all Somalis, I support although I am a Somalilander from Hargeysa. Why do I support them? well let just say that I have full understanding of what they are, and therefore chose to not judge them because one tribe prominantly is identified with the courts. I support them, because they have gotten rid of those who have brought misery into the people's lives, they have gotten rid of those who have killed, looted, and occupied the streets injustly of Muqdisho. After all these, I don't think they deserve to be considered as "militias".

In my case, I rather have Islamic forces over Somaliland/somali forces anyday of the week. I am a muslim citizen, then being a Somali is my sub identity.

Mr.me if you think that the courts can do better, they are working for your own interest aren't they, the courts are open to any ideas, so if you got something important you would like to add, go ahead, the courts are made of folks like who were couragious enough to participate in this noble cause to save the lives of their people, why can't you do the same, yaa kuu diiday in aad wax ku kordhiso, hadii aad rabtid nabada umada?

me   

^^^^ I am glad you got that of your chest. Now what did I say that was wrong?

RedSea   

the fact that you refered them as "malitia" knowingly. Doesn't that count as saying something unpleasant or does it?

Maxee yihiin hadee maleeshiyo ahayn? Mise micnaha ereyga 'maleeshiyo' oo Ingiriis kasoo jeedo ayaaba la iska ilooway.

Ar waa kibreen, waliba qooq ku darsaday. Aragaane qooqaas meeshuu gaaro. Power iyo bini aaden wax isku fiican ma'aha, oo bini aaden si sahal ayuu ku kibraa, ooba is iloowaa wuxuu ahaan jiray. Waran laboodkaan waaba kasii daran yihiin.

me   

Mr. Red Sea, all that I said was 'they are not the Somali Army yet'. I hope they win this war and turn into the army of all Somali people. No matter clan or religious affiliation. I support them fully but I do not support them blindly. They are the Somali hope and I hope that they will be the ones that take us out of this mess. When the war breaks out I will side them. The war with Ethiopia will breakout, its just a matter of time. I hope you can put your money where your mouth is when that happens and you do not hide behind 'I am a Slander'.

RedSea   

Originally posted by me:

When the war breaks out I will side them. The war with Ethiopia will breakout, its just a matter of time. I hope you can put your money where your mouth is when that happens and you do not hide behind 'I am a Slander'. [/QB]

Mr. Me, I think I made a huge mistake when I responded to your opinions, because as I have learned in the past, you just don't get it at all, and I mean it, so have a wonderful day before you make another mess out of this one too.

P.S. I won't respond regardless of what you say.

bye now.