Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Advice Needed!

Haaruun   

I don't really undersatnd the reason why Somali graduated women look down to brothers who unfortunatelly have no or less education....How many brothers with PHds are married to sisters that are striaght from Baadiyo...

Tell her to follow her heart.

king_450   

Flying S, i re-read this posting again and here is what i came up, i think the cousin is " You" and the degree part is you in love with another gentlemen ,& don't know how tell your poor Cousin , and you are trying to disguise and confuse us, lol is that what you doing to us, plz Flying S, go ahead take the man and happy ending.And remember do invite me.

Xafsa   

loool king.. you got jokes huh?... If that was me I would've said it was me...no need to hide that fact. I can only wish that I was doing my Phd instead of my masters....but insha alaah I will get there!!!

1luv

bilan   

salaam

haaruun is not looking down, but the man is father he is responsible for everything that needs money, man can marry less educated woman as long as she can take care of her household. but let's say the woman is the one who provides for the family,because he is not educated hence he can not afford to rent house in a safe neighborhood, he can not afford to send his children to nice islamic school, so here he needs her money but who is going to pay bills when she is pregnant and can not work, who is going to pay bills if she decides to stay home and take care for her family, as we live in a society that are are against our religion,isn't that her first responsibilty. so in my opinion it is not looking down but thinking about tomorrow when she will not be able to work. so i think she should forget about him they are totally two different people.

shyhem   

Flying still

Why there is a will, there is a way and the heart is where the matter is, and i'm caustiously optimistic that at the end of the day u'r cousin,will make a decision that she won't regret in the near future.

iska daa ya Flying, she says it isn't her. icon_razz.gif

Me personally I'd be concerned about how closely related we are....a cousin is out of the question :eek:

I have a friend who's pursuing her phD and honestly I see how heavy her load gets. These people are constantly working, and when they recieve their phd's, don't expect them to be sitting at home. So whoever she ends up with has to be very supportive about her education because her career will be time consuming, at this point anyway.

I believe in compatibility. For your cousin, she has to figure out who she's most compatible with, not just the career aspect. Relationships aren't black & white. It's tough. Much luck to your cuz.

Xafsa   

^^^ I understand that a cousin is not what most people would choose...but then Fatima bint rasulilaah married Ali who was her uncle. But allah knows whats best...And I hope and pray that he guides my cousin to the right decision.

1luv