Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Lesson One for the modern Muslim: remember, this is not the 8th century

Ms DD   

I have just read the previous posts of this thread.

The likes of Irshad Manji, Ayan Hersi, Salamn Rushdie, are just 3 examples of so-called Muslims who champion liberalism in the name of Islam, where in fact they are succumbing to the secular agenda and sucking upto their publishers and writing the rubbish that is desired by those who seek rubbish. They are nothing more than liberal islamists. They are extremists in the same manner as the literal islamists.

I think Liberal Islamism is a danger to mainstream Islam in the same manner Literal Islamism is also a threat, ie. both are extremes And in Islam we are told to "take the middle way".

Liberal/Progressive/Modernist Islam clearly is a secular christianised version of Islam which fits itnto a secular democracy. It allows the functioning of usury capitalism and privatises religion....attempts to keep it private.

Islam does not need Reform, Muslims just need to live by Islam.

kheyr i just saw your post. Will reply later.

The topic is :Lesson One for the modern Muslim: remember, this is not the 8th century.

Whats to argue about?An argument can only happen when there is something to argue about and in this case,the whole thing is upside down since 'the islamic faith' is timeless.

Moderate muslim,liberal islamism,radical islamists and u name,are just definitions with no base at all since a muslim cannot be any one of the above for in islam everything thing is set and is clear and this leaves no room for theoretical invention.Dudes & dudettes,there is nothing to argue about.

by cambarro

Islam does not need Reform, Muslims just need to live by Islam.

i saw this phrase after i already was done with the posting,otherwise this explains the whole thing and that is why there is nothing to argue about.Thanks cambaro.

Ms DD   

"Activism will only succeed when it remembers that

a misplaced rigorism is less dangerous than an improper liberalism."

---Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad.

It is safer to be stricter about things that you don't have a need to be strict over, than to introduce concepts of change where there is no need of change.

Murad is advising not to consider all the evils that have occured to the Muslim community and the world as bigger than they actually are. This is what liberal muslims are concentrating on. Nitpicking what the muslims do without having deeper knowledge of Islam. Those liberal muslims may see problems arising within the muslim communities and they may overestimate the problem to the point that they react with complete liberalism (free-thinking) and abandon traditional thoughts completely.

It is bit late here and maybe this maynot be relevant at all. But it is good to share smile.gif