Sign in to follow this  
Buubto

Does Love Really Exist?

Buubto   

Asalaamu caleykum wr wb

This is a question dat I asked myself million times, asked others don’t seem to get right answer. So Nomads wat is ur opinion I know u r sick & tied of hearing this. But does love really exist or is just exist in Hollywood world? Nowadays ppl get married 4 other reasons such as, interest, family reasons, nationality, tribe, biological clock, gold digger, service, production & etc. so is it really love dat bonds ppl & forces them to get married? Or is it the above reasons I mentioned? I asked myself if it is 4 the sake of love this ppl r getting married why the divorce rate is high?

Or there is no such a thing called "love", lust is wat ppl think is love?

plz have ur say. thanx 4 reading. Peace smile.gif

Abdinuur   

Everyone admits that love is wonderful and necessary, yet no one agrees on just what it is. I've alwayz wondered about this too, Buubto.

See, there are two kinds of love. In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love, you want the other person.

Everybody forgets the basic thing...remeber when you used to hear: 'people are not going to love you unless you love them.'

The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're still alive. And I think that 'LOVE' really exits in this gigantic world. You just gotta go get it yourself you know.

And real love stories never have endings. Betta believe dat.

Some ppl marry each other cuzz of material things, but eventually, love comes along and takes over everything. For reals. You just gotta find a person to click and connect wit!

One luv

Hibo   

Salaams

I think most people confuse the word lust and love together...I have this friend, in the past two years she has dated 3 guys and claimed to love all of them confused.gif I don't think that's possible...

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to my mother about love and she said it does exist, but it doesn't last forever, she told me she was dating this guy before she married my father and my grandmother didn’t want my mother to marry him because of qabiil reasons (she said the guy she really liked, but that the women of that qabiil are really not nice). Anyway, my mother was in love with the guy and he loved her too, when my mother told the guy that she couldn’t marry him because of her mother, the guy said that he would wait even 10yrs if he had to and my mother said that it was pointless, thus they never married. She told me that back then she was in love with the guy, but she could never turn her back on her mother…now she has no feelings for the guy other then friendship, he too ended up getting married and having kids.

That really got me thinking...it's obvious that a lot of people don't marry for love, but for other reasons...but somewhere in this world there must have been people that got married for love and it must have lasted their whole lifetime…

I believe that love does exist and if you are meant to find it, you will and if not, then it is Allah’s will.

lol every time I ask someone to describe the feeling of love to me one of the things they always say to me is the butterflies you get in your stomach frown.gif the thing is…I always get butterflies in my stomach lol redface.gif

Salaan...

Buubto:

Yes, it does 'exist.' And I am very sure for it. To prove it, I will go no where but only to the Quranka Kariimka. What will it say about it? Just a perspective from the Quraanka Kariimka, this is what it says about love:

"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put LOVE and mercy between your {hearts}: verily in that are Signs for those reflect."

Exactly, that ayat is speaking love and its sign. Is there any where better to be expressed than in there?

Macsalaama!!

There is no such things as LOVE! Love doesn't exist and as Buubto said already, People marry each other for reasons only or Common interest! Like Qabiil, money, looks, Saacada oo kadhacayso! etc..

So my people marry whoever has the same common goals as you, Cuz you can wait but "love" won't Come!!

Ma'salaama

lulla   

LadyFatima you are very wrong, love does exist.Just because u haven't come across doesn't mean it doesn't exist it.My own mother and father have real love. what more prove do i need?

Hibo   

There r different kinds of love. Love 4 ur parents, siblings, country....etc...but of course the most important one is between a man & a woman, and I believe THAT love exists. Why? Simply because we can not live without it. What does it feel like? Nobody I asked has ever given me the same answer 4 this question.

Baydan   

It does exist. But it is over exaggerated

and abused word! I think true love is rare very few people in this world are lucky enough to experience it. When I see 70+ yrs old couples holding hands smiling at each other's eyes..it is the success of life!

raula   

like someppl's said love exists..however it exists in different levels...I have experienced it and I think it exists as level of " true understanding of 1 another"..

Often, 1 says that a mother always loves her children unconditionally,..no that's not the case in this world..how can u explain when a mother gives her child up 4 adoption..nevertheless, in our culture lots of kids grow-up without their immediate family around and they end up bonding to

other family members...

C, ur parents might "love each other" 4 the more than 60yrs or the rest of lives till death do them apart..but its because of the compassion, respect, understanding, how they treated each other, and most of all the enjoyment of each others company that kept 'em together all this time..

Yes, ppl marry 4 lots of reasons..but according to love their is only 1 TRUE LOVE..but how can u explain the marrying of upto 4 wives?( that our religion allows)...would u say that this man loves all his wives equally? ofcourse he might...but really??????

midwesta..regulate

unixguru   

Yes it does...

And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.

30:21

Salaan...

Faanta:

You are late. Sorry. Next departing train's time is unknown and its location likewise is unknown. But, hey, be patient. Now, I see you realized that it does exist.

Macsalaama!!!

[This message has been edited by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar (edited 01-25-2002).]

Buubto   

Asalaamu Caleykum Wr Wb

Thanx all 4 ur input. Well I guess it does exist & over exaggerated. I am yet to come a cross a couple who truly love eachother, other than Hollywood fantasies. I don’t think it does exist in our community though eek.gif [Allahu Yaclam].

W/salaam Peace smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Buubto (edited 02-02-2002).]