Sign in to follow this  
Child of Dune

Why People fall in Love

Rahima   

Simply_I,

Falling in love b4 marriage is haraam, in fact we call it love but its infatuation and lust.

That’s not true brother/sister. Love before marriage is NOT xaraam, it is a natural feeling and does occur. What is Xaraam however is if one acts in a xaraam manner because of that love. Please read the following paragraph paying particular attention to the bold.

Though love is something nice, and it is recommended for a man to marry a woman whom he loves, because
the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said: “There is nothing better for two who love each other than marriage.†(Sahih Al-Jami`, 5200)
However, this love should not be overwhelming and cause a person to forget other characteristics which he should look for in the person he wants to marry. The most important characteristic is religious commitment. The Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, says: “A woman may be married for four things: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and her commitment to religion. Choose the one who is religious, may your hands be rubbed with dust [i.e., may you prosper]!†(Agreed-upon Hadith).

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544448

BTW, deeming something xaraam when it is not is very dangerous walaal. In future be very careful ;)

Nephissa   

I can understand why it's haram before marriage.

When feelings are involved anything is possible. People become comfortable with one another, and with that comes a lot of happy touching, which leads to ...

You just can't love somebody, and not touch them. redface.gif

Foxy   

Your last comment isn't funny.

Sister i am becoming increasingly concerned 4 your wellbeing if you continue to conduct your affairs in this way.....

Falling in love b4 marriage is haraam, in fact we call it love but its infatuation and lust.

Having thoughts of sexual nature towards anyone you aren't married to is haraam and a desease of the heart. Now don't tell me when ur in love u dont experience that.

Opposites attract theory is a fake produced by the kaffir society, relationships based on similarities work better as the people involved are more compatible and agree in a certain lifestyle.

[/b]

Lols simple_1

may be I need saving from being myself, or is it in your book I live a sinfull life if I believe in love b4 marraige, hell I practised it with a passion, Hell I believe in flirting and dating before marriage....what is it You call that again.....Big all haraam with the power of 10 or was it more

Say may be I should start repenting sooner than later malaa in your dictionary........

cheers

Why People fall in Love

'cos obviously they aint got nothing better to od with their time

... blah blah blah haram

couldnt agree more, weak damned infadels, something should be done about them ... i mean what kind of message are they sending

[edit]

p.s. foxy Falling in love b4 marriage

nicely put girl, marry them, then fall in love with them.

girls this is true, its like the fairy tale, you kiss the frog then he truns into a prince. NOT, repeat NoT the other way round.

Nephissa   

Foxy, were you talking to me? If so, that last comment wasn't supposed to be funny, but one of the reasons why I thought it's Haram. It was all about Temptations and not resisting them..yea.

I'm not a touchy feely person, even if i'm with somebody that I care about not even Will Smith could touch this.

I'm not mental yet, but thanks for the concern anyways.

Simply_I   

Maybe we all have different definitions of love b4 marriage and thats why we are all desagreeing whether its haram.

According to our religion there is sin of the eyes(when you check someone and think woow maybe even develop a few fantasies), sin of the tongue(when you speak to someone of the opposite sex in private in a seductive manner like flirting) and physical sin.

When we see someone that we consider attractive, we should not cast a second glance(look away) or hold any peculiar thoughts or try to make conversation with them.

If you like them fine, you can find out more info about them through friends and family and involve a third party etc..

Now what does falling in love involve from my point of view?

The first two things above and may leed to the third if not careful.

Since they are Xaraam, falling in love to me before marriage is Xaram.

Foxy i dont mean to offend you sis but through reading some of your posts you sound like a misinformed sister. Islam is not ancient and can never be out of date, the world is in a mess today because its teachings are randomly practiced.

And no i am not going to say may Allah guide you to the right path, but may Allah guide us all to the right path. Amin.