Sign in to follow this  
American

What about freedom?

American   

I am an American who stumbled on this site while searching for different views on America. I see a lot of messages about Islam and even Islamic states but none about freedom. I am speaking of religous and racial freedom. We (Americans) generally hold freedom high on our list of priorities. We honor the right of every human to believe in God in any way each person wants. It seems to me if the rest of the world was more open to this idea the world be a more peacefull place. Including the middle east. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe the world will know peace only after one religion has killed off all the others. Is that really what God would want? Why do we never hear about freedom from the middle east?

Freedom is in high priority for any nomad out there. My home country would have been a peaceful one if every nomad was not looking for freedom so hard. What I mean is, that in the process of being free from each other's abuse the nomads took arms against each other and it is still going on. We are known to be "the free nomads" in Africa. A somali loves freedom more than his life. An American loves his life more than freedom.

Maybe you should visit the "Land of The Poets" or "The Home of the Free Nomads" ....Somalia That is.

Salaan...

Ameerikaano:

And Islaam is OUR WAY OF LIFE. We live for it. We die for it. We again judged by IT. And for all, it is above our hearts. We are its submitters, not its guardians, as Allaah the Most High is Its Guardian. So if you die as freedom-fighter, well we damn well then not deserve to live by not defending our way of life that is above all--Islaam. And that is why you constantly and frequently heard or read the misused word of Jihaad. Though, you don't understand it, nor do we understand your little preoccupation of this life by defending your little freedom. It is different psychological matter.

Macsalaama!

American   

Now that is what I was hopping to hear!! I wanted to hear someone tell me that thier view of god was the only one. That they know better than god himself how god should be worshipped or perceived. If five men look at god through five views what makes one man right and the other five wrong? Think about that for a minute. Is that really what god wants? One man killing the other four because they see God a little differently?

Salaan...

Ameerikaano:

Men did not go seeking God. Men tried to do that. But, only those chosen by God were those who were sent to mankind. And we Muslims believe they were hundrends of thousands of them.

So, your theory of six men--or whether millions of men--saw God and interpreted six different versions is unfounded. God guides who He wills. God sends who He wills. God is above all. He is the One, the Only, the First, the Last...we call him the MOST BEAUTIFUL NAMES. And most of all there is Tawxiid {Tawhid}--to believe the Oneness of Allaah. And this Unity is that all men He sent down had one version, one vision, and that was to convey the Oneness of Allaah {God}.

And I didn't say we kill those are not Muslims. Noo. See I said before you frequently heard jihaad in Western media, but you terribly fail to understand its implication. There are two jihaads, according to Prophet Maxamed {Muhamad} {S.C.W.}, and they are:

The Great Jihaad: Struggling against your daily habits. Waking up in the early morning is a jihaad. Going to job is a jihaad. Praying is a jihaad. Anything you positively struggle is a 'jihaad.'

And the Lesser Jihaad: Defending our Faith. While attacked or oppressed, it is a duty of the Muslims to defend themselves, otherwise we never cross the line. A mutual respect, if you cannot keep that, then...

And please try to learn more about Islaam.

Macsalaama!!

Jama   

American,

Well, we Muslims hold freedom high on our list of priorities too. That includes religious freedom too. History has proven this again and again. But one must not look at current Muslim countries for true Islamic stated.

The Muslim world in particular, the middle East is filled with dictators who uncle sam supports, although the citizens of these countries don't like them. The people of these countries are fighting for freedom but anyone who puts an effort is labelled a "terrorist" by these regimes and in return they receive weapons to wipe them out.

http://www.khilafah.org

American   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

You missed my whole point, I want freedom to learn more about my religion, and freedom for you to learn more about yours.

Jama

You sound like an inteligent Muslim. How do intelligent Muslims feel about the fundametalist Muslims who feel Christians and Jews must die? I am hearing more and more here in America that all Muslims want to destroy our freedom and convert us all to Islam.

Hibo   

Asalamu Alaykum Wr Wb,

American, I’m really curious, what is your definition of FREEDOM? I’ve seen many westerners; especially the Americans wearing this word out, but have yet to understand what they truly mean by it?

If you are referring to Freedom in religion and are implying that Islam doesn’t hold this in high regard, then I’m afraid you are wrong. It is clearly stated in the Quran that there is no compulsion in religion, so for anyone to say otherwise about Islam has done a great injustice against our faith.

Furthermore, "fundamentalism" another overused word. In Islam it is incumbent upon us as Muslims to follow the tenants as well as every detail of Islam to the fullest, to the best of our ability, so i guess a true Muslim should be a "fundamentalist" since the definition of such a word is anyone who strongly adheres to their faith.

One more thing, sure enough, you are right when you say out of five men who all claim to worship God then how can one be right. But logically speaking, can all be right? I think not. So the question is determining who is right, not if they are all right. As for determining who is right, what they follow should be divinely revealed; i guess they all claim this. The determining factor will be which is able to fulfil the characteristics expected of what is divinely revealed. If you want, with all honesty, name what such characteristics should be then we will put all faiths to the test. The last one standing should be without a doubt the correct one. I guarantee you Islam will never fall. And plus, i guess someday we will find out, when we all stand in front of Allah, but then it will be too late for 4 out of those 5 men.

Lastly, one of the amazing factors of the Quran is that it challenges the reader to prove it wrong. It challenges the reader to produce one single surah (chapter) like it. For over 1400 years no one has being able to take up the challenge and succeed. I think that should tell you something.

I apologise if i seemed harsh, it was not my intention.

Jama   

See that's where you are all wrong. Don't listen to these politicians. They're telling you that Muslims hate your freedom thus they

attack you. Everybody knows including senior American political officials that attacks on America are a result of American foreign policy towards Muslim nations especially Palestine. Whoever says "they hate the way we live" "our freedom etc." is ignoring the issue that is causing all the problems. With this type of attitude no one is going to get anywhere. No Muslims cares about how Americans live their lives and what type of religion you practise. Most European countries, Canada, and Australia/N-zealand are as free as America, have the same culture, same religion, even the same people inhabit these countries. yet we don't see anybody attacking them. This proves all those claims wrong and proves that it lies in American foreign policy.

Hibo   

Dam Jama, you're on the money brother walaahi. I like how you compare America to other nations who don't support Israel and on.

One,

American   

Rahiima_as-Somaali

The definition of freedom? It is bit complicated. You do not seem harsh you seem reasonable. I guess I could start by saying freedom meens all 5 men who see god differently are all right. It means no other man will forbid me to believe in God as I see fit. It means no government will be allowed to impose any religion. I often hear Muslims calling for a religous government. This would be the opposite of freedom. Freedom means living next door to a Buddist on one side and a Muslim on the other and waiving a friendly hello and good morning each day.

unixguru   

Hey American. Do you know that under an Islam state all the, and I mean all the right you just said were freedom. Under an Islamic state a non-Muslim is given all the human rights. For 100's of years, un-Muslims lived next door to Muslims, all over the world.

It is only in the last number of years, there has been strive in the Muslim world mostly due to politics, and not religion.

In a Muslim state, you can warship whomever you like.