Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Who Does Jerusalem belong to ?

Salamu Alaikum,

Hey I am new here and wandering what others thought of who does Jerusalem belong to: Is it Arabs (Ishmaelites: descents of Prophet Ishmael Peace Be Upon Him) or Israelians(descendents of prophet Isaac Peace Be Upon Him)or may be is it both or even neither?

In others who was there first? Please back your answers with historical and theological evidences.

W Salaam.

~Where there is a will there is a way~

Bachelor   

Mujahid wlc abroad brother! and feel free i mean real free "at home". This is a nomad's land. The Question is very interesting and need some deep knowledge to convience other. As far as my opinion it should be under US (the muslims) and let tolerat all the relegion that exist in that area. How is that?

Miriam1   

:mad:

UNDER THE MUSLIMS NO NEED TO IT QUESTION AT ALL!!! WE SHOULD ALSO CONTROL THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!! IF YOU ASK ME

Peace ( I just get to passionate baout this topic smile.gif )

Now i am relazed :cool:

Peace :D

Asalaamu calaykum

Mujahid w/c bother 2 nomad's land.

Very interest Q , I heard as most of the prophets came from isreal's except prophets ciisa pbuh and mohamed scw.

Palestine: A Historical Chronology.

3000 BC: Canaanities are the original people of palestine.

2500 BC: Canaanities settle around jerusalem, which is established by the jebusites, a Canaanite tribe.

2000 BC: Prophet Ibrahim pbuh miggrates to the land of Palestine/jeesusalem.

1842 BC: First mention of jerusalem discovered in a text (Egypitian).

1700-1500 BC: The rules of Egypt called Hyksos invade jerusalem.

1350 BC: First mention of jerusalem as acity-state discovered in an Egypitian latter called the Tel Amama letter.

1250 BC: Prophet Musa pbuh leads his ppl out of Egypt.

1200 BC: A ppl fr Greece called the Philistines occupy the Land of Canaan & most probably jerusalem & rule it 4 only 40 yrs.

1200-1020 BC: Jebusites rule the city of jerusalem.

1020 BC: Prophet Dawud pbuh fights a battle with the Phiilistines, destroys them & establishes Ancient Isreal.

965 BC: Prophet Sulayman pbuh succeeds Dawud pbuh as the king of isreal.

922 BC: After Sulayman ppbuh death the kingdon of isreal is split; judea with jerusalem as its capital & isreal destroyed by the Bbylonians.

salaamu

Rahima   

The whole world belongs to Allah and so should be ruled by those who worhip Allah in the correct manner.Having set that criteria, we Muslims should rule Jerusalem. The scholars of Islam have said that all Muslims should hold this opinion and work towards the return of Masjid Al-Aqsa to the true slaves of Allah.

May Allah return Masjid Al-Aqsa to the Muslims.

My answer to your q: The Palestinians. I say this because they've been robbed of their land in a forceful manner, and Isreal is denying this fact. The Isrealis need to let go of the occupied territories.

Rahiima: Jerusalem is important to the 3 major religions. How can they all work together to achieve some sort of a peaceful co-existance?

Salamu Alaikum,

Thanks to all those people who addressed this topic in a prudent manner.

May Allah the King of the kings return Al-Quds to its rightful owners the Muslims in particular the Palestinians, Ameen.

~Inamal a'malu bi niyah (one's actions are judged by their intentions)~ [Holy Prophet (SAW)]

Ariadne   

there are 3 religous groups that have claims to jerusalem and want it for themself: the muslims obviously, the christians, and the jews he christians cuz supposedly thats where Isa was crucified, the jews cuz its the land thats was promised to Isreal's(yaquub) sons and the muslims cuz thats where the prophet muhammed (saw)ascended to heaven in and its the ibrahim who is the father of the two goups in conflict there (muslims and jews)and is the third holiest city in islam after makkah and medinah so in my opinion it belongs to the palestinians and to the muslims

Thunder   

Mujahid

Thanks 4 posting your article and emay allah forgive me if I make ta mistake.

Fisrt Islam doesn't share the same view that the bible shares ragarding Ibraahiim's sons, no emphasis is put on the person's unchosen identity (arab, Jew, etc) but the emphais is on the believe (aqeedah). So who does Jersalem belongs to? The heaven's and the earth belong to allah no one can claim it, and since muslims have the right aqeedah and since Al Qudus (Israa wal micraaj) is in Jersusalem then the rightful gurdains of Jersalem are Muslims. No arab, Jew, African, European can claimed but muslims of all backgrounds.

Secondly the bible speaks of the rapture and the war before Jesus cames, some right wing Christians have sought to make this happen and create a war between the Jews and the muslims thatare living there. Muslims and jews coexisted millions of years. It is the Right Christians that are sponsoring programs that migrates jews from Russia...Argentina to Israel in hopes that a clash between the inhabitants will make thier belive came true.

Finnaly -- Allah is the only King. The king of the heavens and earth and ownership belongs to him.

Rahima   

Sister Tamina, I have no problem with people of different faiths co-existing in the same area, but what i do have a problem with is when there is Tyranny, weather the aggressors are Jews, Muslims, Christians or what have you.

I advice you to read the stories of our Salaf-us-salahiin (rightly guided predecessors) and great Muslim men such as SALAH-AL-DIIN AL-AYUBI. I believe the way they dealt with the problem was the correct way and Allah knows best.

Oblivion   

This is very difficult question...we Somalis sometimes make fun of this fact and say "xaaladu waa bariga dhexe". The middle east has been the center of the world for ages, and it's no wonder the grand finale (end of the world) will be take place there. No wise politician can solve this problem, in our life time for sure.

Salamu Alaikum,

I think today I am spitting many posts lol

Anywayz the Muslims own Jerusalem and we need to recapture it back ? But the question is how ? How can we defeat these Yahuuda backed by US ? Cause they been occupying this Muslim areas since 1948 ? Where is the next Salahudin Ayubi ? May he is a member of the nomad community lol ?

jogoo   

With all the replies to this topic it seems all nomads have soo much sympathy to their muslim brothers/sisters as well commitment in their submission to the will of god.Well its good to see such a solidarity in this issue,but what about our country? dont you guys see how irrelevant it is to be discussing about arab israeli conflicts yet we are domestically disorganised.With this nomads the bottom line is that we got no reason to be emotional about mid east,and forget that we might be in an even more worse situation than the so palestinians.I understand they are our muslim brothers and sisters but still islam teaches that you have start from your immediate sarrounding first.

So my fellow nomads why dont we openly discuss and analyse the somalis and somalia issues before running around popping our noses into mid east issue they are too complex for us.

guurku haiidambeeye horta geediga magaadha

Salaamu Alaikum,

Joogo said: " dont you guys see how irrelevant it is to be discussing about arab israeli conflicts yet we are domestically disorganised."

------> This is why most Muslim countries are in a problematic positions i.e. Iraq, Kosovo, Pakistan, Libya and Somalia. Don't you see we are always thinking about us ! us ! us ! and forgetting fellow Muslims. We need to unite as one Insha Allah and at the same time deal with own problems in our respected countries.

The Prophet Muhammad Sala Lahu Calayhi Wasalim said: The Muslim Ummah is like a single body if one part disfunctions all other parts follow. Please do not be narrow minded to say the topic is not relevant it is paramount smile.gif . What the palestinians went through are not their own faults another people the infidel yahuda :mad: :mad: :mad: occuppied their lands by force backed by USA and UK and the rest of the west for over 50 years, The problem cannot be compared to Somalia where they destroyed each other through qabiil-hating politics and not respecting each other :(

W/Salaam

Mujahid over and out !