Che -Guevara

AT LEAST 34 KILLED IN CLASHES IN SOMALILAND – TWO DOCTORS AT PUBLIC HOSPITAL

1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

I went to sleep during the initial attack. I thought it was going to be long and bloody. Couldn't believe Faysal Bootaan was caught fleeing around Gumays. What a day!

he was icing on the cake, he was very close to go to Oog, on foot running, and he did not stop but they shot him in the leg

6 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

he was icing on the cake, he was very close to go to Oog, on foot running, and he did not stop but they shot him in the leg

He cheated capture one time. You would think he would have counted his blessing.

2 hours ago, Game changer said:

Faysal bootan is a brave man , fighting  at the heart of the enemies is not easy, without air support  , you are always prone to ambushes .  

He is a General, he should be tried, and hanged, for his crimes.

The rest of POWs released

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

He is a General, he should be tried, and hanged, for his crimes.

The rest of POWs released

What crimes ?   Ragbuu la dagaalamay , Dad shacaba oo xoolahooda la jooga muu layn.   Maxaabiista ama aynu is dhaafsano ama ninba intu hayo halaayo.  

galbeedi   

The decisive battle was fought Tuesday in Maraaga. Small battle took at night where a dozen soldiers were killed, then SL tried to avenge and attacked. The SSC was waiting and defeated that force decisively.

The news from Hargeisa is that there was a conflict, open disagreements and even rebellion among the soldiers. A soldier killed one officer and each clan had its members regrouped. They were  unable to fight or accept command. Moral was so law.

The Hargeisa command decided that they could no longer fight due to open conflict among  soldiers and decided to pull out. They decided to pull out at midnight, but SSC leadership got an intelligence tip and attacked 4:00 AM. 

if  you look Goojacade, there was no  burned truck shot by SSC or even vehicles shot by pullets. SL soldiers are scattered all over Sool and many were captured.

Yet, even if the pull out is true, armies don't retreat in that fashion. 

Illyria   
53 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

The decisive battle was fought Tuesday in Maraaga. Small battle took at night where a dozen soldiers were killed, then SL tried to avenge and attacked. The SSC was waiting and defeated that force decisively.

The news from Hargeisa is that there was a conflict, open disagreements and even rebellion among the soldiers. A soldier killed one officer and each clan had its members regrouped. They were  unable to fight or accept command. Moral was so law.

With all due respect, that is just copium technique concocted to soothe, and lull reer Hargeysa to sleep. Of course, the likes of Oodweyne will come up with far more exaggerated excuses. In clinical psychology, denial is phase one of  dealing with loss.

From the front, the newly formed SSC army Command switched strategy, waged a coordinated full frontal attack of 11,000 angry young men from 7 fronts. The story is written by the victor.

Postscript:
When one observes the PoWs, the dead, and wounded of the SL militias, one notices majority are either:
a) Old men in their 60s+, or
b) Young boys barely 'qaan gaadh ah'.

Conversely, if you look at SSC militias, majority are young men at their prime in their 20s through their 30s & 40s.

galbeedi   
4 minutes ago, Illyria said:

From the front, the newly formed SSC army Command switched strategy, waged a coordinated full frontal attack of 11,000 angry young men from 7 fronts. The story is written by the victor

I heard that two days before the attack the SSC leadership visited the front and said let us finish them off. Both Goojacade and Maraaga was attacked in three fronts like the Stalingaraad attack of the soviets. 

I think the narrative of the victor is probably true. If there is a pull out why top officers were wondering in the country side disoriented and covered by the dust.The people of SSC deserve this.

We all hope that Muuse & company to stay in OOG and don't try another foolish adventure. In his speech today he said " waan soo aar goosanaynaa"

Illyria   
16 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

I heard that two days before the attack the SSC leadership visited the front and said let us finish them off. Both Goojacade and Maraaga was attacked in three fronts like the Stalingaraad attack of the soviets. 

I think the narrative of the victor is probably true. If there is a pull out why top officers were wondering in the country side disoriented and covered by the dust.The people of SSC deserve this.

We all hope that Muuse & company to stay in OOG and don't try another foolish adventure. In his speech today he said " waan soo aar goosanaynaa"

Correct, the reason Firdhiye and Garaad Jama were at the front 2 days before the assault started. Of course, they will be two sides, but I'd rather take the version of the Commanders at the front. When the assault started round 0425 EAT at Maraaga, there were units headed to Canjiid to Tuula samakaab all the way to Yagoori ready to attack, and intercept any reinforcements coming from Oog.  That is a reason that even this morning still disorientated / lost SL militias in the Dhoodi have been arrested by "gabdha reer miyi ah". Imagine that, the flying rangers of the beloved Republic being grouped and arrested by SSC reer miyi.

galbeedi   
4 minutes ago, Illyria said:

When the assault started round 0425 EAT at Maraaga, there were units headed to Canjiid to Tuula samakaab all the way to Yagoori ready to attack, and intercept any reinforcements coming from Oog. 

I was wondering how the SSC forces have reached Yagoori early in the morning and cover 70 km while the fighting was underway at Maraaga and Goojace. This was a total assault from Tuulo Samakaab all the way to Yagoori. That is they intercepted Bootaan and others because they were ahead in Wadada Laamiga.

Illyria   
3 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

I was wondering how the SSC forces have reached Yagoori early in the morning and cover 70 km while the fighting was underway at Maraaga and Goojace. This was a total assault from Tuulo Samakaab all the way to Yagoori. That is they intercepted Bootaan and others because they were ahead in Wadada Laamiga.

Cabdi Madoobe was en route to Caynaba earlier in the day on the tail of escaped units and some of the weapons. He and other Commanders wanted a complete disarming, and confiscation of all heavy weapons. He missed them by a slither, and was stopped by Garaado, and did not like it.

14 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

It was a coordinated assault proceeded by feigned attack and retreat.

As Illyria said, I believe in this thread, 14 senior officers were captured including Bootaan's second in command. So many hardware were captured, not to mention POWs. This is no strategic retreat.

Abdi Madobe's men went all the way to Oog and Garaads left Las Anod, and were seen at every liberated village.

I would add Sland forces and senior commanders knew the terrain. The idea that they get lost or disorientated is ludicrous.  The controlled some areas for almost two decades.

Every thing that has happened seems un usual.    For the last 6 months  SSC didn't manage to take over positions from somaliland, they didn't capture one single POW or even vehicles .  Suddenly they have managed to defeat somaliland army in every battlefield, without using drones or any other technology.  

Somaliland Army technicals are well designed  for defensive battles.   So even if they retreat they are better positioned to  shoot the pursuing enemies.  What happened Is God's work  ,  here is my theory

1.  SSC forces were numerous , the whole city and villages were mobilized .

2. They  didn't use any vihicles when they were approaching  somaliland army positions to avoid guuxa.    Instead they get closer to the bases and  used  large number of  RPGs and bazookas  to damage somaliland armored vihicles.  

3. The timing was perfect  , as somaliland forces couldn't see what's  to coming to them , especially when the enemies are not using  technicals.  You can't see individuals 4 in the morning.