Sign in to follow this  
Alisomali

Do You know any experts in the Somali Culture

Hello my fellow nomads I'm a Law Student in the United States and I'm working with a Pro Bono (Free of Charge) Immigration Law firm.

Recently we have been dealing with a huge load of Somali cases. Many times the Judge asks for the person to prove that he/she were persecuted in Somalia. For this we depend on many factors.

To make a longe story short we are looking for experts(professors, authors, etc)on Somalia and our culture, to write affidavits for us every once in a while. This expert would have to be in the United States.

This would mean a lot to many Somalis that are in horrid Homeland Security Detention centers.

Thanks

raula   

Do you know Sh. Xassan Jamici of Minneapolis? He is a lawyer in Minnesota whose office deals with various somali related cases. You might perhaps get some insights from him.

Almost forgot-he precisely but not quite immensely deals with immigration cases regarding somali captives or those in 'due process'(in quarrel) within the INS/HOMELAND security system.

Kinda busy now-but will add more info. later.

Much Luck brother.

Sophist   

Ali,

Perhaps you might want to contact Jama Ibrahim who is attorney in this feild. He one of the principle lawyers at www.foglelaw.com He is based in ATL, he might be able to help you.

Sophist

PS: It is a pleasure to see a fellow lawyer.

Thanks to all,

and Sophist Im not a lawyer yet, but I will be finishin law school in another two years.

But I didn't know you were a lawyer, do you practice in the states and in what area.

It would be awsome to have a Somali mentor for once when it comes to my studies.

Sophist   

My dear boy Ali,

The word lawyer in England is lightly used to mean anyone who studies the law at a law school hence my usage of the word. I am law student at University of Cambridge, England; will be finishing this year!.

Sorry, I guess it was just some cultural (British/American) misunderstanding.

But Im real proud to know a Somali brother is going to such an august institution. Maybe you can be a future gov't minister or president instead of the nimrods that are in our so-called gov't today.

May Allah help you with your studies.