Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

General Nomads

Salam aleikum

I decided to make my on little research, browing from another brothers idea.

one can clealy see when u click into the forums tab, that the over welming majority of ppl's tobics and responses have been in the general section, is it beacuse we dont relate well with commitment or accept fixed views (for want of better experssions) are we becoming to open minded?

Women Matters 3772

Islam Is The Way 1687

Got Any Jokes? 1271

General 11300

Poetry 1631

Beasicly i think these forums go a bit of the way to explaining wot we are like, i would juts like to see if any one else conqours with this view, or indeed disagrees or has amore advance view.

Thx ppl

all replys apprecaited

OG Moti   

Brother I was wondering the same since i got here, but then said man we somali never follow an order or even know what is order, that is why the admins keep moving posts to the right place .. i read something which has to do with women. islam , and jokes in the general loool so brother

what is unique about somalis is do what you like, did you know that somalia is the only country or people who praticed and still practicing democracy and the only country which changed a president by voting in Africa .. yeah President Adan cade lost the presidency to Sharmarke by vote and only somali happen that in whole africa.. peace....sorry for the extra information

Firstly Thx for bothering to reply saxiib lol, i guess this topic never really caught the hearts and imagination of my nomads. Or maybe a better analsys of the appauling level of response (namely None until urs)should tell me that we are exactly that.

And yes saxiib i did no that somalia was the only african country to witness a peacful change in presdency, But thx for reminding me anway.

such an unfortunate shame that The Big head (President smile.gif ) then got assinated.

But once again thx for replying saxiib, who knows maybe this topic will get going now.

Istaahil   

shujui i think its because us somali's whenever we are knew to someplace and we go to it in the first time, then we keep on going the same place and never change. for example somalia's ecnonmy has hardly risen because their are hardly and new stocks and development. if you would like to start a business there you have to sell what every one is familiar with outer wise ur out of business like food, furniture, diraac, daaxab, wedding accessories etc.

so we dont like to try new things.

and OG_MOTI i dont really know about somalia being the only country to practice democracy. if we really did then what puts us in wars still?

and you forget bout master of dictatorship siyaad baree????? :D

Khayr   

Salams,

I think that people come in here to drop there two shilings (aka two cents) and the more people come in here, the more that these forums will become over saturated with repeated and self-serving. Some people just want to start topics because they feel that they there idea or question deserves more attention.

Alhamdillah, there are many forums on somalia online and each forum attracts a particular mind set of people.

Its too be expected that more people will be joining somalionline and we might lose some of the quality discussions that we have had in the past.

I just wish that people like you would come on the chat room so that we can have healthy live debates.

Does the chat room work now by the way?

Well saxiib you are too kind. I just started this topic as it was an observation i have made about us that was interestingly illustrated by the figures i posted above.

Like i said in the out-set this is somethin i saw when i first entered SOL, and indeed another nomad had put a similar question forward.

Khayr i dont no if the chat appellt is loading now, but when it does inshallah we will be able to have better discussions in the future.

NinBrown   

Hi shuju

I think that is a fair assesment of what figures we have show. but you also have to consider the fact that when someone wants to post a new topic he/she would like to get the most exposure of that topic and thus would post it in the are that gets the most hits, which usually happens to be General, bor its marketing i guess.

Remember that old cliche abut 'rich get richer and poor get poorer' well in SOL forums with lots hits get even more hits andone with small numbr of hits get eve smaller.

I thats all the figures are and we should make conclusions on pschosocial somali points from them.

lol   

It could possibly be, because, we can't really categorize the topics we post.. by that I mean, " Maybe we don't know what, should go where"...

Og-: Ur never ending hopes r always high... keep them climaxed at all times

lol   

It could possibly be, because, we can't really categorize the topics we post.. by that I mean, " Maybe we don't know what, should go where"...Ever thought of that Shujui?????

Og-: Ur never ending hopes r always high... keep them climaxed at all times ;)

" when someone wants to post a new topic he/she would like to get the most exposure of that topic and thus would post it in the are that gets the most hits, which usually happens to be General, bor its marketing i guess."

Very True London Lad could be somethin as simply as that.

" It could possibly be, because, we can't really categorize the topics we post.. by that I mean, " Maybe we don't know what, should go where"...

Equally it could also be this ambiguity that leads most of the nomads to be safe than sorry and post in the general section

(am not being overlly diplomatic) smile.gif after all i am a nomad. I just think that both you guys have made very good points. so i think i will leave things there.

Unless their are other nomads out there with more ideas on this wierd Phenomena lol.