Sign in to follow this  
banaadir

dying breed

banaadir   

in this age of time it seems that all the wise and old somalians are dying all that its left is thugs and hood rats in somalia and weaklings in overseases. what will be the future of somalia ?

Jamilah   

Asalamu Calykum,

what will be the future of somalia ?

Easy, there is no future.

Ok that is a bit harsh but serioulsy speaking Africa on general seem to have increasing problems and when i consult Somali elders in the issue of permanent peace in Somalia they all are convinced that peace in Somalia will never take place. So, being optimistic is very rare in this case. Anyway back to your topic...dying breed, eh?

Well i do not have much to say about that if they are so "wise" then how come there is no peace in Somalia?

Salaam

nuune   

please don't say Somalia has no future

Somalia has a big future a head

the future of Somalia depends on younger generation like us,simple is that :D

sista benadir, i had no idea oldies were dropping dead like files!!hmm! whats killing them...u?lol..

anyway, dont worry, i am wise dude and will save all nomads including your majesty..u!

underdog   

Originally posted by banaadir:

all that its left is thugs and hood rats in somalia and weaklings in overseases.

Human Nature is strange thing. I was in that same frame of mind recently thinking there are no more role models and not enough Somali success stories to inspire the next generation. I experienced an extreme paradigm shift when I stopped looking at all thats wrong with the somali society both back home and here in North America and Europe. All I saw before was wannabe thugs and broken families. I then came across a young couple the girl is a med student and the guy owns his own business.

I have since met a lot of Somalis that are positioning themselves for success. We can't all make it and we're not all on the same track. But I believe enough of us have the drive and conviction to realize life is not a dress rehearsal, this is it. We only have a bright future if we can be self sufficient...It's a start.

MD   

^^^^Well said

I've realized there's a lot of somalis in universities and colleges pursuing a degree and some opening their own business.

Instead of focusing on those "wanna be thugs or hood rats" isn't better to look at those successful somalis..i believe it's going to take a while till we see somali doctors and somali scientist be optomistic bro/sis

Paragon   

Instead of focusing on those "wanna be thugs or hood rats" isn't better to look at those successful somalis..i believe it's going to take a while till we see somali doctors and somali scientist be optomistic bro/sis

Hijabified sista - well said sister, thank you.

king_450   

The offensive of labelling people as extreme fundamentally too young , Vibe or all of these, is to accuse them for not being as they should. It underlines the purpose of this arguement so called Future of Somalia , I also would argue, that it is exactly this cheap thread, but popular in term of putting down people in general,appeals to the emotions and constitute oppostional arguments.

Haashim   

Originally posted by Jamilah:

Asalamu Calykum,

So, being optimistic is very rare in this case. Anyway back to your topic...dying breed, eh?

Well i do not have much to say about that if they are so "wise" then how come there is no peace in Somalia?

Salaam

I agree with you Sis.

the wise people in somalia are the elders that we call ismo's and the northeners call guurti. they can achieve a lot when given the chances. i mean look at puntland and somaliland. in both cases the elder community leaders took part in numeral conferences where they discussed the issues and came up with solutions to unite the people of their communities. in puntland they elected abdulahi yusuf who is still in power and many puntlanders atribute the succes in puntland to him and his ismo group that hold things in balance.

if the rest of us would allow them to participate MORE then the warlords i think we wouldnt be where we are now. the elders have gone past the little squabbles that the warlords have and can have a decent discussion without having to fall out because of the other mans clan. i think that somali elders are the ones that can give us something to look forward to not a warlord gathering in kenya.

Dhimbil   

Instead of focusing on those "wanna be thugs or hood rats" isn't better to look at those successful somalis..

I agree with hijabified here...there are far more somalis pursuing positive goals than negative, focus on the positive brother.