Sign in to follow this  
JUSTICE

First car

JUSTICE   

Now that am planning to get my first car, I need your help.

I only can drive automatic, (uff couldn't do the manual), so am looking for a second hand automatic car. Where can I get a car of good vslue and condition. What should I be aware of when buying a second hand car, especially an automatic????

Malika   

^Aaw..your first car huh!..bless,welcome to freedom sister!!

I got mine,at an auction but you can also look into the Autotrade magazine..but only if you have someone that knows cars inside out, you dont want to get ripped off!

Where I live, there is a weekly newspaper which also features second hand cars,look in your local news paper!

or if you can get yourself in Scotland,there you can get cheap,clean second hand cars..but the journey up there would require also someone who knows cars inside out..

its worth be friending a mechanic.. :D

Goodluck!

Justice I just bought my first car last week. With the help of my brother I found Toyota Camry 2005 for seven thousand dollars smile.gif . It is very stressing finding a car but luckly my brother knews altot of car dealers. If you were in Canada, I would have given websites.

Kool_Kat   

^May be you can let me know the websites or which dealers, I am also shopping for a car! I tell ya shidh ain't funny...It would really help me if you did... :D

Justice, the worst thing you can do is to rush in to buying a car...Though it gets a bit too frustrating after a while (try almost four weeks of shopping for a car and still nothing :( )...Stay away from Hyundai, Nissan has electrical problems - well most of them, American cars (although much better now than before) I wouldn't buy either...You're best bet would be Japanese cars, specially Honda or Toyota...

Good luck!

JUSTICE   

^^ I can't get that in London, its too expensive to insure and am not that rich with my student budget and part time job.

Justice, I would suggest you get a second hand VW Polo or Golf, you can never go wrong with German cars. They are built to last. And they dont look bad either.

You might find it a bit difficult to find an auto one, as they are mostly manual, but there are a few around. Try looking outside the city if you live in London.

JUSTICE   

^ I always wanted a polo and I know Autos are hard to find. All am doing now is shopping around and it looks like this search will take a long time.

What about Corsa?? I think its OK

Blessed   

^Corsas are cute but I second Serenity, golfs are great cars. Also, head North where you'll have more choice and cars are cheaper.

p.s why is this thread here?

Urban   

Go to Autotrader.co.uk

I'd stay away from Peugeot and Ford cars, Justice.

You can't go wrong with German cars, but they are a little expensive.

VW - Polo

Renault - Clio

Vauxhall - Corsa

Nissan - Micra

Toyota - Yaris

Scotland auctions is the best place to find second hand cars like mentioned above. But i don't know the exact location.

It would be helpful to know what your budget is.