Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Members what do you think of his Excellency? Abdilaahi

BN   

Horn,

There is no need to insult this 70+ year old man over his personal health problems; especially on a day such as this...

"I'm very curious as to see how he will be received in Muqdisho though."

Exactly what i had in mind. Funny how it all came down to A/lahhi Yusuf to be the president. Finally it must be a dream come true for him. loool. Some people are simply addicted to presidency. Fighting for power over 30 years. He is a something really. Too late for him to start a dictatorship. The world has moved on guys like him. Best of luck to him and Hard Luck to Somalia.

I dont think Somalia will be any thing different with or without A/lahhi Yusuf as president. Infact it will be much more chaotic than today. Ellecting the leader of sub-autonomous region will just create more problems than solve any. There will be conflict of interest that will breed more greed among the tribes specially *********EDITED*********. It is getting much more interesting to see how this plays out. I wonder what the faith of Kismayo will be specially when A/lahhi Yusuf is the preseident. Becoming president means more more from the westren states and the Arab World which means more weapons for certain tribes man that could result the Kismayo changing hands.

Dont listen to my ps. The last thing this site needs is a political insider.

Well get to sign out folks.

cheers

[ October 10, 2004, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Gabbal   

C'mon guys lighten up smile.gif I've always called him "Beer-laawe" and no one had anything to say about it before, so why now?

Besides I don't do it as a sign of disrespect, but it's just a habit. You see most of the people I hang around with call him that ;) , i guess it kind of rubbed of on me.

I mean you didn't see me crawling down your backs when you guys were callin Barre Hiirale.. Barre Huuraale.

As for Bari..the warlord/murderer you were yesterday opposed to becoming president is now an old man :rolleyes:

lol.

BN   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

I mean you didn't see me crawling down your backs when you guys were callin Barre Hiirale.. Barre
Huuraale.

I have never called him Barre 'Huuraale'; you must have me confused with someone else.

As for Bari..the warlord/murderer you were yesterday opposed to becoming president is now an
old man

You are adding an emphasis where there is none; it is simply "70+ year old man"...or would you like me to explain further? :D

I, like you, pledged to support any leader who emerges from this conference. What is done is done and we must stand behind this new government.

There is a difference between being against an individuals politics and insulting their physical handicap/disability. I hope you can see the difference.

But I dont want this day to degenerate into another tit-for-tat squabble. This is a day for Somalia and Somali unity.

Let's move on.

Rokko   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

I mean you didn't see me crawling down your backs when you guys were callin Barre Hiirale.. Barre
Huuraale.

Huuraale is not used to attack him on a disease he has. just changed his name na'mean. big difference.

Rahima   

^ It's basically the same thing; Allah says not to call each other by disrespectful nicknames, just like we should not make fun of one another about illness.

Hopefully he will survive this illness for a long time to come, in order to achieve that which has now become his responsibility- the rebuilding of Somalia.

As for my personal opinion on this man, he is not my favourite (no real surprise there), but that is now irrelevant. I shall wait and see how he handles the responsibility, and so long as his good outweighs his bad (for surely we cannot expect him to take every right step), I shall be in complete support.

Rahima   

^ For what reason?

Surely you don't think that the majority are happy that he won :confused: ?

Sadly we accept. The dream is more important than any leader you see smile.gif .

Is that so hard to fathom brother? :D

I guess it might be for his cheerleaders ;)

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Rahima:

^ For what reason?

Surely you don't think that the majority are happy that he won :confused: ?

Sadly we accept. The dream is more important than any leader you see
smile.gif

Is that so hard to fathom brother?
:D

I guess it might be for his cheerleaders
;)

Rahima, the president recieved 189 votes out of 270 votes excluding the five votes that were missing due to some members falling sick and spoilt ones. Is that so hard to accept as fair. I am sure many opposition will find it hard also when the president unites all Somalis in the final.

Rahima   

^ I was talking about the average Somali, not those at the conference.

And anyway, never could the conference and election be fair. I've thought and stated this even before the president was elected. It is based on corruption (where have you ever heard of bribes been fair?), but like i said, corruption is better than anarchy.

Most people celebrate because of the prospect of peace and prosperity. CY and the new government have a lot to proove before the average somali begins to sing their praises. This i think shouldn't be too hard. So long as they have the support of the people, the only way is up (we've gone as low as we can).

Gabbal   

(where have you ever heard of bribes been fair?),

That was one of the more hilarious and amusing parts of the peace conference. :D:D:D

Sometimes I would stop in the middle of the street, laughing about such ludicrisy. Openly bribing and bribes being acknowledged and even encouraged? :D:D

huh.

What is done is done, I am personally looking forward to the rebuilding of the State.

Rahima,

there's no proof at all that he bribed people. As in matter of fact I don't think he did, at least not bluntly. Because the votes are still anonymous, so the Mps can take the cash and vote for someone else.

He's accepted by the majority of Somalis, just get it through your head, damn it! He' chosen by the overwhelming majority of the parliament, of wich all factions and tribes were represented. But to make your lame comment about "the average somalis" a total joke. Look what happenned in Somalia, they didn't only celebrate in Puntland you know. They also celebrated i the rest of Somalia, except for Mogadishu and Somaliland cities, because they feel defeated and humiliated by some crazy way.

Some see it as their best hope for peace and unity of Somalia, some see it as an extension of a particular Somali tribe's traditional domination over the other Somali tribes. That's tragic!

LANDER   

Originally posted by Nugaali:

Either way, one election done, another to go: as in the U.S. Nov. 2 election. I'm rooting for the Bush/Cheney ticket.

Bush/Cheney huh? First it was "Jews are the most discriminated against in history" and therefore that somehow justifies the occupation of Palestine and now your cheerleading for the neo-cons? I'm curious as to exactly what benefit you are to gain from these cowboys?