Sign in to follow this  
Animal Farm

Obesity Hype | Consumer Activism

The pro-obesity propaganda movement is finally here. We have waited for so long - we needed this counter attack. I was shocked to see this commercial promoting obesity by the Consumer Freedom organization.

It seems like corporations are getting us to kill ourselves faster, they’re playing with our emotions especially in the age of consumer activism. I mean i remember reading when politicians were discussing the fat tax, every year, for every pound your overweight you would be taxed certain amount of money .

Would you favour a fat tax? Why and Why Not?

WTF is a 'fat tax?' Only an idiotic politician would come up with such a preposterous notion. If obese Americans (some say around 55% of the total pop.) were taxed due to their obesity, I think the U.S. gov't would re-emerge from its trillion-dollar deficit in no time!

P.S. How do you 'promote' obesity? Are McDonald's, Wendy's etc. commercials part of this so-called promotion of obesity?

P.S. How do you 'promote' obesity? Are McDonald's, Wendy's etc. commercials part of this so-called promotion of obesity?

Have you heard of the new 'study' that claims overweight people may live longer than people with normal body weight? This, of course, gives all the fast-food resturaunts the green light to continue on their path of producing cheap junk. And those overweight people would not feel so bad when they stuff that second cheeseburger down their throats and wash it down with an extra-large strawberry milkshake.

Overweight people might live longer

Salma   

Just wait 4 a month, another study will come to the light and will disapprove this "Live-Longer study".

In general, you better avoid this junk food ppl. Whether you are an obese or skinny person.