Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

The role of dads and the unsung heroes of today..

Give us DaDs or "dada" as my little boy puts it a BREAK!.We should organise a srike maybe then you'll understand how big a role we play in the upbringing of our kids

Naah the kids nowadays dont fancy Batman they prefer Spider man or Shrek.So i'll be Spider man and you can be Shrek.Can you get the green man effect at your end?.

NGONGE   

^^^ Whoooosh. :D

The hint was about Fathers4Justice, saaxib.

Fathers 4 Justice (F4J) is a new civil rights movement campaigning for a child's right to see both parents and grandparents. The group comprises Fathers, Mothers, Grandparents, Teachers, Doctors, Company Directors, Policemen, Barristers – a complete cross section of society – all whom believe that Britain is needlessly creating a nation of children without parents and parents without children.

Fathers 4 Justice have adopted a twin track strategy based around publicity and press. Raising awareness through publicity 'making the injustice visible' and mobilising a 'dads army' – applying pressure to the system and MP's to bring around meaningful change & enforce the will of Parliament.

All children, their parents and grandparents have inalienable rights to enjoy a meaningful, loving relationship with each other woven into our social fabric for over 6,000 years. Parliament's express intention in the 1989 Children's Act was exactly this yet the child's best interest principle has now effectively become the mothers best interest. A recent judgement by Lord Justice Thorpe severing contact between a child and her father gave the green light to recalcitrant mothers that they could veto contact between children and their fathers if this made them 'anxious or depressed.' So why is the Lord Chancellor's Department failing to uphold the will of Parliament? Why is it failing families? Why is it failing our children and grandchildren?

"When the law promotes injustice, it will fall."

BOB GELDOF - JUNE 2002

There you go, daddy-o

I know who they are and i know they became famous by scaling Tower Bridge and Buckingham Palace to publicise their course.I also knew you wanted to hint in that direction but i deliberately wanted to differentiate between this idea and that of the Fathers 4 justice simply because this is a Somali strike rather than a worldwide strike.I wanted to point out the extra responsibilties that we the somali Husbands/father bear on our shoulders that our counterparts elsewhere in the world dont and this is due to our cultural beliefs.You'll be hard pressed to find an Englishman who supports his in laws.You'll also be hard pressed to find one who supports all kinds of people in his house without complaining and at the same time raise his children .So this was a message to our sisters to let them know that there are no greener pastures elsewhere and appreciate what you have!

Your right there Orgi......I have never seen any white folks who go out on alimb to help their parents in the manner that somalis do. Besides its not only that but the children can stay home for as long as they want or get married without any pressures of being asked to leave at 18. So you see we are very generous and charitable in our own way.

Your right there Orgi......I have never seen any white folks who go out on alimb to help their parents in the manner that somalis do. Besides its not only that but the children can stay home for as long as they want or get married without any pressures of being asked to leave at 18. So you see we are very generous and charitable in our own way.

Hear hear hear!!!!

Well put my man

Kruella   

QL I'm far from cruel, my nick as well as my avatar is from 101 Dalmatians hence Cruella deville.

But on a serious note. You're right when you say that we air our dirty laundry like nobody's business. What happened to hiding your brother's/sister's faults so Allah can hide yours? Rubbing wounds with salt won't speed up the healing process.

Salamz

Its true that in the public domain we are portraid as Loosers and a people who have no ambition are blood suckers by our very own folks. I feel that other people issues regarding lifestyles and what happens in this world. However, we are far too busy hating and making sure we become the laughing stalk of the century. So far the image looks set to get worse by the min and the loosers of it all are the same people who sing songs of hate.

Its true that in the public domain we are portraid as Loosers and a people who have no ambition are blood suckers by our very own folks. I feel that other people issues regarding lifestyles and what happens in this world. However, we are far too busy hating and making sure we become the laughing stalk of the century. So far the image looks set to get worse by the min and the loosers of it all are the same people who sing songs of hate.

Whatever you believe that Allah WILL give you then ALLAH WILL give you.

So brothers and sister believe Positive,think positive expect nothing but Blessings from Allah with all your heart and Allah Shall Give you.Expect nothing but bad things from Allah and The Sheytaan will give you that as Allah will Abandon you!!

Keep that in mind Folks

NGONGE   

Orgi,

Point taken, saaxib.

This is not to say I entirely agree with it of course. I do. However, the fathers you speak of are a small minority. The people that give fathers a hard time are those that suffer at the hands of absent, irresponsible and useless fathers. There is an abundance of single mothers, divorced women and abused women. They (and their children) are the ones who complain about the state of Somali fathers today.

The points you have raised and described, though true and great, do not absolve the errors of the many useless and absent fathers (they add to the greatness of the good fathers of course). Anyway, apart from a few mad relatives and wives, I doubt that anyone ignores good fathers these days. In fact, because they’re a rarity, when one is found he gets buried with praise!

This brings us back to the issue of “bad†fathers. We can argue that they’re not all bad and that life, circumstances, their wives or whatever else is what made them look bad. We can argue that they’re really “bad†and cite numerous instances of irresponsible divorces, domestic violence and over all examples of arrogance. In either case, we’ll only be discussing a problem that exists in our society and needs addressing, a problem that takes precedence over the minor issue of neglecting “good†fathers.

On a side note,

I realise that the ranting of young and single girls about the state of Somali husbands today could get on some married men’s nerves at times, but we’ve got to take it on the chin, people. These ladies are not talking from experience and are no threat. It’s when the wives start repeating these comments that one needs to start panicking (or purchase a sports bag – they’re water proof, unlike those black bags). :D

I realise that the ranting of young and single girls about the state of Somali husbands today could get on some married men’s nerves at times, but we’ve got to take it on the chin, people. These ladies are not talking from experience and are no threat. It’s when the wives start repeating these comments that one needs to start panicking (or purchase a sports bag – they’re water proof, unlike those black bags).

:D:D:D:D

Why take a sports bag when you can resolve it ahem.... at you know where shhhhhhhhhhh.I never told you anything by the way aheeeem,ahee aheeem ......

as for the young girls i teach them not ingnore them!

Why take a sports bag when you can resolve it ahem.... at you know where shhhhhhhhhhh.I never told you anything by the way aheeeem,ahee aheeem ......

Hmmm wonder if Ngonge got that :D

Bro Ngonge you what happens when wrongs are not corrected. Yes we do know that alot of the fathers havent done right by their kids and alot too have abandoned their kids too. However, there are alot more dotting fathers who make sure his children prove to be the best in whatever they do. The pundulum in mostly mostly falls towards the bad fathers and thats what is given the focus of attention. I believe we should always have abalanced discussion on issues concerning both men and women than generalise which is aweakness alot of our bros and sisters tends to have....

Orgi wanna share the secret of bliss that u call sssshhhhhhhh..... :confused:

I hate those commericals..almost all portray boys, fathers, men, and husbands in a negative manner. Its not funny. At all.

Theyre are seen as either violent, or ****** , or ignorant, or liars..etc. What are little boys growing up with that in their face 24/7 supposed to think? act? behave?