Sign in to follow this  
Xoogsade

Pr.Samatar on Djibouti Meetings...

Lool I forgot we were nemesis on the whole northern part. I agree, lets deal with that another day.

However I also fully disagree with you on his job being useless when it comes to speaking to universities and doing interviews. Truly that is an erroneous statement. You see my friend, speaking to these masses is very important to the cause. Because unlike you, I strongly believe that even if a partial peace was to exist today, those against it for their personal gains, would find a way to pressure their diaspora counterparts into taking actions.

Thus were you minimise the contribution of the diaspora, I believe they are in many cases the root cause of the chaos today.

In regards to your example of the masjid, please! How much money is sent each year, how many lobbyist groups exist today in order to support their clan based groups. These actions have a direct effect on Somali politics today. Did you forget how the existence of a seperatist group began ?

The man is great at what he does and sheds a much needed light on those that want to hide the truth from the rest of the media, he is eloquent in his theories, perhaps thats why some wish to whisk him back home.

I must say He has been useless in that way and will be useless again if he continues like this. How many years has he been in that action ? what are did he achieve rather than him being known among Somalis ??

The status of the diaspora will naver change unless changes has been done on the ground.

Look at Somaliland for example, when the situation on the ground changed the whole diaspora thing changed automatically. There are no clan militias to finance, no chaos to support and nothing else. Yes, there are still threats from our diaspora but is not a political think. After the peace the whole think changed to developing regions, towns and villages which is kinda competition. That went for the good of the people and country.

Lois,

In as far as Somaliland is concerned, You need someone, preferably from within the family, to genuinely tell you that the people have moved on. Hadii ay kaa dagi waydo, waa in laguugu dhaartaa. ;)

Jacaylboro,

The northern seperate movement came to exist thanks to diaspora members who believed in what in their personal gain to seperate. So right off the bat, this entity was possible due to the diaspora. It was not the daspora following the work on the ground. Thus, your point cant stand on that argument alone. Perhaps some of the work now is possible due to the dedication of the citizens, however the whole existence was done thanks to the diaspora.

Suldanka,

I dont need any genuine person from within the family to tell me about the north. Trust me, the majority of my family is from the north, some even believe in the seperatist movement and were part of this flawed government. While I will never disrespect them, I refuse to follow blindinly due to family or clan ties.

I guess we will just have to see, who between the two of us will have to come to their senses. I say come to the light brother smile.gif

^ I second that .... it is a reality on the ground that cannot be denied yaa JB many people would prefer unification.

whenever there is a hint of stability and peace in the south.... the voice for unification grows louder in the northwest regions .... 2 times i have personally seen it and talked to people on the ground is during the Arta conference and after the ICU took over xamar.

one night I was watching the Arta conference in the home of Riyaale when he was still vice president and quite a few people were voicing this dream. it is mostly the older generation who refuse to even entertain the idea of unification while the younger ones hope it will be a reality in their lifetime.

just because you are from the north west .... it does not automatically make you pro SL

Originally posted by Lois Lane:

Jacaylboro,

The northern seperate movement came to exist thanks to diaspora members who believed in what in their personal gain to seperate. So right off the bat, this entity was possible due to the diaspora. It was not the daspora following the work on the ground. Thus, your point cant stand on that argument alone. Perhaps some of the work now is possible due to the dedication of the citizens, however the whole existence was done thanks to the diaspora.

It was an idea from the diaspora and quickly transformed to the field. After one year of the announcement of SNM the second step which was done quickly was the creation of the military wing in the field so that the diaspora would follow. After the establishment of the government President Egal turned all his efforts on the ground so that the diaspora will follow again. That is how we played the cards and wish Somalia will follow anytime soon.

The idea and the fundamental planning came from diaspora members. Of course the actual actions were taken on the ground, however, you can not deny the basic, fundamental role the diaspora members played in the realisation of this entity.

Until today, its diaspora members who sent money, fix problems that civilians on the grounds face (i.e build roads, sent funds and educational tools to universities). Thus my dear the diaspora is the backbone of somaliland. Im sorry to burst your bubble, if you actually thought your administration was solely responsible for the achievements of the north.

Last in regards to Somalia following suite to the north, Incha Allah, the way peace is created in that part of our country is beyond incredible, so perhaps one day the rest of Somalia will come to their senses.

Walaal i'm not denying the role of the diaspora in any activities in the country if war or peace/development. I'm just talking about who has the lead and who follows who ,,,,

The dispora usually go along with what is going on the country and their support, advocacy and actions are based on the facts on the ground. If any of these so-called conferences worked out and the place turned to be peaceful and stable then i'm sure the funding from diaspora would take another direction.

The diaspora, laid out the plan to create somaliland and fight against the barre regime. Once that was done, they started a process to have a president, and so on. Again, once that was achieved, the need for education was felt and again the diaspora lobbied throught foreign academic institutions and within diaspora communities to donate, professors,educational tools or funds. So far the cycle is, a need comes up, the solution is looked towards the diaspora, which in return resolves the issues throught different formats.

Of course the administration on the ground achieves certain goals, and so do the everyday citizens of the area, however its NOTHING compared to the diaspora. Thus my point is: they lead the majority of the time.

and my point is ,, the administration and situation on the ground lead them and they lobby and fund accordingly.

The late President Egal was concentrating on the ground and he turned a blind eyes to the outside world. This resulted a complete change of the diaspora's role from fueling the problems to contributing to the development.

When a comminity from certain village/province meet, identify a need for a project then call their diaspora people to fund it or contribute then they will. If that community say they are at war with another clan/tribe and ask for money, they have no choice but they will send them money. There is no way the diaspora tell a certain community to start war with this amount of money while they are in peace and planning to make some development projects.

That is my point ,,, it is always the field that leads the diaspora.

^^ When the next solution or resolution comes from another diaspora group, perhaps then you might understand who really leads the north.

I however understand that you want to give legitimacy to your administration, however when money, help in most sectors comes from outside, its clear who leads. While, work is done inside, it is only possible due to the immense help given from outside.

Saying the north administration leads while the diaspora follows, is like saying the tfg administration leads while the ethiopian and the u.s only follow smile.gif

Neverless, Jacaylbaro, I understand your need to debate me on such an obvious issue.

My need ??

and what is that need ???

I will wait until the somali diapora sit and give orders to the warlords to stop the fighting and hand over everything to the civilians. Can't wait to see how that order is obeyed.

Evidently, a great majority of the diaspora does not really care any concrete peace in Somalia. For example those that support the tfg cannot fully believe that, that administration is for the greater good of Somalia. So I dont think that much power should be given to any group.

However, you may disagree all you want, I think its a proven fact that the economic,educational and social backbone of somaliland is its diaspora members. After all perhaps a minor detail, but the government is not recognised thus cannot truly be part of the international economic exchange.

Last, you may stick to your point my dear, but it wont do you any good, the fact is there.

Well, wax baad isku qasaysaa but let's leave it there.

the economic,educational and social backbone of somaliland is its diaspora members.

Yaa diiday taas ,,, you're right but we're talking the lead and who is directing those funds. Without peace they would fund warlords and clan fightings.