Sign in to follow this  
ScarFace

Predicament

ScarFace   

I have this problem when it comes to somali especially the ones that cant speak a lot of english....My lines are perfect when it comes to chatting a gurl...2 perfect but the problem is when I see a nice looking gurl that cant speak english well..... she speaks another foreign langauge and we have to engage in somali.....

Dont get me wrong my somali is perfect but its not that good when it comes to talking to a gurl in somali......SO WHAT should I practice my somali chat up lines........OR roll with the jajab somali lines.....

This happend to me about 2wice now gettin fed up with it.......gettin lost for words aint a good thing......

ANYONE of you's know how to brush up your somali macaanto lines..... :D:D

^^ :D:D Dude..direct translation...direct translation...bratha

For example

you are hot = waa kulushahay

baby boo = cunugta xaar

dreamy eyes/ angel eyes = indho riyo ah ama malaa'ik

my heart melts = qalbiga waa dhalaalaa :D

Do you get my drift Brah?? whaddakannasay, I am a nice guy always ready to assist!

Jiiris

Lost-One   

My best advice is not to bother if you're just looking to use chat up lines. REALLY! :rolleyes:

Zu for your own sake I hope you never tried those chat up lines, if you can call it that.

Refer back to the topic about wanting to get to know a girl.

Originally posted by ScarFace:

SO WHAT should I practice my somali chat up lines........OR roll with the jajab somali lines.....

90% of all communication is non-verbal (I'm not making this up!), did you knew that? This suggests effective communication is best done non-verbally.

So things like smiles, winks, body language/posture, leering looks will do the trick more often than not.

Mowgli   

baby boo = cunugta xaar

say that to a sister and simply wait for the dacas to hit ya across the head

*wonders when zu became so xaasid*

ScarFace   

Legend of Zu loool BRAV cunugta xaar aaa man thats a big no no.. I will make sure i never use that.... :D you are hot = waa kulushahay she will be thinkin wtf am I sweatin..... that was jokes I cant stop laughin... :D

Lost one its not about chat up lines...was talkin about keeping up convvo..... how do you keep a convo in somali when your with a gurl....my convo ends in about 2/3 mins in somali....even tho my somali isnt that poor........

Socod_badne I see you Mr Hitch now......ok mr hitch now pass the smiles, winks what about the next time you link up......even tho the gurl cant speak a word of english.....wait Maybe i will do the winks and smiles all over again..... :D

I try to mix my somali/english.....

STOIC   

Scarface, I feel your guilty misdemeanor of violating the Somali language. We actually think with words. I used to think in Swahili and then flip it in Somali. Thanks to Qurabaha now I can communicate effectively without the damn Swahili. My advice is like SB said use non-verbal communication. If she flips her hair in front of you, say two nice words about her hair in Somali. Never ever regress back by weighting the words you just said since this would be a hard way to move forward with the discussion. Victor Hugo once said, “When a woman is speaking to you, listen to what she says with her eyesâ€. Voice is only, but a tiny portion of your communication. Your non-verbal communication says something about your intention. Do not despair saaxib, the door is still wide open

Nephissa   

Try these:

If I were your Dirac, I'd be close to your heart!

Quick, somebody call the cops, you just stole my heart!

Canugaan aloo micneeyo ^ that.

hodman   

^^ ok I will macnays for him

If I were your Dirac, I'd be close to your heart!

Hadaan diracaaga gashan lahaa qalbigaagaan u dhowaan lahaa :D

Quick, somebody call the cops, you just stole my heart!

I dhaqsada oo askarta iigu yeera waxay iga xaday qalbigii :D

Languages when directly translated don't work. These two lines might not get you the dacas hitting you but they would certainly make her think you need some serious help.

Originally posted by Abaadir:

Try this....

Yareey qolomaad tahay or

LOL. You can never go wrong with that question, however just make sure when you ask her this you get real close to her and whisper like you are telling a secret. Also hand gestures lots of them is good. And say easy english sentences real slow with emphasis on key words and try your best to translate them into Somali.....And don't forget to say wallahay often or she will think you are lying. You are welcome.

Lost-One   

Scarface you're probably aware that in the UK all these ciyaal suuq "wag wan" boys think it's fashionable to be a faraax all a sudden. So if I were you I'd take some tips from them, I've heard lines like:

"Numbarkada igu taabo"

"Soocad macaan" - I wasn't a little confused about that one.

"Inadero" - yeah you know when a total stranger says that to you...he's trying it.

Or just "Maaaashallah!" loool in all honesty I wouldn't try any of them. smile.gif