Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

La Veil

Ms DD   

Salaam Aleykum

How are you all doing? It has been ages since i have been here. I can tell I am missed by the dire topics here smile.gif

I wanted to let you know about this Abaya shop opened in Angel. Some stunning abayas are on display and the sisters have just started. One of them is the actual designer and she has done them from scratch and this enabled her to create in between sizes where slender sisters are able to wear shapely abayas, very unlike the sack-looking ones. You guys should check it out.

oh..here is their leaflet:

levail05-4.jpg

Ibtisam   

Hey Ms DD :D . Good to see you back sis. smile.gif I need to check out that place before Eid...or maybe before summer. What are the prices like hoorta? I refuse to buy a Abayah for more than £15, as they are less £8 in Muslim countries. :D Unless they are out of this world and make me look absolutely fabulous, which I highly doubt.!

Ms DD   

Hi Che

I am just helping somali sisters out. But cheers for the welcome. LST could remove it if he cant be charitable to the poor somali sisters. I think we should help each other..dont u think?

Anyway what has been happening lately?

Ms DD   

Helo Ghanima dearest

I didnt see ur post there. Since you are poorly student, even cup of tea may be out of your reach now..but the abayas look good. They maybe £8 in the arab world, but in the western world, it is lot dearer.

Saudi stories, coming up Che smile.gif

Wa aleykum salaam sister al-muminah

This is only the UK, i imagine, but they mentioned they will go online in the next collection.

Aaliyyah   

Ms DD thanks hun, I like my abayas to be a bit stylish & shapely. Unfortunately, it is only in UK.

So, let us know when the next collection goes online.

wa salaam

Pucca   

its not just in the uk my dear, you can buy any cabaya that's 'stylish' *and we do have quite alot of shops here in toronto* and just get it altered to fit perfectly. I personally cant be bothered with this, so i just buy a fitted long coat to go with the cabaaya.

Salaama Alaykum,

So they'll be online soon as well? Good to know. I don't get my abayads tailored, I just check it (without putting it on) and take it. They're so expensive though. I usually have to fork out $50-70

for my abayads, and surprisingly the Somali stores sell it for cheap.

Aaliyyah   

its not just in the uk my dear, you can buy any cabaya that's 'stylish' *and we do have quite alot of shops here in toronto* and just get it altered to fit perfectly.

Pucca, I was referring to this particular store :D

However, you are right we have few arab/somali shops where you can find nice abayas.

for my abayads, and surprisingly the Somali stores sell it for cheap.

you are right Al-Mu'minah somali stores tend to be cheaper compared to arab stores. I bought my last abaya from Habib, and I bought it for close to 90 dollars. I could have saved around 40 dollars if I bought it from a somali store.

^^i think somali prices are fair when it comes to food and clothes. for example if u go to ohio u can get skirt for $20, but in arabic stores the same skirt would cost u $40. if i am buying abayas i usually order them from turkey, they have beatiful cheap abayas.

Blessed   

That's good, about time reer UK got some glam. abaayas.

Ghanima, 8pound abaayas in the ME? Where? Or are talking about the ones islaamuhu keenan? :D

The first time I went abaaya shopping here, I was under the impression that they were dirt cheap. I went into Hanayen (The DNKY of abaaya shops) and I picked the plainest abaaya they had, I'm a no glitter girl. It was 200 Omani Riyals. So I'm like, 'what's that in stirling, a tenner?'

My husband just grinned.

A tenner. LOL. :D