Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

To wear or not wear make-up?

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum,

Foundation, mascaras, eye-liners,powder,lipsticks:

these items are so strange to me smile.gif ,to be honest Im not a big fan of putting on make-up , the thought of my face covered with these make me cringe and I dont even know why.

I often wondered how it felt like to have make-up on , I tried it on couple times(when I was younger,I even put nail polish on my lips instead of lipsticks,oh boy it hurt!) and I didnt like it ,not because I looked like a christmas tree :D:D but because I felt unconfortable.

I went to some weddings and you guys might laugh but I only put on lipsticks,nothing else,still ,

it was too much for me, I was constantly licking my lips to erase the lipstick. icon_razz.gif

Of course ,dont get me wrong,putting on make-up sometimes ,isnt wrong but having your face covered everyday,must be hell!!! ;)

I like to keep things simple,because to me being beautiful is being yourself , however , I dont mind make-up enhancing your beauty.But I think its not meant for me ,lol.Unless I use it to trick my future husband to do all the cleaning and cooking,lol.

So to all sisters,what role does make-up play in your life? Are you the type of girls who love to wear it all the time ,sometimes or hate it like me? Share your experiences ,for the make-up files,Im agent bambina.Ciao.

*****eykum salaam,

well sis, aniga uma badni make up'ka, waqtiba uma haayo subixi waan kallahaa. i do put some make up on the day I'm meeting HIM, and most defenetly when im going to the wedding. thats a MUST.

U gotta be carefull with the make u see, the more u use it the more its going to affect your skin.

PS. choose carefully the products, make sure it has been tested on humans before u use it.

I don't mind make-up. Typical day I can just live on MAC powder/foundation and tinted lipgloss. It's more about the hair for me than makeup.

Bambina, if you've never used foundation or powder, I wouldn't recommend you to. If you don't like lipstick (like me) then lipglosses are much lighter and conforms to your lipcolor a bit. Mascara is a bit much, but eyeliners are the shidh!

Kool_Kat   

I love putting on Make up...Whether it is Morning for work, or if I am going out to a party, club, or wedding...

But it is not something I have to do every morning when going to work...I can go to work with out it, but at least I would have to put on a lipstick or lipgloss...

If I am going out, then it is totally different story...At that time I put my make up on with passion...But I like to look natural with my make up on...You know, I use very soft color eye shodows, light lipstick/gloss, mascara...Sometimes, may be a blush...

MAC is my fav for powder/foundation...Lancom has the best mascara...

Miriam1   

Ahh...makeup I use to be big on the mascara, lip gloss, Mac powder, eye concealer, blush, eye liner..the works lol..

But its a simple realization...why cover urself up..are u not good enough..the way u are?...why be a clown? (personally) anyway..at the end up it was only the concealer that was left...due to a bad history of an unbalanced complexion!

I suggest u never go near makeup as the other posters mentioned..if u fall for it becomes an obbession

Salama smile.gif

I can't believe some ppl are actually knocking make-up. :eek:

Make-up must be the best man-made invention on earth. That's not to say you should shovel it on by the truck-load, but rather use it more sparingly. I personally can't live without my eye-liner and lip-gloss. As for concealers, I would luv to have some, but I can never find one to match my complexion.

I say to the anti-make-up crowd...Hands off our make-up! icon_razz.gif

Warmoog   

To wear or not to wear...

Honestly, I'm not a big fan heavy duty of make-up. Normally, when I'm going to school and stuff I keep it minimal and almost non-existent on my face (only lipstick/lipgloss and maybe eyeliner). So I do put some on, but not much. The rest I use on special occasions... but since I don't party or go clubbin' those are few and far in between. Chapstick! Now that's my addiction.

Salaamz.

Macalin   

Yes I like MakeUp :D

One thing tho'..EyeLiner=Indhakuuul? or the one Where they put those crazy colors ontop the EYES?..i don get it....some of yalls look weired in makeUP :mad:

Originally posted by disillusioned-N-despondent:

As for concealers, I would luv to have some, but I can never find one to match my complexion.

Best foundations/concealors for coloured people : MAC, Iman, and Bobby Brown (I've heard people say this is good, but never tried it).

If im attending a wedding then i can see myself wearing makeup...but on a daily basis? nop...

vaselin leen faruuraha marsadaa and off i go...

The thing that holds me back is finding the right outfit of the day :D

i like the idea of make up than accually wearing it... last year i spent some money on a make up kit to kinda teach myself to be more girly and see if i could do anything cool w/it, but it just sat on my dressing table for my lil cousins to come by and play w/ whenever they were over... the weird part is, because i have this make-up case on my dressing table i think theyre beggining to think i lead a dual life of some sorts cause im the girl who wasnt allowed to wear nail polish in high school and who basically didnt care cause i was such a tom boy.

Delilah   

i'm sorry but i seemed to be missing something here, i was taught putting on make-up on was haram!!!!!! HARAM, HARAM, HARAM!!!!!! tsk tsk tsk :D

pearl   

Originally posted by somali_chick:

i'm sorry but i seemed to be missing something here, i was taught putting on make-up on was haram!!!!!! HARAM, HARAM, HARAM!!!!!! tsk tsk tsk
:D

where on earth did u get that from?

Cheeta   

To the sisters who wear makeup know that one day early morning when you wake up with your hair disheveled and your face looking like something the cat dragged in, dont be so suprised if your man doesnt recognize you. I sure as hell dont want to wake up next to you.

I just love me some natural sisters who rely only on kohl to beautify their big brown eyes.

What ever happened to natural beauty? Has it become extinct like the dino's?

Delilah   

ok please tell me that u guys know that wearing make-up is haram!!!!! I mean surely ur parents must have informed you about that part of the religion!!! Some of you guys might say there is nothing wrong with wearing make-up, but if truth be told its totally haram. It changes your whole

appearance; now don’t sit there and tell me it doesn’t, cuz if it didn’t there wouldn’t be a reason for wearing it in the first place. It is written in the that you’re not suppose to wear it along with wearing perfumes, shoes that make noises ( ie. heels), PANTS, and etc. I don’t know the hadith, or at least which it is, but my mom does and when she comes back I will give you guys the exact references. I doubt the people who are talking about make-up actually, and I mean actually wear a hijab. That’s what’s wrong with Somalis these days: you hardly ever see them acting/dressing like Muslims and that goes both ways ( both females and males)!!!!! God help you all!!!! :D