Sign in to follow this  
mojam

Social Debate: Blacks don't read, they are still our slaves!

mojam   

The following letter was read on a local radio hip hop/ r&b radio station. It is a letter supposedly from a white person that has been in circulation. Check it out. Some of the people that called to the show actually agreed with it (eventhough they were blacks). Is there some truth to this, or is it better to dismiss it. It certainly has got me thinking.

BLACKS DON'T READ

THEY ARE STILL OUR SLAVES We can continue to reap profits from the Blacks without the effort of physical slavery. Look at the current methods of containment that they use on themselves: IGNORANCE, GREED, and SELFISHNESS.

Their IGNORANCE is the primary weapon of containment. A great man once said, "The best way to hide something from Black people is to put it in a book." We live now in the Information Age. They have gained the opportunity to read any book on any subject through the efforts of their fight for freedom, yet they refuse to read. There are numerous books readily available at Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon.com, not to mention their own Black Bookstores that provide solid blueprints to reach economic equality (which should have been their fight all along), but few read consistently, if at all.

GREED is another powerful weapon of containment. Blacks, since the abolition of slavery, have had large amounts of money at their disposal. Last year they spent 10 billion dollars during Christmas, out of their 450 billion dollars in total yearly income (2.22%). Any of us can use them as our target market, for any business venture we care to dream up, no matter how outlandish, they will buy into it. Being primarily a consumer people, they function totally by greed. They continually want more, with little thought for saving or investing. They would rather buy some new sneaker than invest in starting a business.

Some even neglect their children to have the latest Tommy or FUBU. And they still think that having a Mercedes, and a big house gives the "Status" or that they have achieved the American Dream. They are fools! The vast majority of their people are still in poverty because their greed holds them back from collectively making better communities. With the help of BET, and the rest of their Black media that often broadcasts destructive images into their own homes, we will continue to see huge profits like those of Tommy and Nike. (Tommy Hilfiger has even jeered them, saying he doesn't want their money, and look at how the fools spend more with him than ever before!). They'll continue to show off to each other while we build solid communities with the profits from our businesses that we market to them.

SELFISHNESS, ingrained in their minds through slavery, is one of the major ways we can continue to contain them. One of their own, W. E. B. Dubois said that there was an innate division in their culture. A "Talented Tenth" he called it. He was correct in his deduction that there are segments of their culture that has achieved some "form" of success. However, that segment missed the fullness of his work. They didn't read that the "Talented Tenth" was then responsible to aid the Non-Talented Ninety Percent in achieving a better life. Instead, that segment has created another class, a Buppie class that looks down on their people or aids them in a condescending manner. They will never achieve what we have. Their selfishness does not allow them to be able to work together on any project or endeavor of substance. When they do get together, their selfishness lets their egos get in the way of the goal. Their so-called help organizations seem to only want to promote their name without making any real change in their community. They are content to sit in conferences and conventions in our hotels, and talk about what they will do, while they award plaques to the best speakers, not the best doers. Is there no end to their selfishness?

They steadfastly refuse to see that "TOGETHER EACH ACHIEVES MORE (TEAM)! They do not understand that they are no better than each other because of what they own. In fact, most of those Buppies are but one or two paychecks away from poverty. All of which is under the control of our pens in our offices and our boardrooms.

Yes, we will continue to contain them as long as they refuse to read, continue to buy anything they want, and keep thinking they are "helping" their communities by paying dues to organizations which do little other than hold lavish conventions in our hotels. By the way, don't worry about any of them reading this letter, remember, 'THEY DON'T READ!!!!'

http://www.fm98wjlb.com/reading.html

(Prove them wrong. Please pass this on!)

[ September 02, 2003, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

OMG :eek:

Someone tell me this is a joke! :mad:

You know in Michigan there are alot of racist folks in the suburbs but they will always put up their boundaries when they are around black people and act sympathetic to african-american issues. Just the other day, a friend of mine was telling me how she was listening to this message this other white guy sent her co-worker (who was also white)..the guy leaving the message was drunk..and he was describin about how these "niggers" tried to kill him...to make a long story short..he used that word carelessly and in a deragotory fashion. obviously the co-worker heard this message before her, but I guess he wasn't fazed by the constant use of that word until he made the mistake of makin her listen to it. Talk about awkwardness!!

The point of my story is, racist people still exist...and usually...alcohol brings the truth right out of them :mad:

" And they still think that having a Mercedes, and a big house gives the "Status" or that they have achieved the American Dream."

have to agree some of this latter,actualy i agreed all of the damn thing accept "they dont read" and the other hand how many does haaa,hay you like it or not IT IS TRUE!!!

Ladiif   

Absolutely true!! and the trends aren't promising either and will continue as long as they have this can kind of mentality and life in history. They should git over-it, past is past, dual on the future for God sake. Am not saying they should forget what happened in the past and their history, but just don't let that get to your way to hinder your success. And don't tell me they have successfull ppl(the 10%-talented) what good does your succeess bring if you still live under the same slave master of your grandparents? Isn't that just makes you another slave but just in different shade and under different circumstance(samething but in different manners and approaches) For those who think slavery is only in one form,(owning the individuals) sorry, but I hold the opposit of point of view and I believe the Afro-American man is still not free, atleast entirely, and to be free, they have get their acts together, use the brain cells and engage mental game!!

P.S. I somehow feel this was written by a black person. I just have that feeling!!

Faheema.   

I believe the Afro-American man is still not free, atleast not entirely, and to be free, they have get their acts together, use the brain cells and engage mental game!!

I couldn't agree with you more brother Latiif

Metaphorically speaking “They can’t read” meaning that reading triggers your brains cells in ways that allows you to be more conscious of your surroundings. (Depending on what you reading of ‘course). So, if they are bussy with competing with one other and using I quote "IGNORANCE, GREED, and SELFISHNESS" as methods containment amongs each other, then reading is the last thing on their mind.

Soomalidaa ku maah maahda "ey is cunaysaa waraabo iskama celiso"

Buppie class that looks down on their people or aids them in a condescending manner.

True..maybe this is a "wake up call"

opinionated Are you saying that there is no Truth to this letter? surely not...

Xalimo7   

Well some people like to dismiss slavery like it nutten But you see slavery it can never be forgotten,no matter how big chains blacks put in their neck or for that matter tooth,they need to wake up and smell it.Some people nah go like weh me say ,but me a go say it anyway Me a go talk about slavery and the effects of it today

Some people just don`t want to know about 400 years ago.But the thing about slavery it's

affecting people now.

see you , am around dude

Why do i get the feeling that this letter perfectly describes my Somali ppl rather than African Americans?

I know we are also black but read it once again and tell me if you haven't visualised a punch of so-called Somali Elders talking about nothing but a tribe bull over an expensive cup of Cappucino.

for me this letter is for Somali ppl rather than the African Americans.

Xalimo7   

Zulu, you are confusing me , how dare you compare b/w Slavery and Tribalism,no comparison at all.

I tell you no lie when I see a film about slavery water comes to my eye

You want to know why , because it was me

I,m the same black women hanging in that tree. You see no one could control my soul .Plz once again don't compare Slavery and Tribalism never!

see you , am aroun dude

Changed   

WELL DONT Y'LL THINK THE F*CKER WAS PROVEN WRONG WE READ THE LETTER ......WHY DO Y'LL KEEP AGREING WITH HIM.......THERE A BUNCH OF WHITES THAT DO THE SAME sh!t that he said in his letter :mad: ......CHECK CANDALISA rice, THE secretary general and more there is actually a black woman running for president from the democtatic party ....they may have their bad fish but blacks arent what he describes them to be. we all know there are both good and bad in every society and the blacks have gone so far beyond they got their freaking right in the mid 60th u dont expect them to change to total succes in 30 years do u :confused:

its just sad that y'll agreed with him and y'll claim to be black.......trust me i would not even agree with him because agreing with him would fill his head with bigger thoughts :mad:

Amazing!!

I don't know where you guys live ..but where I live..I'm around educated african-american people!!! yes, there are people who don't continue with education past 5th grade...but look into the white community also. They have drop outs, uneducated, ignorent folks too! They are the first killers who settled in the united states of america. They wiped out the native americans. They enslaved our african brothers and sisters (who by the way had a large MUSLIM population). Even after the africans got their rights, they are oppressed...even to this day. But this is something that I don't have to tell you guys (the ones who agreed to the above post) because I assume you at least finished HIGHSCHOOL :rolleyes:

I'm sorry...I'm still a little bit disturbed by you guys!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Siman   

Whoever wrote the letter and whatever their intention was, there are some element of thruth in it, but in my view, it perfectly applies to SOMALIS not African Americans!

African Americans tirelessly strived for their rights in the face of brutal oppression. Of course they lack behind in many areas of life, but who wouldn't given their dark history of past slavery and institutionalized and systematic modern form of slavery that African Americans have been living under.

....Their selfishness does not allow them to be able to work together on any project or endeavor of substance.

When they do get together, their selfishness lets their egos get in the way of the goal. ...

..want to promote their name without making any real change in their community.

They steadfastly refuse to see that "TOGETHER EACH ACHIEVES MORE (TEAM)! They do not understand that they are no better than each other......

WHO YOU THINK THAT APPLIES TO??

SOMALIS, am I right?