Sign in to follow this  
Miskin

Culture in crises

Baashi   

Miskin,

U have a point there buddy...so is Jeenyo!

The crisis is there and it has its causes...we may have noticed its symptoms lately...no argument there. Pressure is quite enermous...and the phrase 'melting pot' is more true today than it has been before...power of media is just beyond me. Yet nothing is more humbling than to see some of our women veiled walking through westren cities with confidence and grace despite the odds! in 911 era.

I have never seen or heard, nor have I met with woman who has language barrier, who has to work to willingly support their relatives back home, who has to go to school, who has the strength to carry her problem and her folks' problems on her shoulder and yet able to manage to put on smile and go on with her business. To me that is the combination of faith and character...it is our pride side don't miss to see it! That's our distinctive culture too.

As crissis back home..true that. Any nation/state would be just like Somalia if there is no law and order. Anarchy is anarchy! One factor attributable to our malaise is the negative tribalism...poverty, unfit system of governence, and list goes on. Our culture is not perfect...true that too.

We shall overcome...bi'ithnillah