Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

We have failed and we need a rethink....

Farah Brown, adeer yes I left Somalia as a child but it never left me. How many articles have you wrote for Somalia and how many poems have you composed for it? It is my true passion and love, but that’s another story.

As for Puntland it’s not an enclave but a major part of Somalia 1/3 of its land mass and over 800 KM of its shore line. Puntland needs new blood, fresh ideas and tough love, it does not need to be rethought.

My main thinking now if how to get the Diaspora to invest directly into Puntland, my plan is for village to village, and how to build a new vibrant state that defends its weak. It needs more farms, more small scale factories. It needs a grassroots movement for change, in the sense that elections must be held and competent people must take over the power of the state.

The Duke doctrine is simple, Somalia is for Somali’s and they must help themselves.

Duke. I'm glad you are past "my village is better than your village" stage, and realised that we are all in the same predicament-sufferin g from chronic qabyaalad, blessed with incompatent leadership, burdened with indifferent masses, besieged by poverty and hunger, and easily preyed on upon by foriegn entities. A way to redemption is realising we have problem that's common to all!

Again Che, my home town of Burtinle is better than anyone else’s, that’s beside the point for this discussion. The issue is about progress and we need to think of ways for the solution.

I know you and Farah brown are afflicted with the anti Puntland issue that’s not important dear lads. Puntland/Somaliland is not going anywhere. They need to refine their administrations and develop locally based solutions.

Again mere talk and Duke sniping nothing new from our venerable “nationalists”

bilan   

Thanks Duke, do not listen to these people they just want to argue with you, why does he need to give up PL? :confused: if everyone thought about their tuulo/city etc and worked for its development, then Somalia as a whole would have been better off.

Thankful   

I don't like how the Somali governemnt and Puntland admin are staying quiet about the piracy and not taking control of the media and showing what they are doing to fight piracy. Every news website and every new agency is talking about pirates right now and always mention how it has no government and is lawless. When in fact the jails are full of pirates and there has been ships freed by force. Every time I turn on the t.v the news mentions the pirates as a top story. Having all these experts speaking against it. But i'm not seeing any somali/puntland government officials countering claims that nothing is being done and that things are in fact not lawless and there is a government. I'm sure things are definitely being done behind the scenes however they must focus on diplomacy and foreign relations.

Duke..The point here is there are things bigger than you and your precious little tuulo. I'm glad you come to realise and you would hopefully work for the greater good.

^^^No need to preach everyone's tuulo should be precious and on their mind. Thats nothing to be ashamed of.

Again we differ in that, I belive if everyone develops their tuulo there would be less poverty and dependence on the NGO's or the state itself.

duke,

well done. first time i agree with you.

somalia is suffering because the educated diaspora is selfish and the uneducated are busy killing themselves in somalia.

we need nationalism plain and simple.

xland is not the future. u cant develop a tuulo if you dont have a solid country.

pland boyz think that they can develop tuulos with pirate money or sland boyz would believe that they can build their tuulos with disapora money. that aint gonna work, since a tuulo cant defend itself. a tuulo cant defend itself from thugs...its just like an open market for thugs.

only as one country somalis can prosper if they unite. otherwise, they will 4ever be a joke of planet earth as they are now.

together we standup or divided....we fall forever!

Somali-Pirate: The only real solution is micro development. Every village, every town, should be developed and jobs created.

If you have farms in village X, and fish in village Y, this will help create jobs. The Diaspora for Village X should pool their money for Schools, wells, and clinics.

If the clan competition is focused on development and not "technicals" then things will change. People fed and clothed will have little appetite to fight.

This is a concept I am trying to develop, how to turn the energy of the Diaspora from reactionary negative issues of clan warfare into developmental and positive ones.

dukey,

the diaspora is quite useless. apart from sending money for their familes and building their own stuff they have no concept of building the nation.

what the nation first needs a system of stable governance.

we need a strong central government.

we need a police

we an army, navy and air force to protect out country and our resources.

somalis need peace and stability first. lawn and order. then we can have micro development as somalis will be better able to develop the country.

the country will also get foreign investment as a result.

It all starts from stability of government and functioning state