Sign in to follow this  
Macalin

is this realistic?ps.serious folks only!

Macalin   

OK..nomads and nomaderesses(no such word!).

pls..be postive when replying to this.

I was wondering, i see many bright nomads in this forum and in real life..most of us are in college but others are quite smart anyways.regardless

i was wondering if we could do a convention of some sort and invite key speakers to speak and get together and kinda like form an association or a lobby that can be seen as force and maybe bring forth some changes in our homeland or any other problem facing us as somalis in general!.

now..i know logistics and financial issues come inhand..but am sure sponsors can be found..esp if its for a good use..i know such things have been done and they have died prematurely and did no good. i guess what am saying is to challenge ourselves and see if we can make a major difference and pump some sense into our lost leaders of our beloved country.or we could publish an online journal and educate or do something.. iam not talking about a regularwebsite..m talking about an educational webiste ..something postive.(what do u think admin and take this a lil further!)

again i know most of us live with parents,have jobs go full time school and cannot dedicate to such a hard and difficult task..but i do hope that we can make some differnce somewhere some place right here in this far dhul shasheeyo.

i also know this maybe unrealistic.. but what do you my fellow nomads think?

Now i need all the smart folks contribution..and plis save the "oh thats a great positive thinking.. we all know it is so cut the crap and lets get to business and see and hear your ideas!..plis.. and dont ask how do we go about.. i would love everyone to see from his/her side and be creative and come with something..anything..something that has never been done..something fresh something new and "hype"..something appealing!...plus this could be a good "resume` builder!..lets see whose who?.. actually i am challenging all yall!..including the humble and hardworking adminstrators!!

Abdinuur   

WOW! What can I say? I love your creative thinking. It's not a joke; it's a serious matter.

I'm willing to support whatever we decide to do whether it be writing a letter to Congress or to the President, making donations, spreading the word---I'm all for it!

We can target certain groups of people, usually some rich folks, and persuade them to support us financially.

Communication is the key. If we can talk the talk, I believe we can walk the walk. It's just a matter of persuading people.

Commitment is also another key point to emphasize. If we plan on doing this, we need to stick to it until we accomplish it.

We should be reliable and count on each other. If everyone brings forth something different from the rest of us, then we can rule the world!

Much Respect.

Macalin   

Abdinuur..way to go big dawg...love the postive vibe in u.

No wonder same gals pick us..lol. we have the same thinking big dawg..lets see what the other smart folks have to say..waiting in earnest!..

ps>like the congress thingi..good point!

Macalin   

Thunder..the goal is to make a difference in ppls lives.

we all know the situation of our country,so no further explantions.

Xafsa   

Lakkad brother I salute you for such a great idea.

I think that writing letters to congress or the president is not going to help the somali people in the least(assuming you are talking about the USA president and congress?). The problem that faces us as somalis is caused by us...so we have to help our selves get back on our feet. This would include taking an active role in our communties both back in africa and abroad. We have to first work on this Qabiil thing that has torn us apart. When we as a people have healed our wounds and have excepted ourselves regardless of qabiil can we expect help from others.

I am ready to take my part in helping our nation heal.

This only just my opinion.

peace and luv

Great idea, but how are you gonna get somalis to do this.

I dont wanna rain on your parade, but when it comes to commitment on such event, I dont know if you will get as much support as you are getting here on this post.

But, I'll keep reading and see how it goes.

xoxox

Taqwa   

You Have My Vote 100%!

But I was thinking, why don't you educate our youth through Islam. You will be getting great reward from Allah for changing lifes and at the same time doing a good thing for your people. Sorry but I always think with an Islamic mind I was raised that way.

*Make a journal, and you e-mail it to all the Somali's we know and you have different sections from that Journal. Its should be a monthly journal.

Salamu Alaikum,

Very nice idea Lakkad. My full support and contribution always will go to overcome the struggle. I totally agree with Abdinuur, Xafsa, Taqwa and well everyone else. Can I make one suggestion though, for the mean tme lets spend some charity for the poor folks back home. I mean many are suffering accross the somali regions with no basic food and shelter utilities available for them. Help these brothers and sisters in a time of need and surely Allah will reward the good-doers.

PEACE !

AND THE STRUGGLE GOES ON

~Actions are Judged by their intentions {Holy Prophet (SAW)}

lulla   

lakked great idea bro! i always wanna make difference in someone's life.

There are so many children without parents in somalia.I think if we are going to do something we should do something for them.We should collect money each of us and then one of us have to go somalia and give the money to them. I mean we can't trust the money with anyone else. we built like orphan place for them where they can at least get shelter and food. as for getting the money, i know i can persuade the people to give it to me. also they are alot older people with nothin their. i think we should built house for them too. that's just my ideas.

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleikum Wr Wb

I agree with lulla, abdinuur, Taqwa & xafsa. Is fantastic idea walaahi :cool: . No matter what kind help it is & how big it is. surely it will make big difference. And b4 we jump a head of our selfes like dealing political stuffs. We should fucus on dying kids & very ill people that have no one to relay on. like lulla said we could establish a an organisation & open and account for that organisation, collect money from each other every month whether is $10 or $20 or whatever u can even if it is 0.50 cents & donate it to those kids.

Remember nomads nothing is impossible, anything can be achieved if there is commitment & intrest. So for Allah sake let's help others, we were lucky to be here why can't we give something back to the ones that need it. I am sure we waste $10 or more $$ for nothing when somali kids r dying 4 hunger.

Dantay1   

The idea is there now we need to think of the mechanism the system, It should be taken seriously no part time work. The organisation should be transparent and should be open to scrutiny. It should set aside projects within the Somali community in the diaspora, in North America, cells should be created in all the major Somali centres. Also in the large Somali community in the UK, this project should focus on providing training and education, mentoring programms for the young. We need to get the youths out of the jails (in the UK) and those who have been forunat enough to have had an education should help educate those who are on the way up.

We need to have offices and centres that directly help the youth and single families. The aim should be to unite the community through the realistic observation of the everyday problems we face. poverty, drugs and AIDS.

Projects could include.

Trips for the youths to theme parks

A soccer, basketbal leagues managed by the organisations.

Tuition centres that teach after school hours to help our bright kids get into prestigous universities.

Volunteer work and paid jobs to teach or help Schools and institutions back home.

Send youth workers to Somali regions in order to help with development issues.

The key is simple the young educated and resourceful Somali's should stand up and be counted. We need to take back our youth, our community and our name back.

When the Somali's in the west are doing well then the next phase should be to help the motherland.

i think what you brothers and sisters have in mind is great however like one you mentioned already it is not a new idea i'm sure many of us have been thinkin about this..but to take it to the next level of priority would be a challenge one i' would be honored to take part of..what we need is direction we have a set goal but how are we to reach it..and i like the idea about the journal it's flawless..this could sprout from this forum as it's root and branch out like a tree..i love your positive ideas brothers and sisters alike it's very compelling but let's focus more on direction and what would be of priority is it to build shelter and feed the hungry or to educate our young generation here in the west..thats just me thinkin out loud thanx for listening..you got my support 200% this type of project raises my spirits hopefully you guys could find a way to fuel this rocket....peace."N"1 luv'to all ma'somali people