Sign in to follow this  
guraad

Puntland Salutes Great Somali Flag .

The flag was created by a Puntlander, Haji C****i Liiban.

The five points are the five somali colonial regions the colours represent us.

So get a grip and stop insulting our flag, jelousy becomes you.

RaMpAgE   

western..As far as i heard the somali flag wasn't created by a single man, the idea came from different people but one man put the ideas together.

salam.

Gediid   

Rampage

Can you please say who they were or for that matter if anyone has an idea please let us know.

Thanks

RaMpAgE   

Heres the story of the somali flag......

1949, the assembly of the United Nations decided that Somalia would be under the former Italian colonial power as a trusteeship territory for ten years. There were three other governments who were member of united nations commission that was sent to Somalia and were sent as advisory council of the trusteeship administration of Somalia. They were Egypt, the Philippines and Columbia. In April, 1950 the Italian trusteeship administration took over power of Somalia,and the British military administration left Somali During the early months of 1954, the legislative council had been formed by the Italian trusteeship administration and advisory council of the United Mations. The members of the legislative council were composed Somalis, Italians. Arabs and Indians. They had to prepare all laws and legislation concerning the country the ten years of trusteeship territory of the United Nations. The members were not elected,but each political party, foreign community or any other recognized organizations had to select members who were representative the above mentioned organizations.

Mr. Mohammed ****e Liban had been selected by the Somali labor trade union. Then members suggested the the Somalia national flag must be adapted by the legislative council in order that the somalia people get to know their National Flag before independence. So the program of the legislative council agenda reached to be discussed the Somali National Flag. Mr. Liban had proposed that only the somali members should discuss the issue of their own Flag. According to the legislative councils constitution each new proposal had to be voted on by the Legislative council members. Mr liban succeeded his suggestion.while members of legislative councils which now only Somalis. They choose the chairman for Mr. Sheik Omar. Then the temporary new chairman said that the agenda will debate the next day. Therefore Mr. liban went home and started to design the Flag. Of course he had chosen a blue color and the middle was a white star.however, each point of the white star would represent the five Somalia regions, which were divided by the colonial powers.

The next morning the session started around 10:30. However, when the chairman had opened the session Mr. Liban had requested to the chairman to give him a chance to speak, the chairman allowed him. He stood up in front of legislative council members and stretched out on his chest the blue Flag with a white star in the middle. therefore as he kept on stretching on his chest, then one of the Somali members applauded and cheered while clapping for five minutes. The Somalia temporary chairman had made short speech in which he mentioned the greatness and ability of Mr. Liban whose talent had produced such a beautiful Flag less then 24 hours.

Mr. Mohammed ****e Liban said the blue color stands the United Nations who help us to reach our dream of independence; white means peace and prosperity; the star is the five regions of Somali.

Ps. alot of the ideas was discused before he drew the flag. The was a genius . smile.gif

Baashi   

Gediid,

The designer of the flag was Marxuum Mohamed Cawaale Liibaan. He was the sole designer of our flag. Unconditional acceptance of the idea of this Greater Somalia proponent by both colonies is another testimony the 'Pan-Somalist' we once were. There were several other ideas around. They were rejected on the grounds that they had colonial symbols embeded in their design.

Former governments had not properly given him the recognition he deserved. During the civil war, he was injured (just cuz he was PL-er) in Mogadishu by misguided clannish youngesters in a looting rampage. Old and homesick, M. C. Liibaan died in Toronto in 2001.

Baashi   

Amiin. He needs du'aa more than anything else for the day of judgement patriotism, nationalism, and other -isms have no weight in ur Camal.

India   

Baashi

come again?

The Flag was designed by a Putlander?

Is that what you jsut said?

walahi

Of all the claims I heard here this one just takes the cake!!

I shall leave in disgust.

peace

Dusty

For your info the flag was designed in Burco and by a lander too ---but now you all gonna tell me otherwise I suppose.

Rakim   

For your info the flag was designed in Burco and by a lander too ---but now you all gonna tell me otherwise I suppose.

This is the funniest thing that I ever heard..This is what exactly happens when your brain is manipulated and filled with false information to the point of out of reality.

Every true and "real" Somalis know The one who invented the blue Somali flag and it was none other than but Cawaale Liibaan. Actually, I met him when he was living near at Jane/Wilson in Toronto..I happened to be part his funeral ceremony( alla u naxariisto)

how the flag story happened was long but there were more than 20 guys who took part of that drama and each of them was asked to bring one with a clever meaning. The one Cawaale Liibaan brought happened to be the chosen one. We should appreciate and not hate or dare to deny his work.

Whether you like it or not he's from the great-Puntland state.

Xalimo7   

Oh Brother Bashi and the rest of you, i have learned a lot today, i didn't have a clue about our own somali flag. and may god bless his soul, now that we have put to rest about who and why and when about the blue flag. Let's move on the Somalilander Flag(sole star) . Any one shed a light on it who designed, i hear it was designed by a Saudi Prince , is that so , or that is just a joke to humiliate Somalilanders(sole star).

see you, am around dude

Gabbal   

Angel Dust, Sami-girl you really disgust me sister. I have never seen someone who hates the very thought of Somalinimo more than you do.

"A "somalilander" designed this, or a non-"somalilander" can't design this, and other ludicrious suggestions." :rolleyes:

Get a grips girl, what's up with you? Ingenuity and creativity has nothing to do with what region you're from.

You would be perfect if you were born 50 years ago when there was colonialism, since that's what you have, a colonial-era mentality. :(

So disgusting and sad, really.

HORNAFRQUE

why dont you put your side of the arguement forward rather then trying to insult a girl. i am sure your mature enough to learn that insulting a girl is done only by imbeciles and ignoranaciuos un-educated juveniles

HORNAFRQUE

why dont you put your side of the arguement forward rather then trying to insult a girl. i am sure your mature enough to learn that insulting a girl is done only by imbeciles and ignoranaciuos un-educated juveniles