galbeedi

The extension of two years to Muuse Biixi by clan elders is illegal and must be rejected.

galbeedi   

In Somaliland,  after 30 years , everything reverted to clan hegemony.  They used to call tribal democracy ( Dimoqraadiyada Beelaysan). Every clan and sub clan approached the party leader asked for him to run for that said party. If the sub clan couldn't get a slot for their son ( women do not need to apply since the clan is rapresented and there is no one single woman in parliament), they will seek the permission of another one. After the election is concluded, if the sub clan wins the seat, the member of parliament serves the clan and votes for those who paid him or the clans he favors. Not to his party. That is the rule.

Members of parliament do not vote for their parties or party lines they represent. In other words, the political party was just a symbol used to reach the parliament. At the moment, the Somaliland opposition parties control the majority of the seats or 62% of the current seats. Yet, they can't frame the agenda of Somaliland, the election time table, the yearly budget or the future debate of elections. Members of UCID and Wadani who belong to the sub clans of Muuse Biixi had consistently voted against their own party in favor of Biixi. For the last 12 years  not one single iten of the budget was refused or modified at the behest of the parliament. IN fact, they are inactive for the whole five-year term except when the dear leader wants them to pass his preferred item. 

The dysfunction of the system is clear for everyone to see. When disputes arise, usually they call the clans or elders to mediate, when people are arrested by a minister, a police captain, governor or even a mayor without a warrant or court, the elders and clans interdict between the clan and the president. THey beg the dear leader and ask him to let go their son since the arrested fellow is his maternal nefew of the president (Madaxweyne  wiilka abti baad u tahaye siidaa ).

When there is constitutional disputes or arguments the parliament who has powers couldn't legislate a resolution. THe so-called supreme court is a one-man jury appointed by the dear leader after his election while dismissing the old one. There is no deliberation or debate. Last month I read the verdict of the Kenyan Supreme court on the challenge of election results by the losing candidate Raila Odinga, and I was amazed how they were well versed to the law, responsible and logical. Even the language they used was the highest caliber. When they were ruling about the resignation of the four members of  the election commission just hours before the result were announced, the court said, " You cannot disqualify the votes casted by millions of Kenyans due to the the last minute actions of  the commission , rather it is the reflections of the dysfunctions of the commission not the people of Kenya".

The parliament is the highest body in terms of legislating the time of the election, yet usually, the election commission who is a technical body decides when the election will be held. Muuse Biixi insists that he is not the who decides when the election is held. He supposed to prepare the election during the time line. THe commission said they will be able to the election in 9 months which could be the next summer. Yet this unelected clan body called Guurti rejected the will of the clan elected parliament, the suggestions of the election commission and decided without futher debate to extend two more years for the term of Ina Biixi.

The Somaliland law is very clear on the issue of government extension. It can only be extended due to war, drought or natural calamity. None of that is the case, yet it took them just one signle dayand siad, " we extended for two years for our Gole and that of the president". It is illegal and it must be rejected. This unelected Guurti who are sitting in that chamber for 30 years must be abolished and disbanded. How long it takes in a peaceful region to register voters? probably 90 days.

What most people don't understand is that the Borama Conefernce of 1993 was to save the communities from anarchy and more civil war due to the actions of the current leaders Ina Biixi and Ina Kaahin among the warring members . They were members of SNM warlords who ravaged from Burco to Berbera and Hargeisa. How can these outlaws who were marginalized by Cigaal,  Rayaale and even Ahmed Siilaanyo got to power.  Peole will tell you that since Hersi Gaab was elected leader of WAdani in support of candidate Cirro, Muuse and company had lost their head. THis move by Hirsi has changed the 30 years old staus quo which ally's certain clans to be alliances against the other. The city of Burco is divided along clan lines since 1991, and the east want joins forces those from Hargeisa west. Suddenly this tribal alliance had cracked and some east Burco decided to join the opposition, and that is dangerous for those who want to hold power while dividing clans. That was the main reason the war in Ceel Afweyn lasted for five years with no resolution.

WE the people of Somaliland want the 4.5 system. It is the only real clan-based system that can operate in this clan-based environment. 

No one would accept a one-party system in Somaliland. The corrupt kulmiye would be ruling 14 years thanks to the illegal Guurti extension, and if the field is fragmented as planned , he want to win another five. THat is 21 years just like the Kacaankii October.  The Kacaanka Barakaysan built a nation, secured the border, provided free education and clean water. This group of leaders who were corrupt in the eighties are greedy now and own millions worth of land and assets while Jaale Siyaad died broke with zero money in the bank.

THis power grab by Biixi must be rejected by the people of Somaliland. The second move should be to abolish both Guurti and the parliament and elect members through 4.5 system which is fairer and more honest than this fake political parties sitting in the parliament. It is a sad situation that after 30 years, the whole debate was reduced to clans voting and elders deciding the outcome.  Yet, people will tell you that deep clan attachment was there in the north than anywhere else in Somalia. People will tell you that even in 1960 days before the British left, the 33 elected members of parliament were divided along clan lines before they even reached Mogadishu. Like incompetent manager, you can go as far as your incompetence allows you , but the laws of the nature will finally catch you up. 

A friend of mine wo was a member of WAdani party years ago told me in 2019 that Muuse Biixi is copying and modelling the Somaliland system to that of OMar Gheele of Djibouti and want to rule 20 years. I told him that Somaliland isn't Djibouti and if the opposition are not accommodated to take their turn this fake democracy will explode. It is the nature of multi party political system to let the opposition breath and take their turns ( Mucaaradka hadaan albaabka laga furin burbur baa xiga). 

Furthermore, the so called international community that travels from Hargeisa to Nairobi every other month must reject this power grab. You are partially responsible since you finance these elections and guide the system. You will bear some of the responsibility if you don't stop stop this illegal action.

Furthermore, these two colonels were always incompetent even in the early days of nineteen eighties. Ina Kaahin was promoted so quickly within few years he went from captain to colonel. He was personal informant for general Salxaan in Hargeisa enjoying big perks and comfotable life as the close asscociate of Salxaan like many northern officers who relocated to Hargeisa.  And went the later was transfered, the new general told him that his services were no longer needed and was transferred to Mogadishu. Since he couldn't get his cushy job of Hargeisa where the Qat sessions were unlimited, he felt homeless and disgruntled. Like spoiled boy he got mad and crossed to Ethiopia. It might seem so strange for many of you guys, but in those days, if you feel slanted or certain commander or boss wrongs, joining the Mengistu inspired rebels was the easy way out.

Let me tell you this brief story about a rich businessman who used to travel out of the county for business. After few trips , he found out that his wife has been unfaithful with a government connected guy. Rather than divorce the lady or remedy the situation, he crossed to Ethiopia and claimed his wife was taken by another man. Most of These rebels were disgruntled , angry and short fused Somalis who went from one minor problem to major disaster. In fact, those that were wronged are not with us any longer might Allah have a mercy on them, but and they were small in numbers. 

I don't want to be sidetracked by unrelated issue, but these men were the reasons many people died.  Why we have to deal these warlords in 2022. No one in Puntland of south Somalia will appreciate the return of old washed-up former rebels.

THe people must insist on the election within 6 months and until that takes place must be opposed by this new gang who want to rule for another 7 years or more.

Surely extension is bad for the somaliland democracy how ever every one knows that muuse biixi is good for somaliland and better then the opposition. That’s why no one cared  about the two years ina rayaale siilaanyo both had two years extra as it happend it became part of the. Somaliland culture now . Now you galbeedi tell me do you support the opposition groups wadani or ucid to rule somaliland and if you do how are they fundamentally different in ideology then kulmiye . Are they far right or left or pro walanweyn or what ever.  People in wadani are alll ex wadani. Xirsi xildhibaan wabeeye abib timacad xamarji  and only ismaciil yare is from the era of udub now tell me how will ex kulmiye bring change to somaliland strange isn’t it 

galbeedi   

Xaaji I support the opposition not only fir the sake of change, but for the rule of law to survive. They were the opposition during Ahmed Siilaanyo and waited five years to contest this one. Now without any debate they extended foe two years. That is clear power grab. Rayaale had extensions, but all were due to logistical issue of registration and commissions issue. Siilaanyo was due to drought and was accepted by the opposition. One year would have been logical, but two years is power grab. 

I have other reasons, but I know you would accuse Wadani as pro union. . 

2 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Xaaji I support the opposition not only fir the sake of change, but for the rule of law to survive. They were the opposition during Ahmed Siilaanyo and waited five years to contest this one. Now without any debate they extended foe two years. That is clear power grab. Rayaale had extensions, but all were due to logistical issue of registration and commissions issue. Siilaanyo was due to drought and was accepted by the opposition. One year would have been logical, but two years is power grab. 

I have other reasons, but I know you would accuse Wadani as pro union. . 

Thé extension were going to happen one way or the other but u could say siilaanyo could also have one year the drought was only during the last year the most in 2015 there was no drought 

either way if you concur that   They won’t bro change then why on earth would u support the opposition  I don’t get that or are u just by nature just mucaraad   Also u didn’t answer my question if kulmiye and wadani don’t differ on ideology why would u support one and oppose the other 

ducale easy on the clan bashing   Duriyadu are one and the same and grx is soul and spirit and strength and the most important pillar of Somaliland .

i predict that  ina axmed mooge abdikarim will be president that guy has high aspirations and ambition and he is very popular with the people 

The election issue is done and dusted. Everyone will get into line sooner or later. 

In fact, rumour has it that Waddani Party is onboard. It makes sense for Cirro as Faysal was a spoiler in the last Presidential elections. A single candidate for West Burco/South Hargeisa is a win. Faysal needs to look for other postings, he could make a good chairman of the Guurti as Saleebaan recently indicated that he would step down as soon as the current political instability settled down. 

All in all, the extension is a technical extension will not even be 2 years. As the Electoral Commission put forward, they need 9 months to get everything ready. 

You cannot compare Farmaajo's fluke 2 year extension of which he had no idea even if he got 2 years how he could hold an election given the FMS opposing him. It was a very desparate acrobatic move which backfired on his face spectacularly.  

The extension approved by Guurti is a technical extension - the elections will take place  - just needs time to get all the ducks lined up.

Besides, there is no one that is able to force Somaliland to change its course. Somaliland doesn't take orders from anyone. Even the World Bank have found that out after we rejected their money.

The victim mentality (Siyaad,  outside forces coming to grt them) has gluid Habraha for years, it had a good run,  but as time goes , they are waking up to reality 

17 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

The victim mentality (Siyaad,  outside forces coming to grt them) has gluid Habraha for years, it had a good run,  but as time goes , they are waking up to reality 

What are you talking about you? It is the beacon of hope and the greatest democracy the world has ever seen where three dozen un-elected old men can arbitarily extend terms including theirs.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

10 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

What are you talking about you? It is the beacon of hope and the greatest democracy the world has ever seen where three dozen un-elected old men can arbitarily extend terms including theirs.

We held. Two parliament elections. Four local elections. Three president elections all one man one vote . How many elections did u guys held in that god forsaken bunker. These are facts 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 2

22 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Typical mentality of of those who consume too much social media. :D

Reality on the ground is polar opposite on what is said on social media. Don't read too much into Somaliland's cut-throat politics. Those who are going at each other on Social Media are the same folks who are sipping tea the next minute. We roll difference sxb. 

On 10/3/2022 at 6:27 AM, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

We held. Two parliament elections. Four local elections. Three president elections all one man one vote . How many elections did u guys held in that god forsaken bunker. These are facts 

That means nothing if a bunch of un-elected octogenarians can arbitrarily extend Muse's term by 2 years. And I don't blame Muse, that was the case with Siiraanyo and Daahir. It is a tradition.

galbeedi   

IF they are holding elections, the Guurti election should be the first one since they are unaccoutable to no body. THey extended 5 years for vthemselves and two for Muuse. 

Saleebaan Gaal: Waar maxaynu yeelaa muran baa jiree?

Guurti: Muuse muxuu ku yidhi?

MuuseL : Khater baan geleynaaye hadaan la ii kordhin?

SG: OO adna laba sano ayaad rabtaa anagana Guurtidu doorasho ha gasho ayaad leedahay.

Muuse: Bal Saleebaanow ka waran hadaad 2 sano oo aniga iyo 5 guurti ah ka dhigto?

SG: Warkaas ayaa i gala.

Che, during Rayaale there were disputes about the commission and voter list.And Ahmed Siilaanyo said he wasn't coming back so, both Cirro and Muuse agreed since he was vacating the place.

Talk about democracy is useless..

It looks Muuse will take his 7 years and leave the arena, that is the only thing acceptable to the opposition. I would sujjest change the useless Dastuur and make it one single term of 6 years just like MExico and some other places where the leader refuses to leave. The big deference is in Somaliland leaders refuse to hold elections.