Sign in to follow this  
SafiaLuuL612

How do you feel about the discrimination against Madhibaan people

TIIMBARO   

Mr. Kool that sort of thinking, I called it defeatist perception of reality. If we all went by your logic we wouldn’t be making any substantial progress. We need bunch of people that prescribe to radical methods of changing and improving our culture, the bad aspects of our culture anyway. I think that’s the only way to make any improvement on our country. We need a new generation that totally rejects the notion of tribalism. The Somalis have to understand that tribalism ran out of its use. It has nothing good to offer, to our people anyway. It has proven to be a very racist and a destructive philosophy. As brother Malcolm would say, “Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue

Kool_Kat   

Jeenyo, it's Ms Kool, not Mr...

Anyway, I agree with you 110%...I have nothing against any Somali, no matter his or her tribe...I don't believe in tribes in anyway, shape or form...But, what I am saying is as long as there are dadku dhaqmo Qabiil, Somalis will never succeed or be equal...

As a matter of fact, my fav aunt is of that tribe, I love her and her children like they were my own flesh and blood...I went as far as in aan dhiig isku darsano, with one of her daughters...We used to say we're blood sisters (it's a silly thing, but that's how much our friendship ment to both of us)...

So, when I see what they go through day in and day out...I can not let my child go through that, that's all I am saying...

One Somalia=One LOVE...But I don't know if that will ever happen... :confused:

Paragon   

It is wrong and immoral to discriminate against a fellow Somali.

I have had a little taste of what it means to be segregated or discriminated. My friendship with a non-somali girl has attracted un-necessary attention of some narrow minded Somalis. I only happened to be just a friend not even a fiance'. Sometimes people can be so irrational and the funny question is, what would have happened if i was married to that non-somali girl? Though I haven't planed to marry a non-somali yet, there is a possibility.

Maskin sxb .... Do what you think is less painful to live with. Do NOT bow to pressures. Keep it up sxb.

This is very interesting topic, and although we all swear that we don't discriminate but if we in that position I might give it a though or twice ..

And about the story behind the midgan I heard from some old men sitting in mikhaayid in Syria they said something like ” there were two brothers the so called midgan one and the other one that all other tribes descend from and they were lost in the desert with no food no water, while they were starving they came across a dead body of some cattle I don't really remember I think camel or something else and BOTH of them ate it, but after while when they came across other camp they found food so the non-midgan guy vomited all the food he ate; but the midgan one didn't!! They say he was too greedy and miser to spit back what he ate and that’s why it came the quote (you so greedy like you are midgan).”

But in Islam are you allowed to eat non-halaal food if you life was depending on it? And if you were allowed would it matter to spit it back after you ate it???

I am not sure of the accuracy of this story but that’s what I heard ....

Caveman   

Sheytan.

if that is how this concept of Midgaan started, thanks for reaffirming my believe of how ignorant and savage same aspect of our culture is. And please don’t equate religion into this, Islam got nothing to do with Sabotaging and striping of one’s dignity because we (Somalis) Label them with Names.

Oh and do you know virtually every military army in the world trains its Solders to eat sand, grass and even dead insects. Its call survival, same thing I would do it in a hurry if my life depended on it. Heck

I would rather eat dead insects then be in a “feed the children” video as a skeleton body malnutrition.

Salaam alakum again..

Brother Maskini,First you are my Brother in Islam 2nd you are my somali Brother and i hate it how somalis Discriminate against other somalis it's sad, it's Yuck! But it's happeneing,,,,, and wallahi i've witnessed somalis getting married to a non muslim and a non somali and not being dishonoured what does that tell Us? it's all Bull!!!

it's our job to styop this and marry each other marry for religion, Culture, and Love ,, Not because of someone's Tribe,

;) Ya'AllaH that sounds so Silly to me, it never made sense to me and Insha'Allah it'll never make sense.....

it should be changed.......

Anywayz'''''

Ma'salama

This is a typical Somali rxn :rolleyes: , we all agree how sad and inhumane it is and how we dont discriminate but at the same time we're like (thank god, I'm not one of them) redface.gif Atleast lets be honest.

Somalian's are not known for their patriotism, but we are famous for our loyalties to our qabiil.

Therefore, as long as qabiil exist, discrimination against other somalians will continue. After all, qabiil is the reason we are refugees.

enough said

Thierry.   

Reading the messages of all the nomads on this topic it clearly shows, that non of us whishes upon descrimination againts another.

Reading most the topics, in General I clearly see that almost all the Somalis in this site oppose all our traditional bad habits.

what I want to know is are we a MINORITY, and believe me i have been to alot of somali sites and spoken to alot of Somalis who would wish for better and peaceful changes.

Q? are the people who have these positive opinions a minority, and if not shouldnt we have the greater voice to makes changes favourable to our views.

Q? are the people who have these positive opinions a minority, and if not shouldnt we have the greater voice to makes changes favourable to our views.

Salam Calayakum Nice seeing u back on S.O.L bro.

I certainly dont think that we are a minority R_O_Y, @ least i would hope we are not. I will not try to hide the fact that i dont know too much about this issue, hence my late entry however.......its just a Bulls*** position to be maintained, and certainly for me the mindset of alll of those ppl who call them midgaan is backwards.

I know someone would say yeah but am glad am not, or am i wouldnt marry one, or i wouldnt be happy if my sister married one..............its all bulls***. Ppl need to drop that racisit narrow minded way of thinking.

Fear allah

salaam'alakum again

i agree with brotha shujui.......

Hey Guys you should go to the site www.midgaan.com that site where the other bro posted' i nearly cried and so did my Mother,,,,

it's hard to think your own people can be capable of such discrimination' Ya'Allah!!!!

SAGAL   

Well Allah did't put as in this earth to discriminate each other. As long as the person is muslim, that's what matters. Personally, I don't give a damn if the man is midgaan, as long as he has a pure heart, than I'll put him in my heart.

The Rock's chick.....Well said.

Haniif.....Qabiil is in the very fabric of our society.Lets be honest, Somalia belongs to the ethnic somali nomadic tribes(Isaaqs, daroods, and Hawiyes) and the Rahanweyns somalis who finally stoop up on their feet to establish themselves as prominent somali tribe. Everyone else is client or victim of the crazy nomads. The nomads don't think much of what the smaller tribes like midhibaan and other minoroties want.

This is specially true in the south where minorties are violated everyday and their lands taken away by the nomads. The southern somalia is most diverse part of somalia in terms ethnically and culturally.Nomads are however somalinazing the place , a process that started with Barre.If order returns to the land, who do yu think is gonna run the country. It certaintly won't be any midgaan, Barawane, or bantu.

We somalis lack a sense of nationhood. Our loyalists lies with the clans not the nation or the state.

TIIMBARO   

You can’t attribute the calamity Somalia is in solely on the shoulders of tribalism. Obviously there are many unaccounted factors, for instance the appalling rate of illiteracy. Many of professionals who have been educated in the west have no interest of going back. I hope sense of responsibility will pull them back one day. I will agree with you though that tribalism proved to be a very destructive ideology to the Somalis. Many of them, even the hard core ones when you sit with them, will agree with you that the discrimination less fortunate clans suffered was immoral and unjustified...but no one is willing to do anything about it. I don't know man, sometimes I just want to give up. What is the point of helping people who are incapable self-criticism?