Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

To wear or not wear make-up?

pearl   

somali chick...sis i see what ur trying to say but you got it all wrong. this is not am right and ur wrong thing here so dont get offended when i tell u that.

so are u telling us that wearing kohl or eye liner which the prophet used to wear is haram. please dont jump to the barrel and label everything as either haram or halal. all the things you mentioned in the hadith is not haram in of itself. when combined with other things it becomes haram such as wearing perfume in the presence of men who are not ur mehram.

Warmoog   

Wait a sec... pearl, are you saying Prophet Muhammad (saw) wore kohl/eyeliner? What part of the Hadith or Qur'an did you get that from? I'm aware he used heena to dye his beard, etc, but I've never heard of this eyeliner thing. Anyway, I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking you... but I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd please give me a reference of some sort. Thanks.

Salaamz.

Senora   

well, I've never heard of make-up being haraam, but I could be wrong, so Somali-Chick, i would greatly appreciate it if you could try and support that with something..

What ever happened to natural beauty? Has it become extinct like the dino's?

Going natural is wonderful , and you can say that its all about being comfortable with yourself......but unfortunately, I sometimes deal with unwanted blemishes that I would rather have covered up ( at least in public!!)

I dont have any evidence...but it seems to be a well-known fact that men used to wear kohl in most ancient eastern cultures inc Arabs. I think even now, the Arab bediouns (sp) still wear it in the rural, desert areas.

Tuujiye   

I LIKE THIS TOPIC SAX....

HORTA WAA LA IDIN SALAAMAY WILI MEEL ALA MEESHAA JECESHIHIIN BAA LA IDINKA SALAAMAY SAX.

PEOPLE THERE IS NATHING WRONG WITH A MAKE UP. IS NOT HARAM AND THERE WAS NATHING THAT WAS SAID ABOUT MAKE-UP BEING HARAM SAX DHAHA. KOOW.

BUT IT IS HARAM FOR A MAN TO WEAR MAKE-UP KOOW DHAHA AMA AQASH DHAHA.

BUT TO ME I THINK A SOMALI WOMAN DON'T NEED ANY MAKE UP BECAUSE Y'ALL HAVE A NATURAL BEAUTY AND WITH OUT ANY CONTEST ARE THE QUEENS OR THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN AFRICA.SAX DHAHE HADE.YAA.

MOST AFRO AMERICAN WOMEN TRY THEIR BEST TO LOOK LIKE Y'ALL AND THE SAD THING IS Y'ALL TRYING TO LOOK LIKE THEM. JANET JACKSON HAD 13 PLASTIC SERGERIES AND BEYOUNSY IF THAT HOW YOU SAY HER NAME ARE ALL TRYING TO LOOK LIKE Y'ALL. I WOULD TELL YOU GUY TO SHOW OFF OUR CULTURE AND THE NOMAD WAYS OF A REAL SOMALI WOMAN SO THESE AFRO AMERICAN CHICKS COULD ACT LIKE Y'ALL..

AND ABOUT THE EYE LINER, PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN THE DESERT USE THIS BECAUSE IS GOOD FOR THE EYES SINCE THERE IS TOO MUCH SAND THAT HELPS ALOT.

ANY WAYS I HOPE Y'ALL UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAID. KOW DHAHA. EE WAA SIDAA IYO NAMAD GALYO YAA.

Delilah   

Asalamu Alaykum,

Well i looked around, and i thought there was a hadith that talked about make-up being haram, but sad to say, but i couldn't find one; but i did however, find a qu'ran source. If you guys read surat NUR, you will see what i am talking about. It says that women should not beautify themselves when they are going outside, but should, however, beautify themselves for their husbands, brothers, and father ( nothing sexual meant be the brother and father thing....). And although its true that the PROPHET did wear eye liner, that doesn't give precedence for women to wear it aswell. I mean the guy also grew a beard, how come y'all ain't using that as an excue to grow one yourselfs.

But whatever, i did my part in infroming you guys on the issue, take it as you wish!!!!!! :D

Kruella   

If, When, How, Why? These are all questions we must answer on an individual basis when it comes to wearing makeup. So far there is no hadith that deals with this issue specifically because in truth it's not something that can bring down or destroy your imam (depending on the circumstances).But let's face it, IT IS something that one wears to attract the eye of people might they be men or women. It's something that is Extensively used by western women to advertise themselves it's a unique characteristics of kaafir woman, in which case it is not permissible because it involves imitating them.

In truth I feel that Makeup itself is as superficial as the layers of that goowy stuff called foundation. Does it make you feel good when you wear it ? Then by all means go for it and enjoy the feeling and that surge in confidence. But Au naturel is always the best way to go.

When asked about makeup this is what Imam Muhammad al-Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen

Making herself beautiful for her husband is one of the things that a woman should do. The more beautiful a woman looks for her husband, the more that will make him love her and that will create harmony between them. This is one of the objectives of sharee’ah, so if the makeup makes her look more beautiful and does not harm her, there is nothing wrong with that.

Salamz