Sign in to follow this  
sofine

ONE NATION DEBATE?

sofine   

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO SAY A/S TO ALL MY SOL....AND SECOND REASON I WANT TO DISCUSS SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT WITH MY FELLO PEERS....

I RECENTLY HAD A PROPOSAL FOR THE PROBLEMS THAT ARE GOING ON IN SOMALIA....AND HAD JUST FIGURE OUT HOW OUR COUNTRY CAN BE BETTER AND BRIGHT IN THE FUTURE....HERE IS WHAT I COME UP WITH?

ASSUME SOMALIA HAD DIFFERENT VICE PRESIDENT WITH EACH REGION IN SOMALIA....AND COMBINE ALL THE VICE PRESIDENT AND HAVE A ONE GOVERNMENT LIKE THE U.N....SO THEY CAN COME TOGETHER AND DISCUSS PROBLEMS WITH THE REGIONS AND COME UP WITH SOLUTION...THIS WAY....NO QABIL WILL HAVE A CONFLICT....SERIOUSLY...THIS IS THE BEST IDEA SINCE OUR PEOPLE WILL NOT HAVE ONE PERSON FOR PRESIDENT BECAUSE HE/SHE IS FROM DIFFERENT QABIL...SO XAMAR WILL HAVE ONE PRESIDENT,ETC...

WHAT DO YOU THINK? DO YOU THINK IT'LL WORK.... LETS BE REAL ONE PRESIDENT FOR THE WHOLE COUNTRY WILL NOT WORK FROM NOW ON....TOO MUCH AS GONE BY AND THIS SOLUTION WOULD ACTUALLY WORK

Sirrus   

Wasalamu Alaykum Sofine

lil sis

The problem that plagues our nation, can only be summoned up in few words, "errogance" and "ignorance". We are too errogant to sacrifice for the benefit of all. We are too ignorant to realise the bigger picture.

sofine   

i know what you both are saying make sense...but as the children of somalia and i too have a dream that one day all this errogance will fade away....but i really hate seeing teenz giving up because they think the country will never heal.. to me that is just **** excuss of saying who really cares of somalia.....i believe one person can change the impossible to a possible...like martin luther king or king mansale(south africa)(sorry if i spell it wrong)anyway hope y'll can picture the other side of things and remeber where y'll from....peace out smile.gif

Sirrus   

Sofine lil sis

You are absolutely right, its just matter of time before things change. We need to invent Somalia, not reinvent it. As long as we have hearts like yours, who says we are doomed forever.

WingA   

what can we do?? show me!! coz i rather let the next generation sort it out until then just kick back..

peez..

sofine   

winger...for starter we can all get our education and for most of the the young ppl are doing that....then go back home and build business, hospitals, schools....we can ask communities for help to donate money and send to somalia and build a hospital....all that can be done if we have the right ppl to contact and the right time....peace

Blessed   

^^lols! He means where are you now?!

Aniga, not bothered about the Politics of Somalis as I can't do nothin g about it. I can only support / oppose and comment on the actions of those that are in a position to do something about the politics.

Innalhamdulillah…wa Salamu alaykum wa Rahmatullah

What people fail to realize is the real foundation behind our destruction...its not because we are too deep into qabil qabil...its not cause we are arrogant..etc these are the by-product of neglecting Islam...what plague’s us is what plagues the whole Muslim world... Lack of Understanding and application of Islam....

So if you are among those who seek success…know that success is only found when the pleasure of Allah is sought. Until we return to the Book& Sunnah we shall remain humiliated, disgraced and forgotten…Never does Allah alter the conditions of the people until they change what’s in themselves!

sofine   

salafi w/a slaam....thanks for the deep thought that you have written....you are absolutely right....i thank so much for writting what i felt for so long....but never dare to write....because i thought no one feel the way i did....people need to turn back to allah and act the way muslim should act....the general 90% of ppl say we are muslim but never practice it...and it is shamefull....if you go back in history...muslim were the leaders of medicene...science...they had knowledge that was so divine and pour...while the others lived in cages....

I think we all know that if we had a nation founded on and maintained by the principles of Islam, it could be called Utopia.

At the moment, I don't think there is one single country in the world whose administration adheres completely to Islam, and thus are flawed.

Islam is perfect, people however are not.

I would say that the problem isn't religion. Somalia is has a higher precentage of practising muslims than most muslim countries (last time I checked, it was around 98%), yet it is one of the most divided.

The problem is the qabiils, and apparently there is this hate between the tribes that must have been festering for centuries.

Dividing the country up in little semi-autonomous states a la UK or the US, won't get rid of the animosity between the tribes. Because whether instinctively or deliberately, all the parties will be composed of several tribes, who have the majority stake in a party. So, the ruling party, will also be the ruling tribe. Do you think the other parties will happily tolerate that? No, they will claim conspiracy and blame the electoral victory on harvesting votes from their own people.

Nobody could disagree that division has lead us to this current state, so the cause couldn't possibly function as the solution. I say get rid of division, make any mention of qabiils illegal, erase it from official documents and arrest anyone who incites hatred against those from other qabiils.

Once there is no more division, people will have no choice but to resort to unity.